Reviews for The Graveyard Tales
SilverPilot chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
Well, now. So the one who got away is back. I felt really bad for Greg. I know why they did what they did, but maybe the infection doesn't spread through a scratch? Although there couldn't really be a way to be sure, I suppose. Still, that pretty much sucks.

This and the chapter before it were both very good. I'm loving the action! The battle with the undead was really well written and I thought the walk to the bus was really creepy and had a nice, ominous feeling to it.

I'm starting to like the characters more and get more of a feel for them, but some of them are still a bit too alike to really distinguish them too much. For instance, James and Jake sometimes feel like the exact same character - plus, their names are very similar and so sometimes I think one is doing what the other is doing, and vice versa.

I'd also like to see Sara do more than just stand around and fret and put bandages on people. Now that they aren't stranded at the newspaper offices anymore, and they're on the move, maybe she'll do some more stuff. I'd like to see her get some training from the Army chick, whoever she is, and do some badass zombie killing!

Keep up the good writing!
SilverPilot chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Well that sucks. Not the writing, of course! But the fate of a certain character. That's the thing about zombie stories. They really make you think about mortality and the people around you, and even yourself. Comparing a zombie plague to other diseases, like cancer or AIDS or something like that, you can see the real world parallels. It's so incredibly sad and also just as horrifying. I think you're doing a really good job at capturing that feeling here. I also think this is a very "realistic" zombie story, in as much as I feel like this is how people would actually act and react. It wouldn't be all guns blazing and fortifying buses and whatnot. Obviously a bit short on character development so far, but I can see this goes on for quite a few chapters, so I could see this developing more later on. Good chapter!
SilverPilot chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
I like the tone of this so far. It's slightly serious but still has an almost tongue-in-cheek type of vibe to it. It was a really nice way of setting up the story without getting too bogged down in a bunch of boring exposition. Now that the scene has been set, so to speak, we can sort of just jump right into the action. I appreciate that way of thinking. I liked how the character described the zombies as "coffin stuffers", LOL. I think I'm gonna like this one!
Shadowcub chapter 30 . 1/13/2010
Great story!
Snowflakes Are Drifting chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
Chapter one: They coulda use to planes to fight the dead instead of destroying them.
Snowflakes Are Drifting chapter 27 . 8/10/2009
wouldn't the people be safe in helicopters or airplanes? and just shoot the zombies from up there? zombies wouldn't be able to fly.
heartagrams chapter 28 . 8/4/2009
This is amazing

I wish you would update
Nick Fletcher chapter 3 . 7/3/2009
This was good. Although, I felt as though when the zombies surrounded the Tribune employees, the proceeding brawl went a little too quickly. Also, if having one of them get bitten outside.. it was predictable that it would be Greg, what with him already having been scratched by a zombie. Although, I guess you couldn't really get around that. Don't want to dwindle the numbers too drastically, so early on. The armoured character was an interesting twist. You never see anyone in zombie flicks or whatever sporting solid armour to protect themselves.. and you'd think that would be one of the first things a person would do. Also, I like how your characters aren't wielding your a-typical guns or blades to dispatch the zombies. They use good old fashioned bludgeoning weaponry. Nice. Still, this was good. A couple of things maybe to improve upon, but overall good.
Nick Fletcher chapter 2 . 7/3/2009
And so it begins. Great stuff. The writing is great, a few spelling/grammar issues that a qualified beta reader could iron out for you. I like the characters you've introduced - Jake seems like a real tough nut and James seems like a total douchebag. Those two are my favorites so far. I was kind of happy/sad when James survived. Part of me was glad, because he is an interesting character. Another part just wanted his big mouthed ass to get bitten and die, lol. The tension you display in your dialogue was top notch. This is really good, I shall continue.
Nick Fletcher chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I read this before, but never reviewed it. So, lets start. The opening prologue is great. I love your writing style, its fresh. The general concept of a zombie epidemic has been done many times, yet I still feel already as though you are bringing a fresh look to it. The Graveyard concept was a cool idea, with military destroying airports and patrolling the waters. That's something new to me. Overall, a great start.
Snowflakes Are Drifting chapter 28 . 4/19/2009
just one question:"where did all the helicopters go?"
gdcol1969 chapter 28 . 4/17/2009
This is truly an excellent story! I've enjoyed every chapter. Keep writing, I can't wait to see what happens next!
katara602 chapter 7 . 4/13/2009
Whoa... This is really really good. I love your heartless violence and dark, depressing insight on characters. Its horror at its best!
Snowflakes Are Drifting chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
awesome! im writing a zombie epidemic too, can u review mine? thanks!
JennieMR chapter 28 . 4/13/2009
Great chapter! The suspence is building in Boulder, and I can't wait to find out where it leads!
262 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »