Reviews for A Second Glance
Lady Katreina chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
How hilarious! It is perfect, the shift "gasp" from formal latinate, flowy, idolizing language; and on to uglier subjects, old English, and condemnation. (attempting to whip out my English skills)

Obviously someone was confused! But if anyone has only taken that first glance, built up what he saw in his mind, then looked again I think he can relate. n.n

Thank you for writing and posting this poem, it is funny and cute.
blurrylights chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Excellently put. Nothing is as good as it seems at first. My apologies for that slight pessimism, but really, most of the time it is true...unfortunately. Your vocabulary leaves nothing to be desired, let me assure you. Your descriptions are vivid and enrapturing, and I throughly enjoyed this peace.

Okay, I just re-read my review, and I sound like a teacher, or British, or medieval, or something like that that I am not, so basically, I love this poem. Fantastic job. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your stuff, but I'm leaving the country tomorrow (sounds so dramatic right? like i'm in the mafia and never coming back) for 5 weeks, so it might take a while. But keep up the fantabulous work nevertheless. Bye! :)
Ivory Willow chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
That's a lesson anyone can use. Great Job
EnigmaInk chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Hmm...
sugarandspice91 chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
hehehe. cute. i can just imagine some kid in tights and a poofy hat prancing around with a harp and singing this...it has a kind of medevil, old english-y feel to it. sounds like something the court harp-player or whatever they call him would sing to amuse the king. and then the king would laugh and the court would star talking about all the ugly women theyve known and make degrading comments about them. and then the queen will bitchslap them all and go to her quarters in a queenly shell have the sexist king and jester burned at the stake and she'll take over the kingdom and soon the entire world will be run by women and there will be world peace! all because of your poem. imagine that.
Dust Cloud chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Lol. I just found that poem hilarious. It's sort of like a beauty-is-skin-deep thing, right? Anyway, it was a great poem, and very original. Nice job xD
Respect Is Sexy chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
I am afraid to ask where on earth that came from...