Reviews for City 2006
B-Dooliie chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
so perfect and complete and it had the potential to just be shallow and cute but you made it deep and aching and beautiful.
I-Wuv-Muffins chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
mh. Love it. makes me think of summer, the real summer. I hate it when poetry is like "summer, the beautiful golden warm blahdeeblah..." When summer really is sticky, dusty, musty, and really uncomfortably hot.

I love how all of your writing is so wistful. I understand those unspoken thoughts and strange yearnings that reach beyond anything we could do (I kind of am thinking of Moon River right now, too).

Nevertheless (ha, transitional phrase), I just like how I feel connected. I enjoy your sort of rambling, awkwardly (but in a good way) descriptiveness. (I promise that that is not an insult-I really like it)

BLAHBLAH. too many words. Anyways, yeah! review.

-Ames
Artemis Anderson chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Wow...this one's my favorite so far. I love everything about it!
hopeless-flame chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
(sigh) it makes you go all gooey inside... ]
bittersweetfaith chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
hello pixy-dizzy. this is just awesome and so, so gorgeous.

'and i will miss what makes you you, and i will miss your sun and your shoes and your heart, and i will miss you, i will miss you'

the words become so beautiful together!

and adore all the imagery :)
incandescente chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
i liked it.

perhaps its just me.. but i can imagine what the scene was like at certain parts. when i close my eyes and see, i see them as yellowed people and landscape.. kinda like memories kept and pressed. shrugs. continue writing!
Chocolate Herrings chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Lovely. You've captured a bitter-sweet summer romance in words and descriptions that give it full justice.
elisefey chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
I love the synesthesia of this; mixing the senses and sensations. Beautiful. The details you use remind me of my trip to Europe and the people I met. You've perfectly embodied that feeling of a time of self-discovery coupled with the knowledge that it can't last even though you wish it could. There's even more to what you've written here than just that, but that's the part that speaks to me and I love it. Very nicely done.
Perfect Bliss chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Ahh this is absolutely beautiful. The kind of beautiful that's so unbelievable that it hurts the heart. It made me feel whole again for just a minute as I read it. Its an immediate favorite.
RedBerries chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
I kinda like it...but I'm not sure about certain parts.
aphroditeseyes chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
Wow. You have an amazing writing style, and I think this may be my favourite of all your poems (does that make sense?). I thought it was kind of bittersweet (was that what it was supposed to be?). Well, it made me happy and sad at the same time.

But beautiful. Well done :)
anamika chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
its nice...brilliant kind of poetry. I can't describe it exactly but hell it sounds beautiful. I'm a bit confused on the first stanza tho is it on purpose?
special chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
This is..wow.

Genius.

Bloodyflippin' brilliant.

It's simplicity and complexity in a whirlwind of gorgeously portrayed emotions.

Ahh..your writing is really satisfying and..yeah. It's like, every line is so perrfecct and beautiful; as if you spent an hour picking every word...gah. I really don't know what I'm saying. My mind's still stuck on your poem.

Okay..alright.

You're a genius and you're wow.

That should do it.

(My bed's looking mighty comfy right now. Good night!)

Keep writing (as if you need me to say that) and update (To Fight or Fall! haha) soon!

Thank you for sharing!

;)allie
Grace Hsia chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Aw... wow, this is a very abstract style. It is very impressionistic, and it reminds the reader of a blurry photograph from a long past summer afternoon. :-) Hehe, I like this alot, and I really miss emailing you! So sorry that I haven't emailed in such a long time! (My fault, ew, I hate being a procrastinator!) Anyways, the words? They fit precisely where they need to, chosen with the care of a diamond-carver intending to drive the meaning home! Not only that, but I love how, in the beginning, you go and say:

"The city is the color of

Garlic and sewerage and spices and pee and sweat and ocean and desert

And it smells like

Red and yellow and green and brown and blue"

Hehe, I absolutely love that line! I love the fact that you use the descriptions in an inverted way, and not lined up with what most people would expect. It is quite interesting, and it draws attention to them in the most wonderful way. Anyhows, aw, this is based sorta on real life? Will the readers ever get to hear that story? (I mean, is this a one shot?) It is a beautiful piece of prose, and the gritty details make it beautiful.

Much luv darling!

Orientfox
sincerely disregard chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Darling, you’re bliss with a twist of tragedy and the beauty of a broken mirror. (in a less metaphoric tongue: I love it) Do you know how much you have grown as a writer? seas and oceans. Do you know how much I enjoy you’re work and all it has become? moons and stars. Just though I would let you know that.

courage hit me recently so I actually have posted some of my own work here. well really someone said it wasn’t fair to not let others see who I am when I see them, and that’s the truth in the ink and pixels, so if you’re interested… anyways if the world ends before tomorrow, let me say goodbye today.