Reviews for A Field to Cry Courage
Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 8 . 11/14/2006
Intriguing. I can't wait for you to update!

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 7 . 11/14/2006
Your chapters are great, even if they are short. Eh, it doesn't really matter, I kind of like the short chapters. They're so descriptive and vivid. One more to go for now...

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 6 . 11/14/2006
Jesus Christ. That really sucked for Kat. Stupid Lara.

Well, anyway, it must have been a good chapter, because I really reacted to it.

Good job.

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 5 . 11/14/2006
Nice descriptions of the orphanage. Very bleak.

Would they be saying orthodox prayers in Stalin's USSR, though? People probably did in secret, but I would think that these children wouldn't. Again, no expert; I could be wrong.

Anyway, good going. Another very vivid chapter.

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 4 . 11/14/2006
Good chapter, but short. Nice inner monologue.

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 3 . 11/14/2006
Another good chapter, and longer which is great, but...would Kat really be making dresses for rich women in Communist Russia, especially under Stalin? I'm not the biggest Russian or USSR history expert, so I could be wrong, but it doesn't make sense that 1940's USSR would have a whole factory making fancy dresses for rich women. There were people who were hypocrites in the USSR at that time, but I would think they got most of their fancy things from outside of the country.

I could be wrong. Anyway, great chapter. The bit with the old woman was especially well done.

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 2 . 11/14/2006
I like this story, though the chapters (at this point) seem more like vignettes than anything else. Not that that's a bad thing! They're very beautiful and visual. I can definitely picture everything you describe. Onwards...

Jacquleine Schaeffer chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Very good first chapter. Your writing style is very poetic. Longer chapters would be good, but everyone's first chapter is short, so that's totally OK. On to read more!

-J.S.