Reviews for dahlia
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I love short, moving poetry! This was beautiful.

Just 5 simple lines and you managed to convey a whole lot. I applaud you!

I would love opinions from a talented writer like yourself on my work! It would mean a lot.
Kneecap chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
It was nice, but it really was too short. There's a rather broad line between leaving things to the reader's imagination, and just not telling enough, and this fell into the latter. I loved the imagery, but whatever message you were trying to convey was totally lost on me D:

Too vague.
XxVendettxX chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
few can convey so much in such few words. Your style is concise and effective...really amazing
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
I like how you manage to use so few words to give such a strong impression. Every line added more dimension to the poem and the imagery really sticks in my mind.
dystopia chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
I got a whirlwind of images from this. It's so short but so full.
notthecreepyfatguy chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Even though its short, its really good!
lessons you learn chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
i love how you have the power to put so much emotion into so few words. gorgeous, darling.
Eboniccinderella chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
This poem makes me sad because not only do I think of the Black Dahlia, but I think of someone leaving the woman who loves him/her with all her heart and all her sould and all her being.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
You always have this little girl lost, baby-doll feel to your work.

Juliet.
this young lady chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
you can paint such a strong image with hardly any ! I can't do this.I am sad.:[.

Lol really,your writing is beautiful.
i brake for franzy chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
This poem paints such a melancholy picture...but yet, so beautiful. I love the picture of the broken doll and the phrase "lipstick noose"...you have such macabre-yet-stunning descriptions in your poetry. I can't forget that ending line, either. In a word: amazement. Please, don't stop writing.

c&l
give me back my childhood chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
"lipstick noose"; that is such pretty/harsh picture. but I love it all the same. a short poem that paints a world of imagery, gorgeous. (:
teh tarik chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
your words were just exquisite and carefully single line just stood out. this is going to my favs.
synapse collapse chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
I admit I'm a horrible person for not reviewing and being gone for just about forever. ;_; Betchu don't remember me anymore. xP

Anyway, this made me shiver. You have such a wonderful way with words. I can see it in my head: "a broken doll on the sidewalk"

And the words. Gorgeous.
eldrin chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Absolutely stunning. "Lipstick noose" and "she cooed" are so perfect for what you have and work with "broken doll" to bring in that tragic element. That last line is just. so. right.

Favorite.