Reviews for A Light in the Dark
CaveDwellers chapter 16 . 11/7/2007
sorry for the lateness. I've been avoiding my email.

The constant description of Karina's grandmother was, to put it frankly, redundant. You said that they were similar once, you do not need to describe the fact that she's short and wrinkly and looks like Karina more than that. Having Karina be weirded-out by it is perfectly understandable, I'm not saying that, but you don't need to mention the color of her eyes three times in a row to make a point.

Continuing, Gregoria certainly did give a new meanign to bipolar. And yeah, the explaination made sense, now that I'm looking back. A bit cliche, but whatever. We all need a little cliche every now and then. Looking forward to the next chapter.

'Til next,

CD 1.0
KabobGirl chapter 16 . 11/3/2007
You're mean, Green!

Poor Niki, I feel for you NIX!

BTW, Nikster, why do you worship at Green's feet? Have a little dignity...why do you grovel before this...this...pathetic, egotistical creature!

And why do you pretend to like this story, huh? What's so good about it...silly "fans"...all they see is a hot, perverted vampire!...SICK!
ShadeOfNyx chapter 16 . 11/3/2007
Wait a sec! There IS logic in there!

What? You don't believe me? Fine!

Okay, look at it: Lady Gregoria, who claims to be Karina's grandmother, married a mortal, resulting in a vampere (Gregor D'Lubhart), who then married (or, shall we say, associated with) Pamela Andersen, who then produced Karina. So, I think it would be safe to say that Karina is one-fourth vampire, which I think is what you're implying. But then, that would mean that Karina's half-vampere, right? I mean, since Gregor is a vampere, and since Pamela was a mortal, it would only make sense. So, considering that Karina IS in fact, half-vampere, she would occasionally get the urge to drink blood from people, right? Just not as much, since she's not fully vampere. But she still has vampere blood. But she's able to control her desire to suck blood, which also hints at the fact that fact that she's given up Vamperism. So ha!

THERE IS LOGIC IN THAT!

'Blood never lies,' eh? The irony of that statement...

Um... in my opinion, Lady Gregoria is senile.

The last part does make sense, though... in a weird way...

OMGWTFBBQ! YOU ACTUALLY CAME UP WITH SOMETHING LOGICAL!

*dies*

*ressurects*

Ha! At last, I have truimphed! Damien, for once, has not appeared in one of my-

Damien: Peek-a-boo.

ShadeOfNyx: *seethes*

Me and my big mouth.

Yeah, whatevs. Update.
KabobGirl chapter 14 . 10/27/2007
Ooh, in Chapter 15, I'm really liking Jennina's character change!
KabobGirl chapter 15 . 10/27/2007
It seems a lot like Twilight, with a few tweaks and a major plot change, but other than that, it's pretty much like the Twilight Saga.
witchwriter chapter 15 . 10/18/2007
It may be just me but I've completely lost track of what's going on. I mean I understand Karina, Synne, Molenna, and Damien bet the rest of it is a little foggy. could you elaberate a little please?evil.
CaveDwellers chapter 15 . 9/30/2007
Lovely. Glad to see that Jennina's finally come into the picture. In a creepy and sort of odd way, to be sure, but finally come in and that's cool. I loved her perspective in comparison to Karina's.

Ah, I think that Karina's in denial~! I thought that it was a bit ...cliche, I suppose, to suggest that Synne and Mollenna like each other -hopefully it's not true.

Strange, how Lady Rosnenn was in the gardens the same time Karina was, and then how Karina got suddenly attacked. I doubt that that is merely coincidence, but we shall see.

Personally, I think that Lady Rosnenn's inner monologue was a tad rhetorical, but that may not mean anything. (Shrugs) good chapter, glad to hear from you again.

'Til next,

CD 1.0
ShadeOfNyx chapter 15 . 9/29/2007
Darn you for not letting me say anything.

Okay... this chapter was... perverted, I'll give you that.

Don't you dare lay a hand on my keyboard.

Darn you evena more!

Stop doing thaT!

en dghf

God, I hate you.

-TheSkyIsGreen does not take criticism lightly. You idjit of doom.-

Take it darkly, then.

-Fine, be that way.-

w/e
pockets are my friends chapter 14 . 8/31/2007
It was confusing at first... well, it still is, kind of. I like the characters Mollena, Synne, and surprisingly, Lady Rosnenn. Can't say the same for Sirrah or Damien or Karina (though the last two are supposed to be the main characters, no?). Anyway, great story so far, quite original in various parts. Do update soon.
atreyu love chapter 14 . 8/14/2007
I dont like Sirrah.

and i cant believe he would fall

for Mollenna's twin sister who

is OBVIOUSLY evil. lol. haha.

Penn seems ugly. Rosena (SP?) seems

ugly. and damien and karina

are kinda gone from the story.. for now?

they havent been there for awhile now XD lol

PLEASE UPDATE!
atreyu love chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
i love vampires :)
witchwriter chapter 14 . 8/8/2007
Have you ever read Wicked by Gregory Maguire? In it the wicked witch of the east was named Nessy (short for Nessarose) and her sister, the W. the West, was named Elphaba. just thought you might of. can't wait for the next . w.w.
CaveDwellers chapter 14 . 8/4/2007
Well, if this doesn't make things interesting, i don't know what does. Wonderful chapter -i apoligize for taking so long to comment.

My current views: Sirrah's an idiot, Synne's a bad liar, Penn probably won't be able to go through with her plans for Mollenna, Karina likes Damien, and Damien's lost his importance (though he doesn't seem to mind), and the girl that's with the Darkness doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.

My only suggestion is that you italisize and accent your words less. It's almost as if you're trying to force your readers to hear the narration and dialog in their heads JUST so, and it makes them feel a little miffed. I suggest that you accent words less and leave the possibility of accent-tation to the reader's interpretation of the text. However, i'm not saying that you should delete the accent-tation entirely, but it would make the words a bit less... how to put it (i've had the same problem) ...forced, if you toned it down a little.
Nyx chapter 14 . 8/2/2007
Somehow, I can't imagine Damien shrugging. Strange.

'D-damien...'

*Gasp* Can it be? Has the almighty (koff koff) Ms. Author Madame made a TYPO? *faint*

Hehehehe, the disgusting romance novel part made me laugh.

Aww, Synnie-winnie likes Molly... so sweet...

Is 'twyn' meant to be spelled that way?

Helen of Toy, eh? Synne's gotta study more.

'Justice Mortia?' Is she a member of the Peace of Death or something? I mean, seriously, Mortia...

'Herculean...' another reference to Greek mythology, I see.

*Gasp and swagger* Y-y-y-y-y...

You have WRITERS' BLOCK?

NO! The world is coming to an end! Earth, Serth, Yorenshia and all that jazz is disappearing! Zeus spare us all...

Do you need ideas?
SilentWhisperWolf chapter 14 . 7/27/2007
lol, nice metaphor! By the way, what does 'Je suis sérieux.' mean? And 'Fais attention.' you put numbers next to them, but you didn't say waht they were... anywayz, nice chapter! Lots of references to immortal Magic or whatever here. Hope you manage to pull some more words out of that dry, waterless well and udpate again! _
132 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »