Reviews for The Return of Dragonfly Girl
W. Griffin chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
This is really great! I REALLY loved it where you said "with her midnight eyes/ & her see-though, submarine green )wings(/ & her Techn!color Pr!ncess T!ara/ as perfectly pretend as she couldn’t be." That was amazing. The theatrical refs were cool.

R&R,

-W Griffin

BTW: I love your name! That's great! xD
Speribhean chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
And even after so long you're still the best poet I know when it comes to these.

I adore it - the theatrical references/metaphors, the naming, setting, it's all so interesting. The characters you make for these poems are completely engrossing. They’ve got a Tim Burton feel going on yet at the same time you've put in your own uniqueness. The dynamic between Dragonfly Girl and Flutter fly Boy (or, rather, the one-sided dynamic) was a nice little subplot amidst the overall story; Dragonfly Girl's appearance and declaration.

Speribhean (formerly MoonMistNight, if you haven't already forgotten me)
Lost In Context chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
"somewhere between the applause and the end of the world"

Dramatic. Lovely. Especially the descriptions- flutterfly boy and dragonfly girl. This was dreamy and unreal but concrete all the same; I loved it.

Also- "he didn't like to tell people his name but/ he loved to hear her say it." Resonated with me. I went back to reread that stanza three times, so it's definitely my favorite.
Helpless-Dreamer01 chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
I absolutely loved this poem.. And i love the thingys you did with the words haha.. I think i borrowed your style of writing in one of my poems.. hehe *grins*

Yes it has been ages! Welcome back to the world of Authors who are not yet famous!

Catchya, Dani
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
oh, i love your style. it's so crazily unique, and i kind of love theater, so that's very exciting for me, too. i especially love the rhythm of ":flutter:FLY b-o-y" 'cause it just seemed to sound so good. i loved the descriptions of dragonflygirl and :flutter:FLY b-o-y. fabulosity at it's utmost...
Annaece's Forsaken Corpse chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
ahh i love how you make your poems so flamboyant with the formatting.

and i love that almost all your poems tell a good sotry with...i dunno - a twist? Great work.
Goddess Aurora chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Wow, the formatting is very unique, and emphasize different parts of the poem well. I don't think I have seen anything like this before. Great job!
fairEtales chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
wow. this is beyond amazing. its something that has so much more than depth; it has width, height, and value too. okay, maybe that didn't make so much sense, but it was the best i could do...i was only trying to say something as eye-opening as you. seriously, though, this was probably the best poem you've ever written, or that i've read. its something that is so easy to grasp on to, so emotional and with so much injected (no, not steriods)into it. although i don't really know whats going on with your life since unfortunately i dont see you much anymore, i know that this definitely has come from you and that "its true." i don't think that i just love it, i'm like attached to it.