Reviews for love letters written in chalk
andrealiz chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
i like this. especially the part about how he never got to see the stars in the city. beautiful.
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
why do people love to assume? NO, this does not suck. this is, in fact, interestingly heavenly. the imagination here is potrtrayed evocatively:

"my reflection and i

share our memories of you

like they were omissions

of betrayals.".

somehow, the whole "not good enough" phase comes to my mind. stylish, as always.
by His blood chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
how did i not review this? i fucking love this. this has to be one of my favorites of yours. 'i am writing you love letters on the pavement' is just perfection. i love it. 'my reflection and i share our memories of you like they were omissions of betrayals' - fucking perfect, fuckiloveit. 'i draw stars next to my eyes with blue eyeliner and i paint your name across my fingertips' - beautiful, just beautiful. '(the secret is, you are all alone)' - perfect fucking ending. i never know what to say after reading your poetry. god, i love this. you couldn't write bad poetry if you tried, and that's being honest. iloveit.
C.J. Mahan chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
This is an extremely moving piece of poetry. "I draw stars for you because you always said how you never got to see them in the city" Such a wonderfully thoughtful and loving sentiment, that line really moved me, as well as the entire poem.
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Lol, it doesn't suck...ok this is weird, but the beginning reminded me of Mary Poppins that Disney movie when this Bert guy is drawing chalk pictures on the ground. Yeah, go figure. I think the anger in the rest of the poem fitted quite nicely. I like it! Love, Mia
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Ugh, so beautiful.

I think I'll go weep in my corner of emo now.

Its that beautiful.

- Noelle
Noir Fleurir chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
actually it wasnt that bad, i liked it
riotmaker chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
i absolutely love this. especially the first & second stanzas. it's just amazing. you write beautifully.

casey
classic violet chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
wow, vivid and so divine.

so gorgeous. i love the colours this portrayed.
x account closed x chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
you couldn't suck if you wanted to. end story.

i loved this. don't know if it was the stars, mentions of drawing with chalk, or betrayl, because i've always liked all three.

but it was most likely the way you weaved these words together, and gave them the meaning they've probably been searching for for years.

i love you cass. times a thousnad and two. you are like my 20 fluid ounces of at 4 am, i probably "could" live without it, but it would suck beyond words.
lackluster chapter 1 . 11/21/2006
"(I hope you choke on them)" hope is so useless sometimes.

i love the next-to-last stanza because drawing stars on your eyes is the most beautiful cliche.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
why should you apologize?

this doesn't suck at all. i love the theme. the stars, betrayal. god, it's so very you. i love.
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
"i’m spelling out your betrayal"

love that line & it doesn't 'suck' to me.
Ellin Louise chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
I really like the imagery in this poem, particualry in the first two verses.