Reviews for The Bane of Rendsberg Part III
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 5 . 1/8/2009
Well, I don't see any mean factor in this chapter like you've said. Maybe it's a difference in standards. Anyway, interesting ritual here. I really like the details there and it's basically not some kind of cliched necromancy ritual one might see in television. I really wonder what has happened to Alteng really. Hope there's not much of a backlash from the magic. But honestly speaking, I'm not too sure. Bringing the dead back to life is basically an act against nature. So if Alteng got some kind of lasting side effect in any way or form, I won't be surprised. Apart from that, nothing to say. Onto the next chapter. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 4 . 1/8/2009
Herro! It's me again. :) Anyway, sorry for being so late in reviewing. Have to study for a recent test of mine and that ate up my reviewing time entirely. :( Anyway, good chapter here as always. I really like the minor part on the sea bird. That really gave me a lawl at Josef's nature. :D Also like the humor part on Johann and William. If that was done in a sitcom, it will definitely click with the audience. And bummer that Johann and Josef got seasick. I was expecting them to cause major mayhem on board lol! XD Anyway, glad to see that Olivier made it back smoothly. For a moment, I thought he got lost or what-not. :S Anyway, good chapter here. Onto the next one. :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 3 . 1/4/2009
Well, glad to see that things are going according to plan. Also, suprising to see Ryley and co back. I did went into a major lawl mode at the possibility of mayhem that Johann and co could come up with. For some reason, visualizing it is equivalent of watching both Harold and Kumar movies ten times over. :D Anyway, interesting way to escape the dog's detection on Olivier. Guess things will be really going smoothly all the way. At least that's what I will want to see from a personal opinion. ;) Anyway, good chapter here as always. And yeah, thanks for your recent reviews on Circles of Arven. Hope to see more of them soon! Bye! :)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
Well, I'll have to say Josef's nature is acombination of lol and cuteness. Thanks to reading this part, I've got a spark on what I want to do on a potential Kobold character in A Ranger's Tale. tbh I'll really like to see Josef as a comic relief. For opinion reasons, I think he did have this quality much more than Johann in a certain aspect. tbh I'll definitely go lawl at him trying to interview a hungry dragon. At least that's my plan for my said Kobold's nature and role in a general way. ;) With that being said though, Johann seems to be much more of a moron than I'd first thought. A bit like a human character I'm planning for A Ranger's Tale as well. Anyway, interesting intro chapter here for Josef. imo it's a really interesting one in a humor sense. tbh I'm not sure if I can do the same thing as well.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Herro. Sorry for being so late with the reviewing. Got only a limited reviewing time due to my own stuff and I've got quite a number of people to review. :S Anyway, I'll have to say that this is an interesting chapter in that you chose not to start this chapter with Lucifer and also did certain focus on other characters. I'm really curious which part of the plot will tie into which. As for Olivier being brought back to life, I'm not too sure of the effects, By rule of thumb in necromancy, that kind of stuff could require a certain price not to mention there could be side effects or maybe even the result wasn't a desired one. A good example will be the homoculus of the Full Metal Alchemist manga/anime series in a certain sense. At least I've seen the anime and that's what I"ve concluded. Anyway, glad that Alteng don't have any hatred for Hans anymore after the Lucifer fiacso. From a personal point of view, that's the last thing I will want to see in this story. Anyway, onto the next chapter. :)
Kittie Darkhart chapter 9 . 11/17/2008
Well, after reading this chapter, I see that Alteng still resents the fact that Lucifer has reamained among their party. I do wonder if Alteng will ever consider Lucifer more of an ally than the loathed enemy he presently sees him to be? Well, there are at least another four parts after this, right? Something is bound to happen by then.

Anyway, I will admit that I was just as surprised as Lucifer, when it was related how Alteng came to know Johann's name. Milk in his empty eye-socket? Oh, my. That had to have been one of the worst things to do to someone upon first introductions. No wonder Alteng is annoyed by Johann and his antics! That was a very sick joke!

Anyway, as I have a few things to do today, I will try to finish reading the last two chapters this week. I am curious to see if there is a cure for Lucifer's vampirism.

Until then!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 8 . 11/17/2008
Ah, I finally have a chance to read of a couple of chapters! And indeed, it was a pleasure to read this chapter! I must say that the little 'dispute' between Lucifer and Alteng, if you will, was, rather entertainting. I had expected Alteng to put up much more of a fight; but with his bleeding and all, it would make sense that he listen to William finally relent. William does certainly manage to Alteng in check, though I daresay he struggles with Johann at times.

And Olivier, being the over-protective uncle as always. I do hope that he and Lucifer retain a semblance of the friendship they had back in Part II.

As for Josef, I found it amusing that he and Johann question Lucifer over the fangs - considering how Johann has a thing with being in the same room with corpses and the like - that they continued to press Lucifer in showing them. Josef's prodding and poking was indeed the best part. I am sure that Lucifer has not the slightest in understanding Josef's curiosity! "My pulse is five times faster than yours!"

But even more, I am curious about this last segment, in which Josef reveals a possible solution for Lucifer's plight. Could his vampirism be lifted? I suppose I shall learn of it presently.

Well, it is onto the next chapter then!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 7 . 8/1/2008
Ah, for once I was right! I had a feeling that Lucifer would come into Part I sooner or later! And what a chapter, I must say; full of tension and excitement! And Alteng. He does, most certainly have a great deal of time to mature before coming into his own; William is indeed right about that.

Overall, I really enjoyed the chapter. Josef's curiosity and William's calling him down for it was a pleasure, as always. I really enjoy Josef's need to observe and question things. He truly reminds me of the scientist/naturalist type whose curiosity of the world goes beyond all rational thought.

Anyway, I will admit that I was surprised that Johann was willing enough to allow Lucifer to accompany them on the journey home - notwithstanding Alteng's protest, of course - as William is certainly the voice of reason here. I felt that they should have settled their differences long before this moment, in Part II. Oh, well, there would probably not be much of a story to tell is such had transpired. Though I can imagine Sil's expression upon her seeing Lucifer again. Johann is certainly going to get it!

And as such a pleasure that will be to see transpire, I must adjourn for the evening. I will try to continue reading tomorrow. I really cannot wait to see what happens in the remaining chapters! Until then!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 6 . 8/1/2008
Well, I must say that I was not expecting Olvier's mind to be so muddled. In truth, I felt just as confused as he; though, now that I look at it, it would make sense: his body and spirit have been disconnected for so long, that it would be imperative that both - now combined - would have a need to catch up on some things.

Johann is as pleasant as ever, in not thinking ahead with his suggestions. Celebration, indeed! And Josef is just as bad in his need to explore the mysteries of the body - before and after death.

I can only hope, however, that with this second chance, Olivier will make the best of it. The scene when Alteng revoked his grandfather's words and welcomed Olivier back into the Cuxhaven family was so affecting. I was sincerely touched by his kindness toward his uncle.

Nevetheless, I am quite curious by this new dilemma by chapter's end. The first person who came to mind was Lucifer, but I suppose I shall have to see for myself, as I continue on to the next chapter! Really, your cliffhangers are keeping me on the edge of my seat!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 5 . 8/1/2008
I am so sorry for not getting a chance to read last night. My sister needed help with her classroom and we stayed for most of the day, yesterday. It is so exhausting, to prepare a Kindergarten class; as it affirms that I do not want to teach anything but students at the university level. (Sighs.)

Anyway, another wonderful chapter this is! I especially loved the detail placed in the overall sequence, especially the little things like Josef getting seasick and Johann unable to be in the same room as Olivier's corpse. The 'depositing' of his food got a chuckle from me, I will admit! He was so funny, and having to sleep next William! Poor William. How he manages to put up with everyone, I will probably never know.

Anyway, on Olivier's resurrection, I will say that when Alteng allowed his blood to flow in his uncle's corpse's mouth, I could not help but think of Selene raising Viktor in 'Underworld.' Indeed, the scene came to mind quite vividly for me there. I could honestly see what Alteng was doing; the amount of detail was that good.

However, with Alteng's success in helping his uncle, I do wonder what will happen when Olivier is back to his 'old self,' as it is. Will he return to his old eating habits? I shudder to think!

Well, it is onto the next chapter for me!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 4 . 7/29/2008
This voyage is getting rather exciting; the humour, half the fun! The fishing boat scene was simply a pleasure to read! Also, I am glad to see William exerting a bit of humour, though he is not as driving in his need of wit as Johann, perhaps. But still, he did manage to ruffle Alteng's feathers - quite a lot, actually.

I also liked how Alteng tried to help Olivier by testing him. I could honestly see him trying and Olivier succeeding each time. With Olivier overcoming his blindness - I realise that he never really comprehended his lack of sight until the others made him aware of it - it perhaps helped in this matter. I wonder if his other senses kicked in somehow, hearing and the like. Or is it some intrinsic part that leads him in the right direction? I can only assume that he has developed a keen sense of direction in living in complete darkness for much of his life.

Anyway, this is, indeed, another brillantly-crafted chapter! I simply love your prose. It does not require a lot of dialogue to hold a person's interest; it does it through the narrative voice and detail alone.
Kittie Darkhart chapter 3 . 7/29/2008
It is great to finally get back to this, though I fear I may only be able to read a couple of chapters tonight. Nevertheless, this chapter was no less enjoyable! I honestly smirked at Alteng boarding ships marked with suspcion. Hm. I wonder what line of work aforementioned vessels peformed? Also, too, was the conflict in concealing Olivier. Yes. Just shove the poor spectre in a journal; he will surely enjoy it. I cringe to know what 'would' actually happen if someone were to write with Olivier in it. I doubt he would be happy, though having to coutenance Captain Riley's dog would, perhaps, be even lesser a preference. His best bet is probably the lock of hair. Hopefully it will work, though I am now a little curious about this Land of the Midnight Sun. Does it hold future significance? I do wonder.

Well, enough ponmdering. I daresay it is onto the next chapter for me!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 2 . 7/16/2008
Oh, a scholar in the group! I like him already! Also, his deceptive appearance is something that has perhaps become useful over the years; though it is strange that Josef should look younger than Alteng. Ah, well, it will benefit him in the end, I am sure.

Anyway, I am rather curious in how Alteng intends to resurrect Olivier. I believe it may be a few chapters before we see such transpire - if it happens. I am a little hesitant to fully go along with Alteng at the moment, though I must agree that it is a little unorthodox, if not unnatural, to raise the dead. It will indeed be strange if Olivier is counted among the living again, having been dead for two years. Will he attempt to hurt Alteng again? I should hope not. Perhaps death has aided in the liberation of his questionable sanity? I want to think it has; he seems to want to be an uncle/friend to his nephew now.

Well, I suppose I shall have to wait and see. I will try to continue reading tomorrow. I want to finish this third part hopefully by this week, so I can proceed to Part IV. I am excited to see if Alteng succeeds in helping Olvier!

Well, until then!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Ah! I finally have a chance to begin this part! I am only sorry that it has taken me so long; it has been a very long summer.

Anyway, I must say that I enjoyed the opening with Alteng, though I am a little suspicious of the opening. A sunburn? Hm. It leaves much room to ponder if such were a mere happenstance or something more profound, if not a foreshadowing of some dire consequence. It also seems that Alteng has not given up on Ther, even having dreams about her! And then he confesses them to Olivier - who would have thought it?

But it is something of a pleasure to see the two of them talking - at least on civil grounds. I also noted Alteng's regret in seeing Hans on a crutch. Indeed, even if Alteng is a little fiery-tempered at times, he still has a good heart about him. I do wonder when Lucifer will appear again. I have a feeling it will be soon.

Well, since Olivier has peaked my interest, I do believe it is onto the next chapter. As I recall, I think you mentioned his having a second chance at life? I suppose I shall have to see!
faerie-gumdrops chapter 11 . 12/27/2007
Heya! Hope you've had a merry Christmas!

So this was a good last chapter (not that you EVER write bad ones, though!) And, as always, it is nice to see Lucy back in action! I really enjoyed how you described the opinions of several different characters (Stephen, Sil etc) at seeing Lucifer with Xavier, and how each character has a different, complex reaction. None of your characters are 2D, which is obviously a really great thing.

I particularly loved Hans' reaction, just because I love Lucy so much and it's nice to see someone else who doesn't see his curse as something that automatically makes him completely terrible. Also, I've really liked the way that you show his curse throughout the whole of this story so far - like the way that some of the kobolds think it can be passed on by touch. The superstitions etc of your kobolds are one of the things that make them really interesting creatures. I can imagine that you've put a lot of thought into it.

So I really loved part I! Sorry it took me so incredibly long to finish this one, and will start on part IV really soon. Really looking forward to seeing what you've got in store!
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »