Reviews for Poem for the Holy Pedophile
Drakonic1 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
As a poem it's wonderfully written and admire the intensity of the feeling behind it, but as far as content goes I must agree with my fellow Christian FIREBRAVE. I think it's sad that you feel this way. I will not pretend to have understood everything you said, but I think the lines calling Christ a pedophile are pretty straight forward, and I agree with you wholeheartedly in that the fact that any of His supposed servants have done anything to "earn" Him this title is simply appalling. I assure you they were not true christians, and Jesus would be as sad and angry about it as you are. On the off chance that you are pulling this accusation from biblical sources I am very interested to hear where Christ or his disciples have acted in such a manner. If you have not actually read scripture I advise you do, as it seems a little unfair to speak ill of Christ if you haven't even read of Him.
Utah Dynamo chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
well i don't realy like what the catholic priests did. luckily i'm not a catholic.
Sad Songs Remind Me chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
This is vulgar, obscene and poorly constructed. This is how a REAL poet does it:

The Pope's P*enis by Sharon Olds

It hangs deep in his robes, a delicate

clapper at the center of a bell.

It moves when he moves, a ghostly fish in a

halo of silver sweaweed, the hair

swaying in the dark and the heat - and at night

while his eyes sleep, it stands up

in praise of God.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Wow. This is emotionally powerful. I relate to this on so many different levels. Being ex-catholic/christian I get where you are coming from. I like also how you touch on priests molesting little boys. It's unappologetically angry and I loved that. Kudos.
kepteinen chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Truly beautiful. Thank you.
persephone in waiting chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Your poetry is phenomenal. You have such a way with words that exceeds the work of many, if not most of the writers on this website. I hope you continue to write, and never sacrifice your talent, for such talent wastes and withers when untouched, unused.
Edgar Wellington chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
This is certainly edgy and powerful. It's nice to see.

I like the way you wove inter-generational involvement into the poem. This cleverly supports the longer term effect of the crime, and it sets up the wider cultural and historical effect. Which is that people, in the guise of the church, will oppress other people for their own gratification.

I had some trouble with this stanza:

My adulthood trestled

like golden fleeces

where infinity is inevitable -

but I have no faith in this species,

or in faith where the disease

feasters.

you are loose with vocabulary here, e.g. trestled and feasters (did you mean festers?), and there seems to be a word order issue "or in faith.."?

I am not usually this picky, though I am getting worse as I read and think more about poetry, but somehow this stanza intrigued me (maybe because it seems to offer some kind of resolution) and so I looked more closely at it.
FIREBRAVE chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
I really am sorry you feal this way.

I am a Christian-but I do believe that all people are equal.

The lines:I would make love to the devil

before I turned myself to float away

on that other tide.

Seemed a little intense-you really mean it!

You would give up life for DEATH!

God bless,

FIREBRAVE
Around.about chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Vicious perfectly vicious. It dragged a little at the beggining, but after awhile the pain and anger was on the verge of pitting in my face. Beautiful and painful.

I couldn't expect better.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
the holiest woman in the world is maria.. she is your mother.. hope that helps..
wontbeusedanymore chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Wow is an understatement for this work . . . Anger weeps from this poem's pores. It is definitely . . . oozing emotion and graphics that spring at you. My favorite line was at the very bottom, "Walk the halls of heaven as a black-widow-madonna." I can't offer anyway to improve on this, because I think it a great piece. Bravo, keep up the work!
Faye Coon chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Wo! You are so FRIKIN creative! I love it! I cant believe people can posess such creative energy! Oh! We must network imediately!

'My adulthood trestled

Like golden fleeces

Where infinity is inevitable

But I have no faith in this species

Or in faith where the disease

Feasters'

Amazing - you have an uncanny ability to express in so few words, yet not neccesarily overwhelming as can sometimes happen. You are doing it well Bebe... share the art - share the love... wont you? -_- 0 ah la la! Your work makes me happy!

-Faye Coon
Ashes.to.Acid chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
The people that you speak of in this poem are exactly the kind that I find to be the disgraces to everything Christianity stands for. As one of the reviewers said before me, your anger and emotion directed here are not overbearing...I see it as rather a bold stance against something that you believe strongly in. I can hardly find the words to say that describe how I feel about this piece.

My favorite part, though, is the very last line: "Mother. Mother. Women created sin. They created vengeance as well."

It leaves room for suspense and bitterness, as if there's more to come, whether it'll be from your words or our imaginations.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
How true. All Catholic school kids talk about this, when they get old enough to understand it, of course. I do enjoy a lot of the imagery in this piece, it brought about the ending very nicely. Controversy makes the best palette for poetry, don't you think so?

Until next time