Reviews for The Graveyard Tales
meganbabyyxx chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Wow! This seems very interesting and original and I can't wait to read some more!
J.A. Fletcher chapter 20 . 5/10/2010
Amazing. I can't believe they killed the President. It doesn't look like there's much of a chance now.
J.A. Fletcher chapter 13 . 5/9/2010
The whole zombie takeover thing is bad enough without evil scientists to speed it up. You've spun a fantastic tale that shocks, surprises, and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
J.A. Fletcher chapter 11 . 5/9/2010
I had to give you feedback on this. This chapter was totally creepy. I loved the mad scientist touch, and I can't wait to see what happens with this.
Shadowcub chapter 32 . 5/9/2010
The crazies and roaches and crazed

scientists would be the one to be

left, those two instead of creating

a safe haven, nutted out with a crazier one.
Chompchow chapter 9 . 4/13/2010
Ok, I'm going to stop reading right here and I'll tell you why. - And I'm going to be objective about this, so don't take this by heart! It's not an attack, just my opinion. Honest critique, you know? If you publish a story, you should be able to take critique, both good and bad.

The prologue was very good, it really caught my interest, but from there it went downhill pretty fast.

I really don't like how the people in this story are led by their emotions so much. It comes over as if everything is done impulsively,without thinking. I know that one can get angry if they're desprate to save their children, but I think they wouldn't throw themselves at - heck, at the person who saved them!

They were all too sentimental. They had learned a long time ago that a bite is enough to turn you into a zombie and yet they hesitate to kill someone infected because they were a friend or a relative. I know everyone would hesitate, but this was too much. The safety of the group would be the first priority, you know?

But anyway, the main thing that really bothered me is how selfish they all were! And not ...err, 'normal selfish', but ridiculously selfish. Again because they were too emotional, I think.

The Japanese boy knew what happened to those who get infected (if I read that right)and still chose to hide and flee, to protect only himself and let his family and many others get killed. He could've done this out of fear or maybe the infection was starting to do its work, but this was also too much. I also think that Asian culture values family more than the individual self. It would've been better if he had just saved their lives by ending his own in time.

But that American woman who blew up the Canadian border was probably the worst.( and the reason why I'm stopping here.)

Jezus, who would blow up the wall keeping zombies away? Who in their right mind would do that, even if they might hate Canadians for not helping them or something? Who would be so selfish to endanger to lives of many - and actually their own as well - just to ...save their own life? That was pretty unlogical. But again, maybe that was because of their emotions.

The two main things I missed in this story was the importance of survival and the feeling of fear.(And a little more humanity as well, to be honest.) The enjoyable thing about horror stories is the way it can give you chills and make you shiver in your chair, right? It also seemed as if getting what they wanted was more important than actually surviving.

I'm sure I would've enjoyed this story if it were more realistic. You can write well, but it was a bit over the top for me. My advice as a reader would be for you to try to be more balanced and pay more thought to how people would act in real life. You make it seem like everyone is an asshole deep inside! I hope you don't really think that!
SilverPilot chapter 30 . 1/30/2010
This...this can't be...can't be the end! I just read through Chapters 6-30 in pretty much one fell swoop (okay, so it was in about 3 big chunks spread over a couple of days, but still!). I know, I should be shot for reading that many chapters without leaving a review, but I promise I planned to leave one big giant one at the end, I swear!

So...this IS going to continue, right? RIGHT? Because I have to know what happens. I have to know if our heroes ever get to be truly free, or if death really is all that awaits them. By zombies, I mean. Cause that would suck, although it tends to be the norm in zombie fiction. Sigh.

So what can I say about this story? The characters, though a bit thin at first, quickly grew and became more multi-layered and people you could root for (or despise, depending on the situation or the character). I particularly really like Ron for his dry humor and I really enjoyed Matt up until his departure because he was just bad-ass and sort of scared me with his mentality about the world and the zombies. The female characters leave a bit to be desired, but Addie, though a late addition to the cast, makes up for it in spades. Her exit from Canada was mind-blowing, and the drama that unfolded right before that almost had me in tears. She may not have been around from the beginning like the others, but her character arc has been just as powerful, if not more so, than some of the other characters.

Oh, and can I just say that the chapter that involved the American refugees trying to board that Russian (I think it was Russian?) sub and the whole double cross thing that occured there - that was AWESOME.

