Reviews for shattering
polka dots and addictions chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
. .

i love the use of brackets throughout the whole piece, & i love the meaning they add. i dont think that its necessary on the /pain i go through in attempt(s) to be perfect/ bit though, because reading without them then it wouldnt make sense. i really like the way youve just used simple bluntness to put across what your saying, it works beautifully & hits so hard.

the /would you rather watch as i slide a finger down my throat and cough up all the imperfections?/ is my favourite bit of the whole piece, its just so...i don't really know..it just...is. like, wow.

the italics in the second stanza are just so incredibabaly gorgeous & they seem to scream out from the piece (not just because of the formatting, but that does enhance it) with such pain & they just .much & then the /(and my deepest scars came in february after sh the raw silence and told me the things i want(ed) to hear from you). tell me that it’s okay t (again) because i can feel mysel to pieces and my lif into (nothing but) dust./ ((i wanted to quote a bit there but i couldnt decide which bit of that verse to take, so i just put in the rest o0)) nice use of th there, i especially like the way it links all the words even more, despite the fact that they have similar meaning, & its all just put together in a way that flows so naturally.

/these scars shape who i am and what i could never be./ that line love. i can practically taste the pain of it.

this is the poem that ive wanted to write for so long but i just havent been brave enough to, & i lovelovelove everything about it. beautifully written. Bex xx
i'll ask the stars above chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
gah.

"silence carves wounds

into my skin that the blades could never do"

that line blew me away. it shoved it's self in my face. bravo, love.
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
*blinks* oh wow... *deep breath* that's something has to sink in, but it lingers achingly, you know? I'm moved into awe and silence. So raw, so real.