Reviews for Marie Antoinette
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I confess an Ignorance of source material on this one. I know little of Marie Antoinette, not enough to get the true impact of this poem. That being said, it was still a nice little work and I enjoyed its wit. You do very well with short poems.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
not what I expceted from the title... even better than what I expected.. well done
Shostakovich chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
I read this through a few times, and I love the images you use to convey what 'we' do. I love how you almost unconsciously define the 'we' by adding your title, 'Marie Antoinette', which gives this a surreal quality, like the 'we' is the group of people who sit above the rest, like Marie Antoinette did. (Let them eat cake...) Also, I didn't like the three lines of 2 syllables (we are, we drift, we know) at first, but after rereading, I see that each is a culmination of what the lines above it say. Keep up the good work!

Lady A. Saint VII
polka dots and addictions chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
ooh, you've used some really nice wording in this, & i love the way you've put it together. I can honestly say i've neevr read anything that even vagely reminds me of this- i like your originality. Thanks for the review. Bex xx
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I had just written a report on her, and now I am reading this.

This is unbelievable.

Seriously; I'm in love with the first line. Oh, and every other line after that.

Particularly: "away, away, away from speakeasies and leace mememe!'s". Because it rhymed and flowed and, oh god, it was cute. So cute.

Wha! I wantwantwant this so bad; it is pretty and beautiful and amazing and, damnit, gah. Why can't I be THAT good?

Really; the poem flows awesomely and ws just written well. So, uh, yeah; love it.

- Noelle
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
i love this. sophisticated and refined. beautifully worded. keep writing :D
Jane Piper chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I like it. especially "classy, confronted and contained,

a past of roses,

we drift."

good work. (please review back)
The Melancholy Cocoa Bean chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
oo, very classy. i love this, its so pristine and clean yet bitter sweet underneath.

'a wine stain'

i love that line :D keep it up