I also really want to know what comes about with Dr. Larson and the brothers, Daniel and Jason. This is how I know that the last chapter posted can't possibly be the end. There are just too many loose ends! We don't know what the deal is with the "games" that Stradd seems to have devised, nor what his plans with those zombies he purchased was. Were they for the games? Also, what about Addie's boyfriend and friend back in Canada? What about the Americans searching for other countries' survivors and destroying them? What about the remaining Japanese army and their survival? What about Viktor and Andrei and their little adopted cat?

There's just too much left!

I am also wondering, how come Jake and Sara have all but been ignored for the longest time? We've barely heard a peep out of them since they escaped Martha's Vineyard. I know you didn't kill them off, and they have always sort of been in the background but they have contributed very little to the story, considering they were introduced first and we sort of latched onto them first as readers. Please bring them back and give them something to do!

I loved all of the little anecdotal chapters interspersed throughout where we got to see incidents occuring all over the world. People became so savage after the zombies came, which is incredibly realistic and brutally portrayed here. The scene where the Americans gun down an innocent shipful of Australians trying to escape their devestated country was chilling and terrifying.

Overall, this has been a thrilling, terrifying, gruesome, funny, horrific, chilling and sometimes incredibly moving novel. I truly hope that you continue (and indeed someday soon finish!) this novel because I desperately want to see how it all wraps up!
SilverPilot chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
That was just creepy. That was probably one of the best zombie fiction chapters I have ever read, and that is including real, actual published zombie fiction. I could picture everything quite clearly in my mind, and I could feel the pain and anguish from both sides, the Russians and the refugees.

I don't know whether I felt happy or sad that the Americans managed to outsmart the Russian officers and kill them, even though it didn't end quite so well for them after all. I was definitely rooting for the Americans to somehow prevail and survive, but the way it all went down...

Quite chilling. Talk about subverting expectations! This novel continues to surprise and absorb me. Great writing.
SilverPilot chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
Well, now. So the one who got away is back. I felt really bad for Greg. I know why they did what they did, but maybe the infection doesn't spread through a scratch? Although there couldn't really be a way to be sure, I suppose. Still, that pretty much sucks.

This and the chapter before it were both very good. I'm loving the action! The battle with the undead was really well written and I thought the walk to the bus was really creepy and had a nice, ominous feeling to it.

I'm starting to like the characters more and get more of a feel for them, but some of them are still a bit too alike to really distinguish them too much. For instance, James and Jake sometimes feel like the exact same character - plus, their names are very similar and so sometimes I think one is doing what the other is doing, and vice versa.

I'd also like to see Sara do more than just stand around and fret and put bandages on people. Now that they aren't stranded at the newspaper offices anymore, and they're on the move, maybe she'll do some more stuff. I'd like to see her get some training from the Army chick, whoever she is, and do some badass zombie killing!

Keep up the good writing!
SilverPilot chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Well that sucks. Not the writing, of course! But the fate of a certain character. That's the thing about zombie stories. They really make you think about mortality and the people around you, and even yourself. Comparing a zombie plague to other diseases, like cancer or AIDS or something like that, you can see the real world parallels. It's so incredibly sad and also just as horrifying. I think you're doing a really good job at capturing that feeling here. I also think this is a very "realistic" zombie story, in as much as I feel like this is how people would actually act and react. It wouldn't be all guns blazing and fortifying buses and whatnot. Obviously a bit short on character development so far, but I can see this goes on for quite a few chapters, so I could see this developing more later on. Good chapter!
SilverPilot chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
I like the tone of this so far. It's slightly serious but still has an almost tongue-in-cheek type of vibe to it. It was a really nice way of setting up the story without getting too bogged down in a bunch of boring exposition. Now that the scene has been set, so to speak, we can sort of just jump right into the action. I appreciate that way of thinking. I liked how the character described the zombies as "coffin stuffers", LOL. I think I'm gonna like this one!
Shadowcub chapter 30 . 1/13/2010
Great story!
Snowflakes Are Drifting chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
Chapter one: They coulda use to planes to fight the dead instead of destroying them.
Snowflakes Are Drifting chapter 27 . 8/10/2009
wouldn't the people be safe in helicopters or airplanes? and just shoot the zombies from up there? zombies wouldn't be able to fly.
heartagrams chapter 28 . 8/4/2009