Reviews for Midnight Ardour
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Stunning, really. I very much like this. I especially appreciate that you don't waste any words. Every syllable counts in this poem, and that's often a very difficult thing to do. Your idea is veiled in an opaque fabric of imagery, and that's also very admirable-there's nothing I hate more than poets just telling people what their poems mean... seriously-why don't they just write an essay about it? At any rate, really great job. You have an elegant and learned style.

J
R. Louise chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Moving.

Wonderfully moving.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
I loved the structure, rhyme scheme, and word choice. Living proof that rhyme doesn't necessarily make a poem simplistic. Keep it up!
incognegro chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
This work is marvelous in that it shows your versatility. It has a classic feel - like the poetry of Yeats, Keats, Wordsworth and those other British poets that I didn't care much for in my British Lit class I was forced to take...

I wasn't sure about the rhyme when I first started reading it-rhyming couplets can be singsongy, but I don't feel like yours is at all! :) You were successful with it, just like Alexander Pope.

I need to get a dictionary to look up some of the words you used, but the piece was beautifully written. You have a talent and keep using it!
Twilit Exaggerance chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
There is not a greivous amount I can say that would be constructive, other than I envy your language.

Good work.

*clicks fave stories*
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Very, very good choice of words! Love it!
Black and White Dreams chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Espeacially stanza 3. I like the vocabulary. Big words are fun . Keep up the amazing work.

*Black and White Dreams*
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
i like the words you chose for this piece. although a bit dense and some words i dont quite know the meaning to. overall, good work

keep writing
Randomisation chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
i like how each verse is in limerick form - it really flows. like it!
Victor Joseph chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
wow. you took romance and gave it a darker taste. tres bien
tabiboi chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
wow.

that's all i can say.

wow.
poppy nowis chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
oh i like the rhyming in this, because it works without being so obvious it seems forced, something i can never do S anyway lovely use of vocabulary
Anathwin Alyosius chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Wow how poetic you are! That was so sureal...all I could do was continue reading after the first line. Keep up the good work.

By the way one thing did stand out to me though:

"And he of taste, of redolence so sweet"

Do you mean:

"And (the) of taste, of redolence so sweet"

Just thought i would mention that one.
The Wingless Raven chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Wow... that was extremely overwhelming to read, and I've come away from it feeling rather dizzy.

I'm not sure quite how to explain what I mean by that.

I would've left you a signed review, but it keeps telling me that I have to login to access the login page (They made it act like a retard).

If I can find this again once I can sign in, I'll leave you a signed review.
Lizzybelle Kay chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
You are a very talented writer. Great word choices.