Reviews for The Duplicity of Felicity
chocolatechiploafie chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
What a way to end this spontaneous review streak: a felicia musing/prose about self. Delightfully random, and also, you need to trade-mark the word firate. It's just so absurd it works. The way you explore felicity with duplicity is interesting- do words that rhyme to us feel closer to us? Did that sentence make sense? I feel stoopid. Anyway, there are certainly psychological studies about the self fulfilling prophecy aspect of names. I won't bore you with the details. Actually, I should probably go to sleep before I stop making sense. Seriously though, well done Felicia, you have a collection here that you should be proud of.

The Most Discrete Wheat Product Ever
kenansense chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Hahaha...this is brilliant. And pretty damn funny. So I salute you.
little boy on her bike chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
I guess we all are, huh?
oxytocin chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Haha! I love it! I love your stuff! This is really original and quirky. You go articulate every thought process, which allows for quite some detail. Good job!
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Hee, a firate, innit.

everybody is duplicitous (if not more profoundly obtuse) Baxter, you must know that.

Nice poem.

Alan.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Wonderful use of tone and voice to bring the reader into the thought process and the stream of consciousness continuation of where this concludes. It is quite interesting, how the manipulation of language can create connections as well as disparities. I like how this is self-examing, and light hearted, and conversational. Like you're trying to understand if there truly is a connection, or is it just a random word similarity that has nothing to do with your actual name. Very thought provoking read. And "firate", is a weird new word to ponder. It will be stuck in my head now all day, or longer, which is what a work should strive to accomplish. So good work, well written. MD:77.
Spirit Tigress chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Firate, cool. Another well done poem!

Dark Revival
Durandel chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Heh, that was funny, in a way, but is was unique, wow, very unique, you have a real talent for poetry.
brokendreams21 chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Haha. That was totally...just out of here. Go get 'em you...'firate.' Ahahaha...I liked how this poem worked out. Ramblings of an over-thinker. ) Reminds me of all of us. One little thing could send us over the edge and bother us for at least an entire day. No matter what you think, it just won't go away. You demonstrated this so well here...and simply inspired by one word. *sighs* I need to get me into one of them whatchacallthem...'Creative Writing Classes'. Maybe they could help me with my grammar. Haha. I really enjoyed the way this was narrated. Playful...and playing with words. Amazing job!
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
M, firate. I think it's a brand of cookie. If not, it should be.

I was kind of going back-and-forth on this one, not really able to catch the meaning, although I can empathize on the situation. It does get the point of self-torment across, though, and very well, at that.

Shane

p.s. go onto google and look up 'Flying Spaghetti Monster.' You may already know about it, but if not, hit the first link. True fun!
SympleSymon chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Firates...that would be funny if this poem wasn't so sad...poor you. *hugs*
SirScott chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Cool. Every new words has its start as a fake word.

Wishing You Good Health And Plenty Of Wealth, SirScott