Reviews for Why must people suffer!
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
this was one of the most well written essays that I've ever seen. Your passion to the subject matter is clear. It was a great essay.
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Hey,

I really liked this. I have written a story called Fallen Sanctuary, and it also questions everything about religion. God is an angry character who abuses the corrupt angels that sit below him in Heaven. I really belive that God is an inactive character who watches us meet our own fates. (My little religious tirade for the day). I do not have a mental handicap (besides my mild dislexia) but I can connect with those feelings. I don't know why.

I hope that you are doing well.

Thinking of you as always,

Lady Alera Van Hexis

*hug hug hug* (sending hugs across the ocean to Norway) *hug*
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
This piece brought tears to my eyes. I have no idea what its like to go through what you've gone through, and I don't know what its like to have such a complete feeling of hopelessness because I'll always have God standing with me. I know that I can get through anything with Him, and I don't know where I'd be in this world without him, but He has a reason for everything. Have you asked? Have you really asked God why? Because He'll give you answers if only you ask. I believe the reason people suffer is so there can be compassion and so God can show you that He really is there. But He won't show up if you don't ask Him. I've seen miracles happen, and I know that if its God's will, He'll do a miracle. But you have to ask. My best friend's brother, who is the closest thing I have to an older brother, is in his very early 20's and last August he was playing soccer with his friends at college, and he collapsed on the field. He was in a coma, but now he's in a vegetative state. But God's doing a miracle in him. And he's beginning to heal him. The doctors didn't think that he'd live. But he is. And he's touched me and so many other people. That's another reason I believe people suffer. So that they can touch other people and bring hope to them. I hope I haven't offended you, and if I have, that's okay. Because I feel I need to share this with you. I'm going to pray for you, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for. )
little-chibi-girl chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
hmm, I find that very interesting that you have that kind of opinion and yet read my stuff. I respect that, though, and I respect your opinion. It looks like you had a few Christians who stated their opinion. I have my own opinions as well and I will PM you with them if you like, otherwise I will stick to just commenting on the form of the opinion piece

* I did not find this at all offensive, good job on using real, and mature words to express yourself, it will help you gain more respect.

* although you had some good points, I wouldn't really call this an article or anything, more just a collection of thoughts, which I'm sure is what you intended it to be.

* I saw a few grammar mistakes, but I'm not good with that so...yeah

* the sentence "Even if I had been born a believer, for example in Christianity… " is your one flaw. I don't know how much you know about Christianity but I do know that I believe that you cannot be "born" a Christian, that is not what taught in the bible. perhaps you got confused with "born again Christian"

Overall I think you did an awesome job of expressing yourself without being over judgmental or bitter
Sarah Supernova chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I agree with you completely. That's actually part of the reason I think Christianity is really screwed up.
sweets555 chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
i dont like i could agree with you more. This reminds me alot of my mom, and after she got sick then my feelings began to change more like these. Im glad that someone finally found a way to put it that didnt sound all i-hate-god-satanistic-ish, if that makes any sense
Sophia Victoria chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
That just tugged my heart out. I have also physically challenged friends and I would always hang out with them. I even think that they have more potential than those people who have none but kept on bullying them. This is a very good revelation to today's damned society.

Great Work there!

*dark*
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Well, I suppose a theist might say that God created the world, but he did not create the concept of "fair". That is something that we came up with on our own and imposed upon ourselves. You're angry because you don't like your lot, deeming it "unfair". God's role was to give us this world and make of it what we will. God did not define being able to move freely as "Good", we did. Your life, your presence here on earth, your conscious thought, were God's gifts to you. It is entirely up to you to make of them what you will. Keep in mind, though, that I don't belive in God, so it's a bit awkward for me to make these arguments. Basically what I'm saying is that it isn't God who lets us "suffer", it is instead we who define ourselves to be suffering. Very nice essay in any event, I always value reading another persons perspective on any issue, and you delivered yours well.
a-random-writer chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
i couldnt agree more with your conclusion. i used to work with a girl that was physically handicapped and as therapy, she would ride a horse every thursday. she had been improving and then all of a sudden, her condition worsened. is that the "will of god"? anyway, i really believe you hit the nail on the head with this essay.
seventhchords chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
Hey there. I liked the way you presented your feelings; in a thoughtful and calm manner, without slamming religions like the way many people today do. I, personally, am a believer of Christ. I was raised in a Christian family, and when I first headed into adolescence, I questioned and doubted God just like you do. But then, after a while, I realised why. People usually can't understand why we all have to suffer. And yes, I can understand how unfair or unjust it feels sometimes, when you see people suffering in war and poverty in Iraq, Afghanistan, and so many other places. And the thing is, believe it or not, God understands, too. You see, God is a perfect God, and we are sinners; unrighteous and totally unworthy of Him. But God loves us, and saw that sin had to be eradicated, for it was the cause of all unhappiness, despair, and problems you see in the world today. Indeed, He would be an irresponsible Creator if He simply made us and left us on our own. But the truth is, He didn't. He understood all our suffering, and no one can question that, because He Himself came down to earth to live like one of us. He lived a blameless life, but endured the most horrible death through being flogged and later crucified on the cross. If someone had a right to feel that life was unfair, it was Him. God died for us, that sin might finally be defeated, and we might be freed from it. So yes, many people find it hard to believe that a God exists with all the problems the world has gotten itself into. What we fail to see is that we ourselves are responsible for the hurt and pain in the world and that, in all honesty, we deserve death and judgment for our sinful acts. That is why the world is totally screwed up today. The world could've been perfect and free of all these things, if not for sin. Which brings me back to my point, that God isn't some high being that is ignorant of us puny earthlings. Truth is, He does indeed love each and everyone of us, and is very much concerned with our affairs.

This is merely my personal opinion, and I've tried to bring it as fair and as presentable as I possibly could. So forgive me if I've caused any offense by this; I just hope this answers some of your questions pertaining to this matter.
Sibilantae chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
I think that's a very interesting article, and i admire you for not degenerating into hopeless babble. I personally am a Christian believer - i believe that: if there were no bad things in the world, then it would be perfect, right? That means that no one would be bad, and (from a Christian point of view) that would mean everyone would be perfect Christians, because God made us so. That would mean we were zombies to God. If you were the creator of a world, would you want everything to be zombielike, in its devotion to you? If you were a good and gracious God, you would In my opinion, the same applies to every aspect of nature, in a different corresponding form to each case.

But thank you! for being candid without offence. I personally have thought about it for a long time, and my answer is, in short, that which I have written above, although a bit more could be said, I suppose.