Reviews for denim portraits of heartache
Ellin Louise chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
I really like this, enough to persuade me to read more of your stuff. I love the way the words seem to wrap around themselves.
lackluster chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
i love how you incorporated that last line into everything else and i had to just go back and look for the signs. it's a lot like anorexia. and yet, not.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
fuck. how have i not read you? i probably have a long time ago, my memory fails me. but this is amazing. so freakin amazing im almost speechless but i know i gotta say soemthing for this poem. god i wish i could add it to my faves. but fp is a bitch to me. this is gorgeous. secrets heavy in my head. .. connect-the-dots for you, artist. it's all so incredible. and i lovelovelove the third stanza. im not even sure what to say to it. just such beautiful metaphors... god i dont know how you thought of them, they're so gorgeous. '(the secret is, love, i'm / for you)' i love that. lovelove.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
"a connect-the-dots-for you, artist". and, "wonder if your shoulder blades will break my wrists". such a distant, absent road to self-destruction, painted in all your fragile wonder. i love it.
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
"(the secret is, love, i'm/ for you)"

the last line struck me hard. the piece slowly, slowly comes to the point and i like it - but wow, the last line ... i can relate so well and it hurts - ohgosh, it hurts.