Reviews for Suburbs
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
As I venture back through your work, the intelligence and creativity remains but the ease of expression lessens slightly. You have great ideas in this one, as in all of your pieces, but they seem to a slight bit of trouble being articulated. The thoughts and ideas are still there and wonderful, they just don't come through as clear.

I reiterate, I enjoy your style and originality.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
I LOVE this description... awesome piece
give me back my childhood chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
to be honest, I couldn't really grasp the whole concept of this poem. but I'm pretty sure that's just me being dense. but for the parts I could comprehend, I really liked the imagery. because the very first line linked the "us" to sunshine (something happy) then the last line was "us" being evil. I thought that was a pretty cool irony. and I love love love the last stanza. so perfect. (:
classic violet chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
that fourth stanza left me with a hollow feeling in my stomach. marvelous. and that last line left such a lingering... keep writing!
impaled chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
i love your poetry ! you have this natural ability of just making the words flow, something i'll never have. i love the bit "a Berlin wall blocking/their dreams".

I'm going to read your other stuff now )
lackluster chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
i like the berlin wall analogy. and it's a very true poem as well. nicely done.
Shostakovich chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
This is really meaningful. (Sorry for my lame excuse for a descriptive word... Brain malfunctioning.) Deep, I think that's what I mean. I really love all the imagery and allusions you use. The second line of the first stanza is amazingly worded, and I love the second part of the first 'sentence' (stanzas 2-4). Your poem is a lovely work; keep it up!

Lady A. Saint VII