Reviews for Bastions
ELF chapter 5 . 10/11/2006
Morry is great. I like how the Conquerer Kingdom has a different way of speaking. At first, I thought he was just out of it, but then Ethan tries to make him change his accent. Very funny. I like Hernan. Big yellow doggie! Yay! I like the first paragraph. It's really funny how Morry is all confuzzled. hehe. "Morry" "Who?" "You!" :) Great job Mad! Keep writing!
ELF chapter 4 . 10/11/2006
I love it! How did Ethan get dragged to the front of his house? I like the strange man. Very interesting. Ethan has no idea what he did. hehe. In the first line, shouldn't "dust" be "dusty"? I think that might make a little more sense. Still awesome! Morry will be an interesting character, won't he?

:):):)
ELF chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
Shouldn't "soul" be "sole"? (3rd paragraph) I like how Ethan is searching a battlefield for a husband for Quill. Very funny. Ethan is built like a stick figure, huh? I like it. Now I can really picture him. The dog again. I like it. So the Void Kingdom is an ally of the Bastion Kingdom? Just making sure.

Love it! :)
ELF chapter 2 . 10/10/2006
Even better! Quill is fun, I like how she tortures Ethan. Ethan is interesting, because of how desperate he is for money, but how bad he is at getting it. Is that dog what I think it is? Love the animal talk. Why does Quill call Ethan Cow? Is it just to annoy him, or does it have some reason?

Great job, Mad!
ELF chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Awesome! I love it! I'm glad you started out how you did, explaining who Ethan is without just stating everything boringly. Why is Ethan so desperate for money? What does he want the money for? The guy in the beginning is interesting. I like how he's introduced. Why does Ethan hate people so much? Why can animals talk to him?Overall, I think it's amazing. Keep up the good work! :)
Adiwin chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Sounds like a nice person...good start though. I like the descriptions of what he does and what he looks like. You incorporated them into the story nicely.
Angel chapter 3 . 10/9/2006
Nice chapter! Love Ethan looking for someone who isn't dead. And the crows are funny.

Not much else to say. Write more soon!

Angel chapter 2 . 10/9/2006
I like Quill. She's an interesting character. Love all the bits about how her parents are sick and tired about her slacking and how they want her to get a husband.

Poor Ethan. _ I like the part where the dog talks to him. Your animal dialogue is really neat-they have funny little accents or speech patterns. Quite endearing.

Next chapter soon, please?

ShadowAili chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
I like this so far, it's funny! Sorry that volume 2 of Urf isn't going so well, that always sucks . . . . hmm. Certainly hope you'll work through that one, I just started vol. 1 recently and am having tons of fun . . . but yeah. I like this too, and I hope you keep going with this story!

Aili
Angel chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
*Sigh* Okay, okay, I guess I can handle the Urf hiatus with a little help from Bastions here...

This is really nice so far. I love Ethan's character. The line, "Ethan Zeaner hated one thing: everyone," is just hilarious. Gives us some great insight into his character. Also love the fact that animals can talk to him. And how he compares himself to a tree.

Keep writing, Maddy! I can't wait to see how this story turns out! And PLEASE don't forget Urf...

PenMage62442 chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
The way you write... It's very fluid but at the same time, sort of (I can't think of a better word) zappy with humor.

Mr. Ethan Zeaner is not so easy as a person to relate to, because he's much wilier than I could ever be, (and I have a thing for people) but he's a fun character to read about.

Actually, I guess people do have an Ethan somewhere inside, on those days you just like to be left alone. ("go crawl under a rock and die!")

That's nice, a mage who erases memories (could come in handy). I can't wait for the rest of the characters to come in!
KaiaLeigh chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Great 1st chapter, I'd like to read more.
Stellergirl01 chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
I WANT MORE! TELL ME MORE...I'm curious, i want to know more about this character, its captivating...but in a weird hes a freak with an attitude way, but its really good! Keep up the good work!
373 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25