Reviews for the art of poetic confession
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
yes. yes yes.

you get an idea,

and you trail off into a description of something

you've never experienced.

so relateable.
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
Gah! The rhyming scheme in this - it's perfect! And all the couplets... it's like a punch in the gut, they're so perfect. Gah! I loved it. The subject matter, as well. I know exactly what you mean. And I can relate to this, which is something hard to do with most poems. So it's amazing. Well done.

- Clap Trap, from Review Marathon [link in my profile]
hey maria chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
Oh, oh, me too!
myheartiswaypastbeating chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Interesting
Thenardier chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
I loved this a lot. It flows beautifully. And the last few lines were brilliant, especially the last two. Good job!
Unknown Anatomy chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
I really like this, the whole rhyming scheme worked really well. I thought you were brutally honest and i really liked the imagery you use.
these calories are killing me chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
For this moment, let's pretend my penname is 'the irony is killing me,' because it is. And I love it. My favorite part is how it's ironic, yet fitting. Confessions of lies (okay, not exactly lies, but that’s the term I’m going use), whilst exhibiting the symptoms of your lies.

It’s like one of those true/false statements, such as “I always lie and never tell the truth” where if you always lie, it’s true... and not a lie. But if you always tell the truth and the statement is false... you’re a liar. It goes in circles.

This is your confession, but if it’s true than what you wrote is fiction, which means it’s a lie, which means you told the truth. Circles.
Manju chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
great job! i can totally agree and relate with this poem. i love poetry that talks about writing in general. and this one does that exact thing except it also talks about the hidden messages and/or lessons in a written work. what u did makes writing poetry much more honorable and beautiful.
ten pts above average chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
wow I love the ending...
sidt4gurl chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Great rhyme and word choice plus I can relate to it~ I love it!