Reviews for The Nutcracker Bleeds
Kount Xero chapter 17 . 12/20/2006
Ouch... clairvoyance and a reality that soon will end don't go together. Because...

OH.

It coincides with Liam's theory; inviting fantasy fully in by means of a curse also carries the possibility of it ending when hit by the "objective" (or "other people's") reality at full-force it can shatter greatly. The thing is, fantasy might just be reality, depending on the preception toward it. (I myself fuck around with this concept, but have the tendency to state it explicitly, instead of implicitly, which is a strong point of this story).

As of now, I loved the moth, and the helplessness of it all.
Kount Xero chapter 16 . 12/20/2006
Wow... there is so much in this chapter that I can't even begin. Well, I have to.

First off, Brooke and Armand would make a perfect duo, just one that doesn't talk that much outside of business; and their business is death, in a way ("Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!"). Now that they took care of the princess, what's gonna happen? Will The Shaman- ahh, why am I boring this review with questions! I'll find out.

But, nice moment between Anne and Armand. Armand's heartbeat brings a fresh breath from my own childhood, back when I believed toys could feel.
Kount Xero chapter 15 . 12/20/2006
I knew that SOMETHING was off. I mean, not just The Three, but the whole atmosphere reflected something would come along sooner or later. My best guess? The Shaman... that sonofabitch is up to no good, I tell ya. Let's see whose work this is; oh, and I do believe that Edge also has something to do with EVERYTHING (the big picture, I mean)
Kount Xero chapter 14 . 12/20/2006
HA! KNEW IT!

Yes, indeed, Liam is responsible, albeit indirectly. He did bring the cursed nutcracker, and he did for Olivia, which makes me believe that there is only two sane and unaffected (sane could include Anne as well... well, to a degree) people in the house; Mr. and Mrs. Ellington. Liam is responsible (still trying to wrap my nobes around it... he is responsible), but he did it for Olivia? To do what, exactly, or what on EARTH was he THINKING, making her more shut out from reality than she already was! GODDAMN YOU, LIAM!

Well, he had good intentions. Yeah, RIGHT. Is there anyone who doesn't have some sort of a deviation from the norm in this? I take the above statement back, there isn't ONE sane person in the entire house.

So now, Edge was made by Liam too... what's his obsession with heads? He's like a head collector!

M... it's getting feisty, and more interesting by the chapter. I'll go on, boldly, to where no toy has gone before!
Kount Xero chapter 13 . 12/19/2006
The Shaman is a wise one... or at the very least, the one reminding me of Jabba. Only a lot more conniving than him. I don't trust that guy. Armand is wise to warn him for he will crush him down, but what on EARTH is Augustus!
Kount Xero chapter 12 . 12/19/2006
I had figured something was wrong with the flow of time a few chapters back, well, when Anna met Clara and got back to Armand. It was way too long to be one night, but I had guessed that it was just time seeming slower relative to a toy's perception; seeing as how being smaller would make everything seem bigger (or longer in this case).

There is a nice development here, something you are truly capable of. Anne is learning her position in the toy world (or in "The Little War" as I call it), while Armand shows signs of humanity with every passing second; "mock life" as you call it. On the other hand, now I'm HUGELY suspecting Liam to be the one responsible.
Kount Xero chapter 11 . 12/19/2006
Did I mention that it was a trap?

Yes, I knew that little girl was up to no good. I mean, if she had come from Lady Sovereign's kingdom, she should have known the password, whereas Anne never had time to learn it due to the urgency of her previous situation.

Edge is far off as well. This guy smells of trouble. Let me see what it will bring...
Kount Xero chapter 10 . 12/19/2006

It's a trap.

Did I mention it was a trap!

My GOD, The Nutcracker is the perfect vigilante. He is amazing, but seeing as how the story got his name, I think that is to be expected.

Clara is, thus far, creeping me out more than The Jester, cause I have pity for the poor lovesick fool. She's the kind of doll that makes me want to run for my mom, and if she wasn't sitting right across me, I'd be running like hell, believe me.
Kount Xero chapter 9 . 12/18/2006
Armand and Olivia... seems like a good enough combination for the pain of love. However there's a question, which one loved? Olivia, or Armand? It would appear that Armand's love is protection, yet another aspect we share... well, if that is love, that is. On the other hand, Olivia's addiction to Armand (yep, addiction) demonstrates, to me at the very least, that Liam may be urging her insanity on. Oh yeah...

The rodents have been more conscious than the toys, however, so I believe that gives them a weak side. The creatures that can feel are always at a disadvantage as opposed to those that can not feel. The toys, with the right weapons, would wreak havoc among the rodents with their mercilessness; but their disadvantage is their lack of understanding. So, all-in-all, both sides need a wild card. The Nutcracker is the wild card of the Toys, but is the Master that for the rodents?

Phew... I'll be reading onn...
Kount Xero chapter 8 . 12/18/2006
I admire the way you portray darkness. Something I try maybe too hard to accomplish and concordantly, hardly achieve. The thing is, there is immensity in yours.

I loved the "Liege" and the Liam question got stuck in my head. Can he be, really? Seeing as how all evidence points at him; he's a toymaker, he got the nutcracker and felt/knew "it was for her", he's the only one in the family whom seems to love Olivia genuinely and shows it by giving her a wide array of toys. Could it be that he actually knew about the curse and therefore supplied Olivia with an army to retaliate?

I loved the Liege, as I said. He seems a hard one to knock down; normal overlords just kill the unsuccessful messenger/hitman/whatever, or torture them, or do something that hurts them indirectly; thus, provoking the negative incentive which is all the more reason for the feelings of revenge to build. Sllvek's master treated him not cruelly, just said he was disappointed, proving positive incentive, and provoked him further to correct his error. I like that in an overlord. "They eat their own kind", huh? Nice...

Now, back to the story...
superficialowl chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
I always loved the story of The Nutcracker but I like it better with a horror spin on it lol.
Kount Xero chapter 7 . 12/15/2006
I had come across the name "Armand" once before, but didn't know what it meant. "Army man"... that, he is.

Armand is the brooding type. His soliloquies of being alive as a toy remind me of the dreams I used to have as a kid. No more, but I still dream of my toys, strangely. This is turning interesting, and more interesting by the minute.

My question is Anne's obsession with the idea that this is a dream. Will they return to their normal sizes in the morning? Does it only occur at night? It seems like Olivia had been down there before, so I think it might be so, I'll just read and see...
Kount Xero chapter 6 . 12/15/2006
There's a little Alucard in Armand. Actually, there's a little Alucard in all of us, that cautious, focused kind of determination required to serve.

As for Todd, well... the poor guy has some nasty things coming his way. And it's good to know that Olivia isn't so far gone that she'd protect her toys over everyone, especially in an issue like THAT. "Harlot", I love the word. On the other hand, The Jester (Quentin... reminds me of Harley Quinzel) got just what was comin' to 'im, yesh. I'm going on... damn! You are a great writer, goddamn youse!:)
Kount Xero chapter 5 . 12/15/2006
Alluring, yet sad, twisted, and at the same time, somewhat enchanting. The Jester's love is just like my own, at all times. All that protection we both wrap our valentines in, and what do we get? A bitchslap. Yep. So that's my character, but where on EARTH did you hide that camera in my room!;)

On the other hand, I was wondering about the teacup lift. Is it plastic? I mean, Olivia had to sneak in a teacup for that to happen. And the strings, where did they come from! I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate, and maybe it all went over my head. Don't know. All I know is, you're evil. This is addictive.
Kount Xero chapter 4 . 12/15/2006
Hmm... The Jester! Why The Jester! On the other hand, it adds up to the uneasy atmosphere... so Anne became a toy.

I want to take a moment as to praise the visual aids. It's the grand illusion; you know that Anne is in a box, but you rather imagine it as a house. Then, torches, matches, plastic plants, chalk boards, the book fortress... great encompassing detail and description. Wow.
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »