Reviews for Trees Made Of Glass
greenGalilee chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Truly beautiful-both in choice of words and in meaning.
emeraude-irlandais chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
The fragility implied in "trees made of glass" reminds me of those petrified trees out west, you know? I know they really aren't that brittle- being 'alive' for so many years must count for something- but the way they really did look "frost-edged" and forlorn made me want to take one home and bring it back to life. Not recommended by the average park ranger, but it was a noble thought. :) bella
WickedSilence chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
This is simply beautiful in my opinion. I love the contrast between the solidity implied in your mention of trees and the fragility of glass. What makes this poem so wonderful, however, isn't your "special" format; it's the open interpretation you allow. One could read so many different stories in these four lines, and the individual words are pretty by themselves as well.

It was a pleasure to read this. Thanks for posting it. I look forward to seeing some more :)
Neurotic Consciousness chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I liked your reference to "trees of glass". The stoic tree coupled with fragile, exquisite glass, speaks to me of an illusion of strength and fortitude. Add in the "pandemonium of light", and I picture the fallacies of the institutionalized religions. The light that blinds is no better then utter darkness. This is a very deep poem. Personally, I love your style. Short, sweet, yet containing a profusion of meanings and images.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Of course, pandemonium is an excellent word to use anywhere, so this is cool if only because of that.

But there's so much more to like about it! "Trees made of glass" "pandemoium of light and shadows" "frost-edged evenfall": it's all good.

Why haven't you been discovered yet?

Felicia.