Reviews for Winged
Poyo chapter 9 . 5/21/2009
*Gasp* Oh, no!

Sorry for the short review, I'm so excited to move on but I wanted to drop a few lines.

The moment they walked into her neighbor's house, I couldn't imagine what the image of a winged man would do to an old woman's heart. She's tough as nails!

Lucan is amazing, and Grace is really cool. There are so many possibilities with your story. Anything can happen with the plot, anything at all. With the introduction of Jynx, and the the turn of events leading to The Factory - anything is possible. I can only imagine what lies ahead.

It's exciting, and intoxicating.
Poyo chapter 7 . 5/21/2009
Well, I must admit - it's been a very long time since I've been so drawn to a plot. For a while nothing interested me, nothing outside of my own writing. Why? Because I couldn't find anything like my writing. I wanted wings! I wanted creatures! I wanted to find the one that would love the girl, and the girl who would gradually learn to accept him.

This is it.

You're so comfortable describing Lucan's wings to us readers, and its a welcome treat. So often do writers forget their own characters' qualities. I really like him, he's real. Imperfect, and almost innocent. Fear is shown in his eyes, and he still feels pain - but Lucan isn't weak.

He's pleasantly flawed, and that really brings out his character. He isn't Superman, he won't overpower his enemies - but he still stands to fight. I really like that.

The idea of Program New Species is remarkable. I haven't read the story, but a reader of mine referred me to a novel called "Maximun Ride." Which, after reading a short summary online, I found was about an experiment dealt of humans. Infused with bird DNA; some of hawks, eagels and even doves. I haven't read it as I said before, but I did read a small excert. The writing it geared toward younger readers - but I like your style.

Lyrical, detailed and very well composed.

Poyo chapter 5 . 5/21/2009
What a fantastic piece of work you've created! I've really enjoyed following Grace through her twists and turns, and everything feels so real. Your characters are in-depth and a wonderful splendor of personality and surreal air.

I'm glad to finally see Lucan outside of her memory. The reaction Grace had toward him was the most captivating. The way you write, with Grace's thoughts in mind, and simply orchestrate your dialogue is simply amazing.

It's not just reading a story, it's like living in it.
Poyo chapter 4 . 5/21/2009
I knew it. I could feel it when Brian simply walked away. She should have knocked before she left - she might have been able to save him.

Though Brian was only present in a couple chapters, I really did like his personality. Warming and often jovial, he was Grace's sentinel. Now I wonder what will become of Grace? Matt isn't likely to keep her around, and if he does - I'm sure he'll make her life a living Hell.

I'm eager for Lucan's return. Sounds like he's her only hope now.
Poyo chapter 3 . 5/21/2009
Another good chapter!

I must admit, although Brian was only introduced recently - I felt the pang of heartache when I learned he was leaving. Yes, it's great that he can start anew - but it felt like he was being ripped away from Grace. The connection those two share is believable and deep.

He loves her. He said he'd be there when she gets out, and all I can think about is - how will Lucan tie into this tangled web? Why would he save Grace, and where is he now? 10 months after the murder of her parents.

The thing I enjoy most about your story, is your placid writing technique. It's comfortable, yet still poetic and eloquent. There aren't too many numbing adjectives, but the few that you use are crisp and clean. Your plot is slowly unfolding, and easily understood.
Poyo chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
I have an affinity with winged beings.

I'm not calling them Angels, or Demons - but that's often what they are. Your story, the way it was written, reminded me of reading a poem. Lyrical and fluid, and it captured the girl's horrific thoughts perfectly. It was like truly reading through her mind's eye - experiencing everything all over again.

Of course, I'm unsure of what's really happening - but that's what you're aiming for, isn't it? I like where this is going.

Great job!
dabombticktick chapter 18 . 5/16/2009
Awesomely awesome

I must say

This was a GREAT story

Jada Writes chapter 18 . 4/17/2009
Fantastic story! I'm in love with your characters. I don't know if anyone as suggested this to you yet, but I think it would be really cool if you had a continuation of this story involving a love triangle between Grace, Lucan, and Brian.

Once again, great story, and keep writing :)
Xandrea chapter 18 . 3/30/2009
I absoultly loved this story it was amazing. You are an awesome writer. I cant wait to see what you write next. I'll be sure to check it out. This story really was awesome. I definitly enjoyed reading. :)
Alexandra Paige chapter 18 . 3/26/2009
Really awesome story! Loved the whole idea of winged people.

You're a great writer. Keep writing

loved it chapter 18 . 3/23/2009
really liked ur story and the characters they actually seemed to have a personality and you had a good plot line... !
Nollie Marie chapter 18 . 1/19/2009
Totally enjoyed the entire story. It was well written and I didn't want to leave my computer until the very end. I was trying to find the link to the pictures, but I think they were either taken down or suddenly disappeared. Still wonderful!
evelyn chapter 18 . 12/12/2008
DragonMistressandTamer chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
This story is amazing! I see that you have already written this before, but have gone back and edited it. I think it would be amazing if you were to write a sequel! I love your characters Grace and Lucan!
Lulu Stories chapter 11 . 11/7/2008
Wow i really love it I love the romance in it, it is just perfect and the idea is really good but i also think a sequel would be very good!

383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »