Reviews for Stitches of You
Mosaic Stains chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
At the beginning I was wondering what exactly was going on since you put he was weaving thread into her... Then slowly I undestood she was a real-live doll made from compassion and love. The story's undertone is rather haunting and sad in stead of dramatic, but it is also lovely and sentimental in that way. Capturing a darkly romantic essence in the process.

Poetic definition... especially with that ending line 'She had unravelled herself to make him a sweater'.

Mosaic
Hyperroll chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
so beautiful.
Salt and Vinegar Pringles chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
I loved the ending. Very powerfully written. The whole idea of sacrificing yourself for someone else is incredible in your story. I think that both characters were fantastically written and the uniqueness of the idea really solidifies the significance, at least I think it does. Wonderful!
Sarah chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
This was breathtakingly amazing. Beautiful language used by such a talented writer. I look forward to reading your other works.
D'antan chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Very, very well done. The imagery is beautiful, and that line - "She had unravelled herself to make him a sweater" - was just haunting. This is definitely a favorite!
brittle hearts chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Hauntingly beautiful.
Reversed Polarity chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Interesting. Your language flows very prettily, neh? It's a good, dark story of love. The best love stories are usually tragedies. Anyway, rock on.
its.Nothing.Special chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
That was just-my goodness, that was amazing.

"Self destruction is the ultimate act of kindness." Devastatingly gorgeous. So tragic and thought-proving and irrationally real.

"Even now, he wears her laughter like a glove." I loved the way you incorporated the doll's obsession with keeping people warm throughout the whole piece. I thought that line hinted toward it also.

"She had unravelled herself to make him a sweater." I got goosebumps when I read that line. Amazingly powerful.

Your writing is just too beautiful. Now, go get published or something. :)

;)becky
potential happiness chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
I read this a while ago and recently came accross it, so I know it's been awhile since you've posted it. This is beautifully written. Even if it's just a short little piece, it's still amazing. The idea was original, and thoughtful and I really liked it. Keep writing!
whacked chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Wow.

It's been so long since I have read something so original on fp. It's a really freaky, but totally exceptional piece of work. (I say freaky in the best way).

I was touched by how much they cared for each other, he let her consume his entire life and she let go of her life to comfort him. Quite an original way to show it.

I'm going to now go and check out your other pieces!
KeyshaYess chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
HOLY CHRIST. i swear to god your like ... the BEST writer i know.. your imagination astounds me as for you one shots. there great.. ) love this one.. it was as WOW as the other had been

-x0x- Keysha.
Randomisation chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
wow that soo amazing! really gr8! original idea and lovely writing!
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
...wow...

(that's all i have to say- you almost made me cry and for that i love/hate you, but this story is truly wonderful.)
Ark Navy chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
The world in which this story takes place is so twisted—-but in its tragedy, it is beautiful. This is solely due to your unbelievably intricate writing style. You have truly graced this site with a wonderfully written heartrending, yet quixotic tale; this is an inspiring story.
mishiema chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Oh my. That was fantastic.

It flows and emanates this sort of dark quality, but still maintains one of innocent love. I love the concept- of the doll, and then the ending. The ending was superb.

Oh. Lovely. Favorites.