Reviews for Judging Eyes
TheThingsSheSaid chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Too many people don't realize how the soldiers feel... Great piece.
lymli chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
made me cry...
Isca chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
"The years he never knew you." A sad reality even in today's society. Many people grow up without a loving parent.

"But, it was your duty to sacrifice your life to protect people like her." This line made the poem. It stands out now, as a poem about martyrdom and honour.

Good work!

-Isca
unemployed-joy chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Freebie review!

Oh, gosh. I love this. I love how simple and honest it is. Every year at the Memorial day gathering (which, I go to, don't know why), our Mistress of Ceremonies reads the poem "Freedom isn't Free", and, I liked it the first year, but it's gotten really old. Anyways, my point was that this poem is like that whole theme that it's not just the nameless, faceless people who sacrifice themselves for us, but it's fathers, sons, relatives, loved ones, etc.

And I especially love the last two lines, it's such unifying twist.

Poetry isn't really my forte, so I can't really put in any sort of obligatory "I would suggest". So, I'll forgo that, and let it suffice to say that this is a very lovely piece.

-Rachel
GothicSpook chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Very powerful and emotional! I'm actually speechless that it was so powerful and dont know what else to write on here! Just that this is going on my favourites list!

x
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
I like this one. True, it's not your best, but the message is clear, and very understandable.

-Elli
someday-i-will chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Hmm..I thought I had reviewed this before. Anyway, nice piece. I don't think it's one of your best but I love the idea, very interesting.
Hidden Lies chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
I don't think I like this as much as some of your other pervious works. It is unclear of hose perspective you are coming from. I know you have said who in your summery but I think the poem itself should reflect that also.

That is all I think I have to say, apart from that it is a very good piece of work.
Anna178 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
This is a very sad idea, and one someone wouldn't normaly come across too. I like how you tried out a different more interesting idea, and pulled it off too. Good work.

ANNA
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
There are travails that go beyond measures,

Our puny heart's muscles gird expanding,

To feed inside soul as pump grabs wide world,—

There are troubles that linger despite tears,

Dispersing like spring rains white icy floes,

To flow and melt into an ocean vast,—

There are songs that are laments that sad wail,

At all the circumstances that force life,

To compromises of belief and faith,—

There are events that heart won't recreate,

For these no ceremonies or gay days,

To ever mark a calendar with red,—

There are so many memories like leaves,

That clutter our mind's thoughts each seeking light,

To sometimes leave us but confusion's wake;

There are cold autumn days when winds blow fierce,

Removing yellow leaves that shone in sun,

To form the residue of years to come.