Reviews for The Bane of Rendsberg Part III
Narq chapter 6 . 3/13/2009
I really enjoyed the starting part when Oliver was trying to think about his past and it gave a really cosy feeling - don't ask me why - I just had an image of someone not wanting to get out from bed in a cold winter morning.

Great chapter!
Narq chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
The detail placed in the overall chapter was simply astounding! I especially noted you added some touch to tiny details ie, the little things that most authors wouldn't notice. It tells a lot and it shows that you are truly putting everything in and you have the whole picture in your mind.

Great work!
Narq chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
I thought you did a great job on Oliver's emotions and inner feelings (I think they mean the same, but oh well) on this chapter. I really enjoyed seeing how you coaxed Oliver out of his shell and slowly put him where he belonged.

Great chapter!

Narq chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
This chapter was really entertaining! I wanted to laugh at Alteng and those boarding ships. And... poor person whoever opens the journal and tries to write in the book where Oliver is in. Oopsidaisies!I am curious about the "Land of the Midnight Sun" It sounds intruging and interesting!

VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Well, it was a good start. I feel so bad for poor little Hans. He reminds me of tiny tim from a christmas carol, or whatever that play was called. It's also very ironic that it's winter, too. XD Oh, I'm terrible.

Aww, little Xavier. Now Alteng must really want a family. Well, I hope he never, ever gets that goal accomplished. Cause I still hate him for what he did, and unless he apologizes to Lucifer, he will forever stay off my favorite character list. Uh! The nerve of him.

No, I need to be calm. *deep breathing* XD Creepy. Well, I feel bad that Olivier will be off and away in a few more months, but he is a cool character. I will miss him.

I will stop here for today, but hopefully my reading can continue on another time. Good work so far. I've loved ever chapter of it. :)

Velvet.
Narq chapter 2 . 2/7/2009
when I saw the name Josef I was like, woah... another character! I really liked the descriptions you entrusted Josef, it gave him a good charateristic.

Well, all in all this was a good chapter but a sentence caught my attention: "The female Kobold turned her vehemence upon her husband, but he was blinder to it than the ghost was to it." You repeated it twice which made the sentence sound strange. Perhaps you should aim: "... he was blinder to it than the ghost was."

Narq chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I enjoyed the opening with Alteng, though I am a little suspicious of the opening.. I was wondering how you'd tie in Alteng with Oliver, your main character in this story, I presume..but anywas, GREAT CHAPTER!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 11 . 1/12/2009
Well, I must say that was not a very happy family reunion, though I expected Sil to very much act in the way that she did. I honestly believed she would have throttled Lucifer, however, since he held her child and all. Nevertheless, I was amused by Olivier and Ther holding Alteng back from him, as I did when Johann tried to reason with Sil. I hesitate to say that he will not be welcome in her sight for a good while to come. But I can understand her position on the matter, and her threatening to leave with Xavier is reasonable - given the circumstances. A former cannibal and vampire. Things are bound to be interesting!

Though in spite of it all, I am happy to see Lucifer reunited - as it were - with his family. I was deeply touched by the exchange between Lucifer and Hans. Truly, Lucifer is going to have to find a way to make it up to the young Kobold. I honestly hope he does, as I also noticed a certain slant of hope in Josef's words at the end. I simply love that scholarly kobold! I do wonder if there is a way to circumvent Lucifer's perpetual damnation. I cannot wait to read Part IV, which I hope to do very soon. I should like to read a lot of the chapters in one sitting. Hopefully I will able to.

Truly, this story is amazing! I simply love its many twists and turns! Especially Josef. I cannot seem to get enough of his ever-enquiring, imposing nature!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 10 . 1/12/2009
Ah! 'Tis glad I am to be back to finish these last two chapters! Really, with the holidays and work, it leaves little time to indulge in more engaging activities. I honestly felt no qualms in calling the principal last week over my unruly class' behaviour. I begin to wonder if fourteen-year-olds are actually considered human. Oh, well.

Anyway, a rather enjoyable chapter here. I especially enjoyed Sil's disapproval of Olivier's method of meeting someone, and when she hits him and calls him a pervert. The poor fellow only wanted to 'see' her. Oh, well, perhaps she will warm up to the former ghost soon enough.

As for Josef's allusion to Lucifer's arrival, I daresay that will probably not go over very well with Sil - probably less so, than her seeing Olivier in the flesh. She shall have two 'predators' in the house then! I can only assume Lucifer will make an appearance in the next chapter, as Part I is winding to a close. I should like to see Sil's reaction if such transpires! I do hope it does!

Well, I suppose it is onto the next chapter then!
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 11 . 1/11/2009
Well, all I can say is that the ending of this part is rather unexpected since to a certain extent, I thought Lucifer will be driven out. Interesting to see where this will go though. :) On Josef's ways to undamn Lucifer, I'm not too confident on that. After all he's been wrong on quite a few occasions from what I've seen here. And lol on Josef displaying logic. That's a rare sight to be honest. :D With that being said, I guess the uproar here could play out in the future plot. Interested to see how this will be done. Family drama is surely one good way of enhancing the plot if done correctly. ;) Okay, guess I'll stop here for now. It's getting like near seven in the morning now and thus, high time for me to log off now. Hopefully I can review again soon. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 10 . 1/11/2009
Okay, I take back my words on Lucifer being the most developed character in my previous review 'cuz yeah, I do find Olivier's dvelopment rather interesting as well. It's no mean feat to turn a nutcase into a sane person lol! :D And yeah, in case you're asking, I already knew that Olivier has gone a hundred eighty degree change after his death. So yeah, no need for reminders. ;) But still despite this fact, I do still find Olivier to be an interesting character devlopment wise. And I guess I'm starting to take a liking for him due to this reason. ;) And Xavier really reminds me of my churchmate's kid who is like going to be two this year. Yeah, I'm talking about the terrible two lol! :D Anyway, one more chapter to go and I truly wonder what will happen with Lucifer appearing. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 9 . 1/11/2009
Well, aftering reading at this point, I do admit that you did very well for Lucifer's character. Pretty much an angsty guy, but still imo, he's the best developed character in this series as of now although by doing so, the importance of the other characters were more or less stunted apart from the Olivier revival part. And William is such a joker isn't he? imo he could be the biggest joker in this story of now for all I know. And Johann's sleeping style is so lawl. I remember sleeping in the same manner when I was a kid lol! :D Anyway, guess there still left two more chapters left to go. And I supposed that there will tons of stuff happening within the last two chapters.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 8 . 1/11/2009
Well, Josef is indeed one excitable guy isn't he? Plus I like the fact that he's ridiculously void of common sense. In a very real way, I can envisage him as a two year old lol! :D Anyway, glad to see that things are still going smoothly although I don't think that will last. tbh though, I really wonder if the methods Josef suggested on removing the vampire curse is just some random hoax. imo the whole issue is most likely not to be that simple. :S Anyway, good chapter here and I'm really wondering what will happen when the whole group return to the home. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 7 . 1/11/2009
Lol here I am. :D Anyway, I'd more or less expect the dark shadow to be Lucifer. And yeah, it really seems that Alteng haven't given up on killing Lucifer despite what the truth of that fight. Anyway, glad to see that Lucifer got accepted here in a certain sense. And it really seems that William is the only clear minded one amongst the rest. But tbh I don't think things will be that simple. Guess I'll have to continue reading to find out. ;)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 6 . 1/8/2009
Well, guess the unknown presence made itself known here now. For some weird reason, I think it's Lucifer. But logic reasoning makes a joke out of this theory. Anyway, I at first thought the state of Olivier's mind was actually the side effect of the resurrection. Guess I'm wrong here after seeing Josef's explanation. And yeah, guess I'm like Josef in the aspect where quick to talk is concerned. :D Anyway, glad to see Olivier coming back to his senses and memories although I've still yet to see any possible backlash from that revival. Will you be doing that part btw? Anyway, good chapter here as always. And yeah, thanks for your reviews on Circles of ARven all the while. Hope to see more of them soon! Bye! :)

P.S: A Ranger's Tale has been updated with a new chapter in case you don't know. So yeah, hope to see your review for it as well. :)
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »