Reviews for My Shadow and Me
acousticbruises chapter 4 . 2/26/2008
Lovely again, yet again I have a slight critique. I thought that this story was only taking place so far in the time frame of two days, yet Mark has already taken a test?
acousticbruises chapter 3 . 2/26/2008
This was cute! I have a concern though, as to Daniel's character... he was first shown as someone rather tentative or at least new to making friendships yet he was not very object to sharing a private phone call with people he did not know very well. It almost feels like there should be one more buffer chapter. Guilty as charged though, I'm a hypocrit in that resepect to an extent...

Ramble ramble ramble.
acousticbruises chapter 2 . 2/26/2008
sorry, I would have gotten further in your story yesterday, but fictionpress would not let me press a review and I saw no reason why I should continue without doing so P

jaja! your character Alex reminds me A LOT of a character in one of my other stories _
acousticbruises chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Wow... this is brilliant, I mean it! And from one non-native English speaker to another, I promise you that your English is well! D

*goes to make a cup of tea to read with this*

Helena Emma
Jak Refynae chapter 21 . 2/3/2008
Well, well, well...three very deep subjects...

This was faery dust brilliant. I liked pretty much everything, not much to complain about. Very realistic. Except for the parents paying for everything, lol. *picks at pennies, wondering where next meal will come from*

ALTHOUGH...i may be the only one here...*looks from side to side*..but I LIKED Michael. Not that I liked the things he did, but to me, he seemed like a tearing soul who was abandoned when he could have been helped.

He LOVED Daniel, somewhere in his heart and he WANTED things to work out, and somewhere deep down, he wanted to be ABLE to accept - even if he couldnt - that his love was unrequited and maybe he could have moved on, fallin in love agian, if only someone was willing to see past the desperate front of bastardness he showed the world! *takes breath* *wow*

In fact, I think that underneath all of his dominant, controlling posessiveness he was simply desperate to be cared for, and didnt have enough self esteem to beleive someone would without him having to pry it from their hearts like so much lead.

It probably would have been good for him to have someone older to care for him, who could be strong and firm in making him beleive he was beautiful as himself, without shadows and barriers and fake facades and emotional crutches like alcohol and marijuana. Without Daniel, who he thought of as the better side of himself who he could never live up to, and therefore must be WITH to be.

*looks back at all the type up there...* O.O Weow...okies then! May he find a mate in purgatory.

Great story BTW! :D
xbloodycuntx chapter 21 . 2/2/2008
FUCKIN A I had to log in to do this, look what you made me do... *sad face* Well anyways, holy shit this story was (is) amazing. It's so god damn realistic, and I can't stress how relieved I am to finally find a tale about twincest that wasn't written for the sole sake of some little horny preteen drooling their heart out. There was actually a purpose WOOT! Not that drooling our hearts out is a bad thing...at all...but still, fuck I'm rambling...anyways, well done and all that shit ] BYES
Lexy-Kun chapter 11 . 11/22/2007
Okay, I love them again. The way Chris realised it, went to meet Daniel and kiss him gently on the cheek was really cute, sweet enough to calm my anger. You soothed me. "I stopped being your shadow! And that's when you became mine." I love this line! *rooting for I-stand-up-for-myself-Daniel* Bye bye, Michael, we won't miss you.
Lexy-Kun chapter 10 . 11/22/2007
Fuck ! How could they be so stupid? I mean, it's so obvious that it was Michael they just joined! How can't they make the difference? You know, I hate them all right now. "Ils sont grave !" like you'll said in French. No real translation here, maybe something like "They're too much!" but that seems weak, comparativly. Anyway, I'm furious, and off to read more, hoping that those thickheads would open their eyes.

Yes, I still like your story. Even if your characters are really, really infuriating on that one. Hurting poor Daniel so much, when they pretend to know and love him! Oh well, here I am, bitching again. See ya then !
Lexy-Kun chapter 8 . 11/22/2007
Hey ! As you've probably guessed, seeing that I'm reviewing chapter 8, I've been reading your story for most of the evening, so I thought I must drop of a little word.

So, I've known since chapter I that Michael was Daniel's twin, I've suspected that there was some history of sexual harassment between them a long time ago, had confirmation chapter 6 that Daniel's boyfriend and his twin were the same person, and again everything confirmed in chapter 8.

But I don't mind guessing all that before you revel it to us, though, because I love your characters and the way you write. I don't know if you'll be disappointed to hear this or not, but it sounds really "British" to me, and I actually love that a lot (even if the story takes place in the United States). I may not be a good judge on that field, seeing that I'm French, but well...anyway.

I really love the way you introduce the subject of twincest in their conversation, it seems really natural and not deliberate at all. You make me laugh a lot, ache for the characters, but also... worry a huge lot for Alex ! What's he doing? Somebody has got to understand that he really isn't feeling well! The way he's drowning himself in sex is just a way of showing how desperate he feels.

But well, there's someone even more desperate than him, right? So, Daniel... his reflexions on twincest sounds really true too, really believable, and the "I can't hurt... his family" is also really realistic.

In all this, Amber brings all the cheer... and glitters, with her cool, composed, tolerant and kind boyfriend...even if he should have known better than forcing Daniel to answer his question.

Well, so, I'm off to read more. Thanks for this story, I'm enjoying it so far!
Lumaria Faye chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
I like it -
Liviania chapter 21 . 8/2/2007
I've just finished this excellent story. You've got angst, and chaos, and all sorts of bad and wonderful mixed together. (Bad things, not bad writing.)

You wanted this set in America, so I noticed at least one large mistake: Boxing Day isn't celebrated in the US. Also, you used 'favourite' instead of 'favorite' once that I noticed. (British spellings tend to slip by me now that I've been reading more British literature.) A small thing I would point out is Daniel taking the train. Hardly anyone rides trains, and I'm pretty sure it's not all that cheap. A runaway would usually take the Greyhound (bus).

Livi
CV chapter 21 . 7/9/2007
Ok one word...fabulous...I cound't stop and when i really had to, I just waited until i would read again...seriously it was good and hope you keep writing...i haven't looked yet but if you have started on those other stories that you metioned at the end of the last chapter then i will definatly read them.

Peace
Draccy chapter 21 . 6/12/2007
We! That was great! I loved it, and I'm so glad that Chris and Daniel are together. I think Daniel realizes now the path he has to follow to heal his scars. It would be interesting to in the sequel if he is over he aversion to mirrors yet (or did we already resolve that and I wasn't paying attention?) Well, I gotta run, sorry for the short review, but that was a great last chapter, and I can't wait for the sequels!

PS: Good luck on your exams!
Mewenn chapter 21 . 6/11/2007
I liked the chaotic end. and the closet idea wasn't too bad, coming from Amber and Alex I would even dare say it wasn't that surprising. Good work on this one too. Thanks a lot.
Ki chapter 21 . 6/10/2007
D

CURSES BE TO EXAMS.

also I love Amber. And Mark. And Alex. Giggled fairly non-stop through this.

"If you ever want to have a threesome-"

xD

YES. WELL. IT ARE FINISHED NOW. D: CUE MASSIVE GAP IN MY INTERNET - THINGS.

I have probably mentioned before that I love this story to death. I also love the ending to death, with the exception of the fact that IT'S THE ENDING. D:

... but there are sequels to look forward to so it is alright I suppose.
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »