Reviews for Bastions
Angel chapter 10 . 10/26/2006
It's Mr. Toyer! Yay! I like the way he walks.

A boy and his dog...how sweet. _ Hernan's a great dog. I like how he detests being petted. And the pants...

That's about all I have to say on this chapter. On to the next one!
Angel chapter 9 . 10/26/2006
XD Great opening line there. Ethan's great. Reminds me a lot of Mod, actually. And Quill is so conflicted. She knows what she's doing is wrong, but doesn't know how to fix it. She's pitiable. Love the bit where Ethan's damning her to every hell he can think of. Yes Maddy, I just said "damning" and "hell". Get over it. _ Also like it when Ethan's digging in the dirt.

I take it that the Conquerers are quite the warmongerers if Ethan doesn't want to face one. I mean, he's a mage. And he DID leave Morry's memories of fighting and whatnot in...
Angel chapter 8 . 10/26/2006
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Poor Morry. I'm very upset at Quill right now. She's a great character, really. Such a selfish slacker. Love the bit where Hernan looks like he wants to bit her legs off. I don't blame him. Almost wish he would. I love that dog. And Morry's accent. It's so random. _
Angel chapter 7 . 10/26/2006
Quill's mom is great. So exited that her daughter's finally accomplished something. Then again, if Quill was MY daughter, I'd probably be rejoicing over the smallest of accomplishements, too...

Nice description of Quill and Morry's walk to her house. Love Hernan's big goofy grin. And poor Morry, trying to remember things that aren't there...I mean, if he can't remember where he and Quill met, he knows that there's GOT to be something wrong... Nice job with him trying to get over his accent, by the way.
Angel chapter 6 . 10/26/2006
I FINALLY found time to review.

Poor Morry. He's so confused. And no one's really helping. Quill's acting like a spoiled child. Ethan is...Ethan. He and Hernan seem to be the only ones who understand what's going on. Well, so they are, but still...

Love these lines: "“Why’s it got pants tied around its neck?”

“He likes them.”

“I didn’t say I wanted a dog too,” she snapped."

"“His name is Morrison Wence, he’s around your age, I had him believe the two of you are in love and will get married.”

“And the dog?”

“His name is Hernan. He won’t leave. Don’t try to take his pants away.”"

Don't try to take his pants away. Priceless. And that last line...so true. A great way to end this chapter.

On to the next one!
Mr.BoJangle chapter 12 . 10/25/2006
Another satisfying addition to a story that continues to grow in interest. I am deeply appreciative of the hard work you do.
KaiaLeigh chapter 12 . 10/25/2006
awesome, hope you update again soon.
KaiaLeigh chapter 11 . 10/25/2006
great chapter
Mr.BoJangle chapter 11 . 10/24/2006
Certainly another fine chapter. We also got a little taste of what I believe everyone was waiting for, and that's a look into Ethan's past. I find myself in dire need of more. Please do keep your work quality as high as the standards as you have presented here.
ELF chapter 10 . 10/24/2006
I love Toyer! He's awesome! I like how Morry wonders if Ethan will lose his hair like the tree. Very random and amusing. Hernan is so cute. I like how he acts. The last sentance is great. hehe. Morry and Hernan, trying to figure out their new lives. :) Keep up the good work, Mad, 'cuz i love it! :):)
Mr.BoJangle chapter 10 . 10/23/2006
A very well-written, well-planned, and effective story. Ethan truly lives up to the reputation of all of us Ethan's everywhere.
KaiaLeigh chapter 10 . 10/23/2006
nice
ELF chapter 9 . 10/23/2006
So much fun! I love Ethan vs. Quill. hehe. Poor Morry. So confused. So lost. "Every Kingdom had its own patron god, and thusly, a more or less patron hell." great line. love the idea. I like the explanation of why Quill calls Ethan Cow. hehe. can't think of anything else to say.
ELF chapter 8 . 10/23/2006
Hehe! I love how Quill hates Morry because he trys to make things better, so Morry tries to make things better. Interesting. I love how Hernan is so angry with Quill. And his eyes are great! I really like the last paragraph. Poor Morry. He's probably so lost and confused. I can't wait to read more!
KaiaLeigh chapter 9 . 10/22/2006