Reviews for born dead
missmori chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
this was...amazing. that's all i have to say.
Her Wishing Well chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
This is so unbelievably sad. But sad dosen't some it up. I can't imagine what it must be like for anyone to have to go through this. The simplictity of the lines makes every emotion raw and powerful. Amazing.
disabled account chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
Though some of the lines are somewhat obviously expressed (as in "life formed and she swelled; months passed with that promise"), the simplicity of the poem and the potency of the images, which are used here very sparingly (i.e., ten lovely blue fingers, you watched her buried with the world in her mouth) make the poem quite striking. Try for a little variation in the first two lines, and don't reinforce the concept of pregnancy with superfluous lines, since it is effectively conveyed by the poem anyway. The last two lines were priceless. Adieu, Kat
mostly water chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Damn you for so many pretty lines.

"ten lovely blue fingers"

"you watched her buried with the world / in her mouth"

"you know the secret and the truth:"

Dammit. Really lovely.
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
This is bittersweet and makes me want to cry. Take care.

EB
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
sad and beautifully written.. powerful imagery
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
i love the summary - it pulled me in.

it's so strange ... because i can almost taste this ... feel the breath, i love it.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
This poem was positively heartbreaking. OMG. My goodness. I love the first line - fantastic opener, and gorgeous description of a woman going through pregnancy. Wow. Powerful piece. Keep writing! :)
Forever Forbidden chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Short and simple? No, it's short, but very complex. Good poem!

-Helen
And Your Little Dog Too chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
born dead? sounds cool too me has a lot behind it. i liekd this poem too :)
LongNightz chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
Oh wow, that was so sad.

You did a really lovely job, hon.
by His blood chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
beautiful and heartbreaking and absolutely gorgeous. 'she had two arms and two legs, ten lovely blue fingers that would never grasp.' amazing.
beti213 chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
you have such a depth of originality in you-it's staggering. I especially loved the line "buried with the world in her mouth" and the last line. I also appreciated the fact that I had to read it twice to completely grasp it, as usual with your poetry. Bravo once again... for taking something cliche and making it real again.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
i think of abortion and blue skies

the most horrible days happen to be the most beautiful
X.xPrincess.Midnightx.X chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
This is a sad, yet very powerful poem. I like. Wonderful work, as always. Keep it up.