Reviews for The Guard
YasuRan chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Very nice for a oneshot! There is some good scope here for a spin-off (perhaps from the attackers'POV?)but I'll leave that for you to decide :)
Great Thumbs of Wisdom chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Great story! I loved the descriptions and choice of words. As for the attackers... who were they? American SWAT? Marines? Mexican soldiers? Commandoes? Rivals? This only serves to further heighten the tension and the high-speed of the story.

However, it's a little odd for an action story, at least for me. There's comparatively small action, and most of it is concerned with the death of The Guard. The characters don't seem to develop in any direction, and I feel disconnected and distant from the story as a result.

Despite this, I loved your piece of work and hope you have more like it. Great job!
Ski Aer chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
A jeez, bad form, you can't kill the hero in the first chapter dude... Or is this it? Anyway, I like it. It reads just as well as any thriller by Tom Clancy, but there are one or two mishaps. How could trained profs like those guys miss a guy that was still alive? Why wouldn't they jsut spare a bullet and remove him from the picture so that they don't have to worry about him later, maybe they should miss the fact that he's there still.
Jon Lassik chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
That was a GREAT STORY! I especially like how you write from the perspective of what would usually be a "bad guy," very interesting. Keep it up, can't wait to read more!
Bryan1111 chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
very good. liked your style of writing.