Reviews for A Light in the Dark
Lady of Confusion chapter 14 . 7/26/2007
its great update soon!
hotaru89 chapter 14 . 7/25/2007
*squeels in delight*

Triple chocolate chip brownies? For me? Ah I feel so loved!

_

Ooh...so we hearing more about Mollenna and Synn, hmm they both have interesting problems don't they, I hope to hear more of them soon!. and once again a Wonderful chapter, I can't wait for more KarinaXDamien! -_- Please update realy soon, I;m realy looking forwards to more, because I REALLY like-love- this story! heheheheh...

Ahh 100! Congratulations, and I feel so special!
hotaru89 chapter 13 . 7/24/2007
This is such a great story so far, I really, really like it! And I love the characters, very good job! Please keep up the wonderful work and update soon, I'm really looking forwards to the next chapter and I simply cannot wait!
WonderGurlEneth chapter 13 . 7/15/2007
wow...this story is so awesome!

i'm so mad that u haven't updated it lately...

cuz it's so wonderful!

u r 1 of the best authors on fictionpress

U ROCK!
Nyx chapter 13 . 7/10/2007
Ah, yes. An update. Finally.

(cue frantic scoldings, with curses to follow)

WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU? WHY DIDN'T YOU UPDATE SOONER? I DON'T CARE IF THE FRIGGIN' (ahem, to all the readers reading this, please pardon my language) INTERNET WASN'T WORKING FOR YOU, YOU COULD'VE EMAILED THE CHAPTER TO YOURSELF AND THEN HAVE POSTED IT UP AT THE LIBRARY! STUPID MUCH?

AND WHAT THE HELL (again, pardon the language, all you readers out there) DO YOU MEAN, 'ONLY TWO MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT?' SCHOOL IS OVER!

Anyways, now for my REAL review:

Hmm, Lady Rosnenn reminds me of someone... you, in particular.

JK, but you really expect HER to seduce DAMIEN? Are you mad?

Scratch that. I know you're mad.

ARE YOU INSANE?

Wait. Why am I asking you questions when I already know the answers to them?

Damien: You're like that; what do you expect?

Nyx: ARGH! I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! SOMEONE GET ME A MACHINE GUN!

Random servant: *hands Nyx the vile instrument*

Nyx: Yes, thank you. Now... DIE, DAMIEN, DIE!

-faraway, the faint sound of a cannon firing can be heard as Nyx fires the machine gun at Damian-

Nyx: Muahahaha! I have triumphed.

Damien: *yawns* Ho-hum. You amuse me.

Nyx: ARGH! WHY ISN'T HE DEAD?

Damien: *quirks eyebrow* Is that supposed to imply that I'm actually ALIVE?

Nyx: . . . You're dead?

Damien: I'm a vampire, what do you expect? Oh, and you spelled my name wrong.

Nyx: Where?

Damien: When you fired the machine gun at me. Look: 'faraway, the faint sound of a cannon firing can be heard as Nyx fires the machine gun at Damian'

Nyx: . . . So?

Damien: . . . . . . . . . Ah! My Karina awakes! Farewell to you, if you will.

Nyx: . . .

Damien: *opens portal*

-exit Damien-

Nyx: Ah, finally! Now, where was I?

Sirrah loves Tirana, Sirrah loves Tirana...

They should both die.

'...who has been like a light to him in his dark tunnel?'

I see some definite resemblance to the title (of the story) now.

'"It all started one summer morning..."'

. . . You've got to be kidding me. That's one line I thought I'd NEVER read in this story. Still, at least you have the element of surprise.

Did that make any sense?

'"... will you Shade me?"'

Reminds me of Eragon. Weird.

Anyways, great chappie (I noticed it was ch. 13... Too bad. Nothing hauntingly terrifying happened in here. Shame), and I can't wait for more! Gosh, this must be a really long review. Oh well.

UPDATE asap!

-Nyx
I Quoth Nevermore chapter 13 . 7/7/2007
Finally, an update! But brilliant job. Love this! I hope you update soon!
CaveDwellers chapter 13 . 7/2/2007
Oh my, it has been a while, hasn't it? Glad to see you back in action.

This chapter was marvelous. I quite enjoyed how flustered and confused Sirrah was. He seems so sure, yet at the same time, he doesn't know right from left. I assume he'll to factor quite a bit more into the plot in the near future.

Lady Rosnenn is amusing, to be sure, but she seems so ...well, it's clear that her intentions aren't very friendly. She's a wonderful character, and i doubt i need to say more about her except that it would probably do her good to watch her back when it comes to her Servants. They're out to get her.

I am chomping at the bit to find out more of Mollenna. Despite everything, she sounds like she's got a strength in the endurance and perseverance field. Her sister sounds like a -excuse my French- bitch, and i'm beginning to wonder about these 'Angels'. They don't sound very angelic to me -more like a bunch of greedy politicians than anything.

Jennina is interesting, and i'm willing to bet that her story is really one that would be interesting to hear/tell. I'm still wondering how she's going to enter into the web everyone else has weaved, but i anticipate it to either be an explosion or completely unnoticeable.

Again, i feel compelled to compliment you on your ability to go into such distinct and individual perspectives. It's lovely, and shows so much talent.

And what a change in plot! From the beginning to now, you've been steadily widening the scope and making Karina, Damien and Synne (his section in this chapter was quite rhetorical, in my opinion. Very interesting) seem smaller and so much less important than they were the chapter before.

Now, for the one typo i found:

'To bash my father even more than already been bashed?'

I'm assuing you forgot the 'he has' (or other variations of the same) between 'than' and 'already'

And that's it -waiting for the next chapter with bated(?) breath.
kstar129 chapter 13 . 7/2/2007
Perfect!Make more SOON!Or else I shall send my evil spork minions ofdoom after you!
witchwriter chapter 13 . 7/2/2007
a great chapter. good job! evil
CaveDwellers chapter 12 . 6/2/2007
Sorry for the wait.

And it was only day ONE -shoots, coulda fooled me about that one. With the amount of stuff that's been going on, one could easily believe that it's only been a week -but no worries, dear. It's not a bad thing.

Anyways, I think that Sirrah is confused and doesn't have any idea what he wants or what his morals are -he's less of an angel than anyone would think he was, namely because he was 'corrupted' by greed. Sadly, i think that only Mollenna would see it that way because it seems that only she knows him like that. Personally, i think that he has yet to expose something about himself -be it his intentions, his past, or what part he'll play in the story, i'm not sure, but i think that he's a tad more than he seems.

Of course, i could always be dead wrong and all he could be is a confused, indecisive lad who doesn't know where to lay his loyalties because he's too young to have it figured out yet. Personally, in a lot of ways, i think he should get slapped, but that's when you look at his actions alone, and not his reasonings behind them.

As for Mollenna, she's had a lot of -'scuse my French- crap to deal with, but so far, i think she's handled it quite well. If i were her, i'd crack when someone offered a helping hand concerning a recent emotional wound. And about her past? What i read was very informative. However, it showed me just how little i knew about her and i want to know more. There're still a lot of holes in it that prevent my understanding of it, so to answer your question, it was a little bit of both.

As for Penn, i think that it was only natural for her to do that -she IS human, after all. But more importantly, she's got a heart, and in some ways, i don't think that she's afraid to show it. Very realistic.

I don't remember seeing any structure/spelling errors, which means that if there were any, then they weren't the kind anyone but a true nit-pick would notice. I'm rather looking forward to where the plot might lead -especially with that girl -can't remember her name right now- and the Darkness. Totally keeping me on my toes; i have no idea where this is headed -hopefully you do and aren't just pulling this out of your butt.

So yes, here's this chapter's review. Looking forward to the next one.
critic chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
"The cell phone, battered from falling, became silent as Raymond continued, panicked."

uhh? how can it be silent if raymond is still panicking
witchwriter chapter 12 . 5/28/2007
hmm... I like hot cocoa **fantasizes** but I uses flames to burn my report cards, can't have those getting home now can we? **smiles evilly** evil.
witchwriter chapter 11 . 5/28/2007
wel most of this stuff is pretty unexpected!evil.
somebody chapter 12 . 5/27/2007
uh, how could you be so cruel to mollenna! and wow, that was a strange act for penn. amazing chapter.
somebody chapter 11 . 5/27/2007
“No!”

But that exclamation was not convincing enough.

woah... that was intense...

what is with jennina?