Reviews for The Matchmaker
Roxasfleur chapter 39 . 2/4
Though I dont really like the ending but i guess its alright
EuclidWriter chapter 39 . 1/17
You know, I've procrastinated studying for my midterms because I was hooked onto this story. Was it worth it? Right now, after finishing it, I say yes, pretty much. I absolutely love this story! Though it wasn't frickin' Harry Potter dipped in golden chocolate perfect, that doesn't matter. This story is still, very up there. God-Tier status if I would be so bold to say so myself.

If you're potential reader, browsing through reviews, (I did before taking the dive), to see whether you should read this or not, let me tell you: YES! Yes, it is hella cliche, but in a pretty good way. Trust me, unlike most of the other works on this site, the better parts of this story aren't all only in one place. Just because didn't witness the Second Coming of Christ in the first chapter, doesn't mean that the rest of the story is the same. The excellent parts (aside from the plentiful good ones), are scattered throughout. It's what keeps you hooked. There is no lull throughout this story. You'll be a few chapters in, and get to an extremely well done part. Over and over again. That makes all the difference between this story and others.

That's why "The Matchmaker" has 4,000 favorites (which I'm certain is why you're considered this), and the other story about "the yaoi (gay) high school junior boy superhero-by-night, dating Jesus himself", doesn't have 4,000 favorites. There's a VERY stark difference in quality between "The Matchmaker", and whatever hell I just conceived in my head (I hope it isn't real. If it is, I was NOT targeting your story, for your information).

Anyway. Criticisms? Yeah, I do have a few. But NOTHING that would make you even slightly want to skip this one over.

First, there are minor spelling mistakes. (Suspecting the Beta reader might not have been there 24/7). There were even 2-3 parts (out of 137,441 words, to give credit) that got me a bit lost. These are easily to be able to overlook though.

Next, I'll say it: This is hella cliche. I can bet you 100 dollars that half of y'all know what you're expecting from straight up reading the description. So let me tell you. Darien and Emma are gonna start off fighting. Then, slowly, they become friends. Next, they start becoming 'more'. Then, a fight. Makeup. One more fight, serrious make up time, then end.

Yep, that's it.

But let me tell you one thing. Cliche doesn't make it bad. You know what does? When it's executed improperly. And StormDancer executes this story very well. And sure, It might get a bit frustrating at times (Why are you always so mad all the time for no reason Darien?!), It makes sense. Remember, they're not reincarnated Jesus' perfect little angels for Pete's sake. They're human. They're imperfect teenagers. Sure, in unusual circumstances, but it applies. No matter how hard they try to be mature, they're not perfect adults. Each character has their own flaws. Darien has more, attributed to his background and how he was raised. Emma also has her's, though they're a bit harder to spot. They're there though. No matter how much it isn't obvious, they're similar more ways than one.

You grow attached to these characters. They're flaws, and attributes. You start to understand them, why they would do the things they do.

So for why are you still reading this? Read the story! 39 Chapters will pass by like a breeze, trust me. You won't notice it as you read through. Me, 9/10. That's a good score by the way. Any questions, just pass me a PM.

-EW
shadeofpurple chapter 16 . 12/13/2015
this story line is pretty inconsistent. darrien clearly knew that emma was lex's sister in the previous chapter but was still surprised in this one. like wtf.
Jordyn.Rhea chapter 38 . 12/10/2015
This story is literally my life. Thank you soo soo soo much for writing such an amazing story! 3
bluerose62 chapter 35 . 12/3/2015
"blood as her gown and tragedy as her diploma"
THIS LINE IS AMAZING. I finished the story and the whole thing is amazing
somersaultkick chapter 38 . 11/9/2015
I remembered reading this when I was still in highschool. One of the best stories that I have read.
CynicallySarcasticBluejay chapter 39 . 10/24/2015
Side-note, I stayed up until 05:07 reading this. It was that good.

-Cynically Sarcastic Bluejay
CynicallySarcasticBluejay chapter 38 . 10/24/2015
This is such a great piece of literature. Easily one of my favourite stories ever, including big-name series like Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings.
Have you ever considered trying to get this published? If you do a bit of editing to it (there are a few slight mishaps where your fingers slipped on the keys), I'm sure you could find a publisher.
And by the Gods, would I love to own a paperback copy of this.

A fantastic read, enthralling story, and one hell of a book.

-Cynically Sarcastic Bluejay
Guest chapter 39 . 9/23/2015
You're a really good writer. Keep doing what you're doing and I have no doubt that you will make it unto the shelves of a bookstore someday. I absolutely love your story! It's the best that I've read so far. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
Locker 420? I'm curious if you've ever gotten weed jokes before...
Colie Rae chapter 38 . 7/30/2015
Wow. I absolutely love this story! You did an amazing job. The characters are all so individual and recognizable by their voices. I loved the split between Emma and Darien's POV. It was smooth and consistently shared the spotlight that it made for great transitions. I spent the last few days reading the story and already I want to go back and start from the beginning and soak in new details. The hospital chapter in which Emma is not fully grasping what is happening around her was incredible-it was so different than the rest of the story that it showed a whole new side of your writing but still stayed true to Emma. The story is also so time relevant without any mention of popular movies or bands, etc; the only thing that dates it is flip phones. Really impressive job. Thanks for writing and sharing your work!
Anne578 chapter 18 . 7/10/2015
"whoa re" - "who are"
Anne578 chapter 16 . 7/10/2015
"at east in part" - "at least in part" / "was if she was" - "what if she was" (here I'm not really sure) / "... when I agve you" - "gave"
Anne578 chapter 15 . 7/10/2015
"dieing" - "dying"
Anne578 chapter 12 . 7/10/2015
"would f thea had to stay" - "if"
Really sorry ... I'm correcting a non-fiction work of mine since 1 1/2 years and so I'm a bit attuned to finding spelling errors :'D
Love your story, it's nothing new storywise but you write it really good and the character interactions are very funny.
3,462 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »