Reviews for The Graveyard Tales
JennieMR chapter 34 . 7/12/2010
Heya! I know I haven't commented for a while, but that was mainly because I was waiting for a chunk of chapters to be posted before I read. I must say that I like this a lot better than zombie movies, which are focused mostly on blood and guts. I like this because it goes deeper, has more meat (no pun intended. sigh). It's about survival, and that's what I like.

Looks like Mr. Stupidhead (stradd) is about to ruin a good thing, though. I think they need to overthrow him.

Well, until next time...keep writing! :)
Shadowcub chapter 34 . 7/7/2010
LOCKED in a city with a crazy man,

its like being in Berlin with Hitler

in charge!

Keep moving if you do that eventually

you're going to get surrounded. Find

a secure place and pack it up with

Great update, was looking forward to

this one.
Sabreal chapter 2 . 7/6/2010
Engaging story btw but this quote drew my attention:

Zombies are mindless creatures, only capable of climbing stairs or opening a door so long as it isn't shut or locked.

I'm just wondering how zombies can open doors, if they are shut which zombies are incapable to deal with?
onelovelyday chapter 33 . 6/29/2010
You are an excellent storyteller. Each chapter only gets better and better. I've been reading this for a few years now and it's definitely labeled as my favorite. Keep up the great work!
Ric Pike chapter 3 . 6/24/2010
Your writing style does the horror section of this site some justice. Delimas that are common in zombie tales are explained with just the right amount of discomort and somehow without the usual cliches. Will keep reading.
lili999 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
hi !

Cheap retail watch, sunglasses, belt, hats/caps, High quality T-shirts,

ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy ,Jeans,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel

Handbag…high quality,low to
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Dress Casual Shoes Sandal Man's Woman's Bags Wholesale

New style of shoes ,jersey .handbag,free shipping

Cheap shoes ,jersey ,handbag ,accept paypal,free shipping

Low price for high quality shoes ,accept paypal ,free shipping

new style of shoes ,handbag ,t-shirt,jean

welcome to check ourw website :
L.E. Lamkin chapter 32 . 5/11/2010
Finally a new chapter! Woo-hoo!

Hopefully you will soon be following up with several more chapters because I eagerly await getting caught up with all of the other characters. I wasn't expecting to pick back up with Victor and his crew. I think this was a good chapter, not as strong as some others, but we've also waited a long, long time for a new chapter, so it would be difficult to measure up in comparison, rather than say, if you were just reading this all in one fell swoop and this was just the next chapter.

Anyway, the idea of a religious group worshipping a zombie is pretty interesting and different, so I am very curious to see how that plays out. Like I said though, I really can't wait to see what's going on with everybody else though!

Welcome back!
meganbabyyxx chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Wow! This seems very interesting and original and I can't wait to read some more!
J.A. Fletcher chapter 20 . 5/10/2010
Amazing. I can't believe they killed the President. It doesn't look like there's much of a chance now.
J.A. Fletcher chapter 13 . 5/9/2010
The whole zombie takeover thing is bad enough without evil scientists to speed it up. You've spun a fantastic tale that shocks, surprises, and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
J.A. Fletcher chapter 11 . 5/9/2010
I had to give you feedback on this. This chapter was totally creepy. I loved the mad scientist touch, and I can't wait to see what happens with this.
Shadowcub chapter 32 . 5/9/2010
The crazies and roaches and crazed

scientists would be the one to be

left, those two instead of creating

a safe haven, nutted out with a crazier one.
Chompchow chapter 9 . 4/13/2010
Ok, I'm going to stop reading right here and I'll tell you why. - And I'm going to be objective about this, so don't take this by heart! It's not an attack, just my opinion. Honest critique, you know? If you publish a story, you should be able to take critique, both good and bad.

The prologue was very good, it really caught my interest, but from there it went downhill pretty fast.

I really don't like how the people in this story are led by their emotions so much. It comes over as if everything is done impulsively,without thinking. I know that one can get angry if they're desprate to save their children, but I think they wouldn't throw themselves at - heck, at the person who saved them!

They were all too sentimental. They had learned a long time ago that a bite is enough to turn you into a zombie and yet they hesitate to kill someone infected because they were a friend or a relative. I know everyone would hesitate, but this was too much. The safety of the group would be the first priority, you know?

But anyway, the main thing that really bothered me is how selfish they all were! And not ...err, 'normal selfish', but ridiculously selfish. Again because they were too emotional, I think.

The Japanese boy knew what happened to those who get infected (if I read that right)and still chose to hide and flee, to protect only himself and let his family and many others get killed. He could've done this out of fear or maybe the infection was starting to do its work, but this was also too much. I also think that Asian culture values family more than the individual self. It would've been better if he had just saved their lives by ending his own in time.

But that American woman who blew up the Canadian border was probably the worst.( and the reason why I'm stopping here.)

Jezus, who would blow up the wall keeping zombies away? Who in their right mind would do that, even if they might hate Canadians for not helping them or something? Who would be so selfish to endanger to lives of many - and actually their own as well - just to their own life? That was pretty unlogical. But again, maybe that was because of their emotions.

The two main things I missed in this story was the importance of survival and the feeling of fear.(And a little more humanity as well, to be honest.) The enjoyable thing about horror stories is the way it can give you chills and make you shiver in your chair, right? It also seemed as if getting what they wanted was more important than actually surviving.

I'm sure I would've enjoyed this story if it were more realistic. You can write well, but it was a bit over the top for me. My advice as a reader would be for you to try to be more balanced and pay more thought to how people would act in real life. You make it seem like everyone is an asshole deep inside! I hope you don't really think that!
SilverPilot chapter 30 . 1/30/2010
This...this can't be...can't be the end! I just read through Chapters 6-30 in pretty much one fell swoop (okay, so it was in about 3 big chunks spread over a couple of days, but still!). I know, I should be shot for reading that many chapters without leaving a review, but I promise I planned to leave one big giant one at the end, I swear!

So...this IS going to continue, right? RIGHT? Because I have to know what happens. I have to know if our heroes ever get to be truly free, or if death really is all that awaits them. By zombies, I mean. Cause that would suck, although it tends to be the norm in zombie fiction. Sigh.

So what can I say about this story? The characters, though a bit thin at first, quickly grew and became more multi-layered and people you could root for (or despise, depending on the situation or the character). I particularly really like Ron for his dry humor and I really enjoyed Matt up until his departure because he was just bad-ass and sort of scared me with his mentality about the world and the zombies. The female characters leave a bit to be desired, but Addie, though a late addition to the cast, makes up for it in spades. Her exit from Canada was mind-blowing, and the drama that unfolded right before that almost had me in tears. She may not have been around from the beginning like the others, but her character arc has been just as powerful, if not more so, than some of the other characters.

Oh, and can I just say that the chapter that involved the American refugees trying to board that Russian (I think it was Russian?) sub and the whole double cross thing that occured there - that was AWESOME.

I also really want to know what comes about with Dr. Larson and the brothers, Daniel and Jason. This is how I know that the last chapter posted can't possibly be the end. There are just too many loose ends! We don't know what the deal is with the "games" that Stradd seems to have devised, nor what his plans with those zombies he purchased was. Were they for the games? Also, what about Addie's boyfriend and friend back in Canada? What about the Americans searching for other countries' survivors and destroying them? What about the remaining Japanese army and their survival? What about Viktor and Andrei and their little adopted cat?

There's just too much left!

I am also wondering, how come Jake and Sara have all but been ignored for the longest time? We've barely heard a peep out of them since they escaped Martha's Vineyard. I know you didn't kill them off, and they have always sort of been in the background but they have contributed very little to the story, considering they were introduced first and we sort of latched onto them first as readers. Please bring them back and give them something to do!

I loved all of the little anecdotal chapters interspersed throughout where we got to see incidents occuring all over the world. People became so savage after the zombies came, which is incredibly realistic and brutally portrayed here. The scene where the Americans gun down an innocent shipful of Australians trying to escape their devestated country was chilling and terrifying.

Overall, this has been a thrilling, terrifying, gruesome, funny, horrific, chilling and sometimes incredibly moving novel. I truly hope that you continue (and indeed someday soon finish!) this novel because I desperately want to see how it all wraps up!
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »