Reviews for The Matchmaker
Aera the Ninja chapter 39 . 7/22
Found this recently and just wanted to let you know that it was an amazing read! I really enjoyed the plot and the writing style. Great job!
DepthsofInfinity chapter 39 . 6/26
I LOVED this story. It was original, romantic, and funny. The only suggesting I have (if you decide to do anything with it) is to make it shorter. There were some unnecessary sub-plots and at some points it seemed to drag on and lose my interest. Otherwise I loved it.
LiveAndHope chapter 39 . 6/22
I'm not going to lie, I am extremely late when it comes to reading and reviewing this story! I started reading this and I was so engrossed that I didn't stop until I hit the last 'chapter' that was the author's note.
I'll be honest and say that I was procrastinating (I should have been reading papers for my degree, but that's besides the point). This story was perfect for me. Emma and Darien's dynamic was everything, I could't wait for their next little bickering session. I even loved the supporting characters, but Troy was my favourite and I would have liked to see more of him, but nevertheless, I enjoyed his presence in the chapters he was in.
I have no constructive criticism, the writing flowed so well and I enjoyed seeing Emma and Darien's POVs.
A huge well done to StormDancer for writing this piece, I admit that you almost made me cry with Allan's/Lex's close encounter at the end.
Although, I did notice that there was a difference in the Matchmaker's locker number? In the description and the start of the story it says 420 but then in Epilogue it says locker 142? But maybe I missed something along the way (it's possible, I was so eager to read what happened next).
So, after this substantial (ish) review, I loved this story and I've added it to my favourites! Sorry I was late, but I offer huge praises to the writer :)
Guest chapter 39 . 6/19
I'm crying.
Guest chapter 28 . 6/7

I love Darien's POV here! Beautiful, and so easy to see his rationale, even if it's totally screwy.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/7

Just when I was settled into hating Darien, you just had to pull that protective older brother crap, and now I'm in love.

Congratulations. I hate you.

(Nice work, friend.)
Alisha chapter 39 . 5/22
Thanks for a wonderful story :)
Adoration chapter 38 . 5/13
Can I really say anything to encompass the beautiful art you've just weaved through words? Probably not. But I'm just saying that it brought tears to my eyes and I laughed and cried with it and you are a brilliant person, and just...
Amy Greene chapter 1 . 4/6
I think I'll read this another five times. I just LOVED Emma's character and a question - have you nased Emma's character on the protagonist of Jane Austen's Classic Emma? They are totally alike right? I loved Darien too.
Anyway a few things I'd like to mention - you're style is a tad bit choppy and you seem to make a lot of spelling mistakes. That's it. And the storyline was tres cliché.
But the dialogues were witty, clever and lovely. Thumbs up!
~Amy Greene
bookwurm247 chapter 5 . 3/30
Ohmygod! I'm so happy I found this story! I usually don't read these kind of stories but I am loving it already! I can just tell there is a depth to the characters and plot that the other stories like this didn't have. So excited to read this!
Roxasfleur chapter 39 . 2/4
Though I dont really like the ending but i guess its alright
EuclidWriter chapter 39 . 1/17
You know, I've procrastinated studying for my midterms because I was hooked onto this story. Was it worth it? Right now, after finishing it, I say yes, pretty much. I absolutely love this story! Though it wasn't frickin' Harry Potter dipped in golden chocolate perfect, that doesn't matter. This story is still, very up there. God-Tier status if I would be so bold to say so myself.

If you're potential reader, browsing through reviews, (I did before taking the dive), to see whether you should read this or not, let me tell you: YES! Yes, it is hella cliche, but in a pretty good way. Trust me, unlike most of the other works on this site, the better parts of this story aren't all only in one place. Just because didn't witness the Second Coming of Christ in the first chapter, doesn't mean that the rest of the story is the same. The excellent parts (aside from the plentiful good ones), are scattered throughout. It's what keeps you hooked. There is no lull throughout this story. You'll be a few chapters in, and get to an extremely well done part. Over and over again. That makes all the difference between this story and others.

That's why "The Matchmaker" has 4,000 favorites (which I'm certain is why you're considered this), and the other story about "the yaoi (gay) high school junior boy superhero-by-night, dating Jesus himself", doesn't have 4,000 favorites. There's a VERY stark difference in quality between "The Matchmaker", and whatever hell I just conceived in my head (I hope it isn't real. If it is, I was NOT targeting your story, for your information).

Anyway. Criticisms? Yeah, I do have a few. But NOTHING that would make you even slightly want to skip this one over.

First, there are minor spelling mistakes. (Suspecting the Beta reader might not have been there 24/7). There were even 2-3 parts (out of 137,441 words, to give credit) that got me a bit lost. These are easily to be able to overlook though.

Next, I'll say it: This is hella cliche. I can bet you 100 dollars that half of y'all know what you're expecting from straight up reading the description. So let me tell you. Darien and Emma are gonna start off fighting. Then, slowly, they become friends. Next, they start becoming 'more'. Then, a fight. Makeup. One more fight, serrious make up time, then end.

Yep, that's it.

But let me tell you one thing. Cliche doesn't make it bad. You know what does? When it's executed improperly. And StormDancer executes this story very well. And sure, It might get a bit frustrating at times (Why are you always so mad all the time for no reason Darien?!), It makes sense. Remember, they're not reincarnated Jesus' perfect little angels for Pete's sake. They're human. They're imperfect teenagers. Sure, in unusual circumstances, but it applies. No matter how hard they try to be mature, they're not perfect adults. Each character has their own flaws. Darien has more, attributed to his background and how he was raised. Emma also has her's, though they're a bit harder to spot. They're there though. No matter how much it isn't obvious, they're similar more ways than one.

You grow attached to these characters. They're flaws, and attributes. You start to understand them, why they would do the things they do.

So for why are you still reading this? Read the story! 39 Chapters will pass by like a breeze, trust me. You won't notice it as you read through. Me, 9/10. That's a good score by the way. Any questions, just pass me a PM.

shadeofpurple chapter 16 . 12/13/2015
this story line is pretty inconsistent. darrien clearly knew that emma was lex's sister in the previous chapter but was still surprised in this one. like wtf.
Jordyn.Rhea chapter 38 . 12/10/2015
This story is literally my life. Thank you soo soo soo much for writing such an amazing story! 3
bluerose62 chapter 35 . 12/3/2015
"blood as her gown and tragedy as her diploma"
THIS LINE IS AMAZING. I finished the story and the whole thing is amazing