Reviews for Quickfinger House
X chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
Not sure how I found this but this was really extremely well written. A pleasure to read. Good job :-)
jj chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Eek I've read this story sereval times. It's one of my favorite pieces of prose, ever. Really, the demise of the House and cool acceptance of it changed my views on life and death. That's.. kinda big, when you consinder how fucking huge the issue of death is, right? This story's had a huge impact on me. The line John says, "we had a good run, didn't we, love?" is what I consinder probably the best quote ever commited to writing. Suddenly jumping in here with all this praise may seem hollow, but I've re-read this story numerous times over the years, and it always amazes me. The rough but youthful beginings, collection of characters and their full stories, constantly personality, period of haven and eventual, bloody yet somehow graceful fall... Gah, I just love all of it

I'm hoping to do some fanart for this story, so I wanted to confirm the time and place for it, to get accuracy in my work. London, 19th century perhaps? You give a great feel for the setting in your story, but my history knowledge is pretty lame and I don't wanna screw this up. Sorry. xP

Well, thanks for sharing such a beautiful, rich story, and thanks for the help with setting in advance! I'll show you when I'm done, but I'm a slow worker, so it could be sereval months. Actually, is there any scene in pictcular you'd like illustrated? I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, so. Again, I love this story, and thanks!
JessieJean chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Can't believe I haven't read this until now. Annd I'm kinda stuck at a loss for words. It's very long and very full - such strong characters and backgrounds! I like how Richard turns out to be on top in the end. And how you can tell he's repeating John's wisdom to 'Stranger' pretty much word-for-word. Though I'm confused about their age difference now (John and Richard's)... Well, great work! You're such a masterful storyteller.
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
this is AMAZING! One of the best storys i have read here for a long time. oh it made me cry though, poor amy, sparrow, and poor little psychotic robbie and richard and john. so wonderfully well written with such great believable well rounded characters.

Added to which, it really helps you to see where richard is coming from :)

I don't think im the first to have noticed that robbie and the Stranger bear a certain...resemblance. enough for richard to notice anyway. I wonder if that's why he's currently haing such a fun time working the kid up. D

Great stuff, love your writing.
Elizarde Ponce chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
I loved this story. It could've been split into chapters, but its awesome. Added to favorites!
Skido chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Oh wow. I've always had this fondness of past-London street stories, and this story fulfilled every single aspect I love best in this 'genre'. Really really good. You were aiming for description, well you hit the bullseye. I'm going to look at your other story now.
Totally Raven chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Gah... It was long, but oh-so gorgeous. It was worth it all. And I feel as if I know Richard so much bette now, too.

But it was too great to describe it, again... I just loved it. Loved it all. Especially the characters. How on earth do you develop characters so well?
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
This is an awesome story. I absolutely loved it!
Lemon Delight chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
First off, I want to say that was lovely. If your aim was for description then I would say you reached it and more. I feel terrible for Richard in regards to Robbie (an appropriate name) and amused about Chris. Habitual to steal kisses is it? As for John, it's not to at last see him with some background. Poor man lost everything, and only five years? How terrible is that! I'm wondering, now, how Richard could have trusted Stranger. Stranger is similar to Robbie in his anger (and his hatred might be a close match too), so for Richard to trust him...

Second off, I put off posting and memorizing band music for this. Be happy, or sad since I still havn't responded to you ;_;
broobutskey91 chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Very well written! I look forward to further installments.
multiples of six chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Oh my God.. okay, first I have to say you're nuts for posting basically a 60-page as a one-shot, because it could've got a zillion more reviews (which it totally deserves) posted in chapters.

That aside, it was SOO good. It was sad, depressing, but very realistic, which is impressive considering the time period. The ending kills me, but.. ( yeah. It gave really good background on Richard & John's characters and motivation, too. So.. again,.. this was really really good. I can't wait for an update on Midnight Stranger!
melissa chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
hey, this is really good. it's written beautifully. Normally i'm more of a fanfiction person, but this story is great.