Reviews for Seen and Unseeing
Aella88 chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Beautiful! I like how you painted the picture of the woman walking hunched as if under a heavy burden. The line "down she will fall, spirit and all" reminds me of the nursery rhyme ring around the rosies making it seem as if anyone could be that woman, even a child...it makes it seem as if hiding beneath a mock innocence. When it says "her head is yanked down at parallels with the ground" it makes me think of the movie Black Beauty and that harness she amde them wear, viciously yanking their head at a harsh angle. It also brings to mind Ginger's fate. I loved how you called her a renegade marionette and the string called cynicism. I just wrote a poem about a marionette, and so the image is even more clarified. Your ending is sostartling, I love it. When it says "sightless eyes" it makes me think of a lot of things. Death. Blindness. Empty eye sockets. It leaves me unsure as to exactly what you mean, and so many things flicker through my mind making me think it out myself. It makes you wonder if she really is still there as she thinks she is.
criti-sized chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Though this was short, the vague things in it made it extremely nice. The idea of what this woman went through to make her the way she is still lingers in the stroy even at the end.
Rosemarine chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Deep. Really. You actually have to think in order to get down to what is being said here. Excellent little piece.

You say you return reviews. It would really make my day if you could check out 'Upon the Rock' and tell me what you get out of it.