Reviews for How to Write a Summary
Alex 'Nix' Boston chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
I had a bad habit of using redundant statements. This was very helpful. Thanks!
StarryCat chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
This is great! Thanks!
Lily is Wholocked chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This is the only story I can find of yours and it seems really interesting! I was wondering if there was anyway of reading the rest of your fictions?
Mia52 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Thank you so much for the tips on writing better summaries. It really helped a lot. :)
RoadLessTraveledBy chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Hehehe, so I suck at writing summaries but not badly enough that I actually write that in the summary. Thanks for the tips though, trying to rewrite the summary for m story and this helped.

Shine on,

Fase
Raffleberry chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Thanks for sharing. this is very helpful for me as a beginner. ;)
Odalisquia chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Finally, a sign that I'm not just being picky when I refuse to read a story with a bad summary!

This was a great How To :) Fresh and witty and fun, but really helpful and informative too. If only I had read this back in my middle-school-fanfiction days.

I especially loved the point about "Startling Statements". Definitely going to use that with my next story!

Anyway, thanks for writing this! Great job.
broken.hearted.girl14 chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
thanks for writing this! very helpful informative :)

i will definitely come back here when i'm writing my own summaries.

great job! :)
Violet Thelaw chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Thanks for writing this! It helps a lot :)
SecretAgent99 chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
This was certainly very helpfull. You did a good job with this. :) -favorites-
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
I have enjoyed reading this essay. I love all sorts of summaries, though I know some people who cannot stand quotes or rhetorical questions. Haha, I feel that these people can be quite fussy. ;)
chocolateandbananas chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
I definitely agree with the part about not putting up

"i suck at summaries."

I keep on coming across summaries that have those in, and they seriously bug me for some reason.

Oh, and thank you for the tips. I learned a little bit more from them, so thank you for that.

I pretty much have trouble with writing my own summaries, so thanks again for writing this :)
raiseyourweapon chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
damn, thank you so much. i made loads of errors in my fanfics. :\ so thank you for this oh-so-glorious tip. (:
018108 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Nicely put.

I'm not necessarily the type to go into writers block mode I'm just lazy by nature lol. But thanks for the tip. To be honest I can generally write a fair summary but I seem to be having a bitch time writing one at the moment. So will definitely use a few of your pointers :D

ChimDee
Ravina chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
How did I NOT read this before? I must have skipped over it when I stalked your profile...

Very nicely written, and I greatly agree with #3!

Hope all is well,