Reviews for Someone Free
thetabbykitteh chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Wow this is amazingly good.
Anna178 chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
Okay, so I've been meaning to thank you for an incredibly long time for your first and now second amazing review, but am just now getting around to it.

You have no idea how glad it makes me to know I have an effect on someone, or make you think. Or how much I appreciate the thought you put into analyzing what I write. Half the time I don't even know what I mean by the words that come out, so hearing about it from a different perspective really helps me figure out what I'm saying. After all I think must of it is how I feel wrapped up in different settings so I'm facing my own problems indirectly. After all, like you said, it would drive someone insane to really face their real selves and so our minds, in whatever warped way, try to keep that from happening.

Anyway...THANK YOU!

Now then, I don't really return the favor much though, eh? In reviews I have a hard time voicing what I think because I don't want to be wrong. But here goes.

"smiling before I learned to smirk" That was the first line that really jumped at me, because smiling is sincere in my mind where smirking isn't. A smile is a heartfelt sort of warm feeling, where a smirk is a more devious arrogent one. But in this world the second becomes more important, doesn't it? Those sort of feelings come first in a lot of cases, and I think you know I love the bitterness of that sort of situation. If any of that makes sense.

I see a lot of myself in this like how you say you see yourself in my writing. I suppose with how many people there are in this world you're going to find someone who shares a lot of your thoughts.

"I just wanted to somebody to not always see through me,

To only grasp what I continually pretended to be." This part has a pretty forward meaning to it, though one I like a lot. I think we all need people to believe we're as good as we want to be sometimes, huh? That goes back to how we want to lie to ourselves and trick ourselves we're more than we are. That's why we're defensive, especially to the things we somewhere know we are but don't want it brought to attention.

The whole fourth paragraph sums up a huge amount of thoughts I've had a I suppose voiced in my writings however vaguely. It give me the feeling of I can be okay if you hate me because I know someday I'll realize that I hate myself sort of thing, if that makes sense. I'm sure you can make sense of it.

There's a lot more. wow. This really has a lot of meaning in it, but one strong one which holds the rest together.

I'm not sure if the ending makes me feel like there's hope or something not quite so pure. Even if it is hope I suppose it's rather bitter. Even if being free from trying to be the best you can be, you can't ever be completely free from yourself. I think that freedom is a pretty limited and wavering feeling. So that's why I guess it's only a bitter hope or victory at the end of this in my mind.

Well then, now that I've counterattacked with my own long review, though I didn't say everything I could've, I want to say thank you once again. I wish you the best of luck in everything.

ANNA