Reviews for Rendezvous
russell.waters.9674 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I am new to this site, this is the first story I've read on here and my first review. I initially planned to just skim this story to get a feel for it, but I immediately became engrossed. I couldn't stop reading it once I began.
There are some issues, grammar, spelling and punctuation were chief among them. Some of the dialogue was unrealistic, and the overreaction to the music in the taxi was not good writing.
Where you really shine is in description and in the story itself. I found the story very compelling and, as I said above, I could not stop reading once I began.
Despite the criticisms I have about the mechanics of your writing, as I mentioned above, I believe in your writing and I want to see more. I think you have a flair for creating a story that flows quickly, is easy to read, and one that people will want to read.
I can't wait for you to finish the last chapter, I really want to see this play out.
Thank you very much for having the courage to share this with an audience, I look forward to seeing your work on my bookshelf one day.
Subject005 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I think the opening of a story is one of the most important parts, granted the rest has to be equally as captivating. But this doesn't mean that action needs to be constant, but good writing needs to be consistent. I read the first two paragraphs, and I was far from captivated, I wasn't drawn in, and it just felt to me like one of those stories that has been written a thousand times. The story may be good, but it certainly seems you've struggled to get it down in to words, and almost lazily described settings and characters.
livingspiritz1 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
LOL
m3mlover chapter 6 . 2/28/2012
I feel in this chapter you rushed it. You did not give enough information about where Mark is and what he is feeling. I know you probably won't change the chapter because of one review but keep that in mind
m3mlover chapter 5 . 2/28/2012
I like this chapter because it makes you think about the previous chapters. Keep this up and you will have an amazing story.
m3mlover chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I love this prologue so much! It is filled with adrenaline, and leaves you hanging. I think this will be a page turning book! So far there is nothing at all I would change.
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
hi !

Twinkerdom chapter 9 . 4/10/2007
A few things I've noticed: There are numerous spelling and grammatical errors in your writing. For instance, you use "weather" instead of "whether" and you use commas where you should use periods in a lot of places. Also, your tenses are inconsistent. Technically speaking, I think there is a lot of room for improvement in your writing.

Creatively speaking, there a few things that are blown out of proportion. For instance, Hernandez's reaction to the radio in the car. If you like, I can elaborate more for you in an email or PM.

But, despite these things, I think the idea behind the story is a very good one. The plot seems to be moving a little fast, but pace can be another part of the suspense and you do a good job of keeping track of more than one storyline. I'm looking forward to seeing how you bring them all together.
Sarrrawr chapter 9 . 2/6/2007
Amazing, Please finish. Great story plot and great character introduction. Historical knowledge is also appreciated. Great use of the story. Keep Going!
Endsville chapter 9 . 11/10/2006
Great chapter! I love Robert Frost's poems! Nice choice and I enjoyed the way everything was explained! Can't believe this is only the 4th review!
Endsville chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Wow! Only two reviews? Bloody hell, this deserves more! That's why I've added it to my C2 whatever you call it called Over The Edge. That good, trust me...
DeuxiemeFois chapter 7 . 10/29/2006
wow, good story! keep writing, it looks promising!
seventhchords chapter 6 . 10/25/2006
I cannot believe that no reviews have been submitted as yet! This story has made a very promising start so far, and I've enjoyed the suspense in this piece so far. Keep writing!