Reviews for At the End
fairies and snapple chapter 5 . 1/9/2009
That's really touching, and I'm glad that you're feeling better. I hope you still are. I have a friend who's been struggling with anorexia for almost two years, and it's scary. So I hope you're better now. I'm sure you're beautiful.
this young lady chapter 5 . 11/3/2008
Well, according to what you've said here you left a very long time ago, but I'm still going to write this on the offchance that you still might see it one day.

All I want to say, really, is thankyou so much for sharing this. You've conveyed the fact that eating disorders quite literally eat your personality away in such a real and honest way. I have recently been suffering with anorexia, but reading this was probably the most significant thing that made me realise I could save myself and stop the calorie counting and food weighing and the endless exercise , and that I could get my life back. I am still permanently freezing cold, and don't have much energy, but my weight has stablised now and I am eating properly. I just wanted you to know that by writing this you kind of saved me in a way... made me realise that I just had to stop. As weird as all this sounds, its true, I was really affected by this piece.

I also want to say how sorry I am that you had to suffer as much as you did, and that I really hope that you are healthy and having a good time now, and that you now have some real friends that support you. I really hope bulimia isn't a part of your life remember to stay strong. You've been so brave, and you should be really proud of yourself.

thanks.

Lizzy x
sheisdressedinpoetry chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
this is so emotionally raw it's almost physically painful to read, but its horror is a reality and that makes it a necessity to understand and absorb

i hope, wherever you are, that you're flourishing
Juni chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
So, I haven't reviewed anything for awhile or talked to you, and I know this has been up for awhile, but it's pretty awesome. I've been seeing someone for my bulimia, so... impressive. I cried.

Not to sound all weird, but I hope you're not writing from personal experience. I'm only 20, but I spent around 8 years of my life making myself throw up and whatnot... If you ever want to talk or anything, feel free to email me or something.

I hope whatever you're working on is on here soon, I'm definitely interested. : ) You always write beautifully. I'll hopefully be posting again soon; I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and finish up some old stuff.

Anyway, hope you're well.

-Beth
generically beautiful chapter 5 . 3/27/2008
This was incredible. Thank you for sharing.

-Christine
Margot Tenenbaum chapter 5 . 6/7/2007
I don't know if you'll ever read this, since it says you've left fictionpress. However, I'm going to leave a review anyway. I'm quite disheartened that you've decided to leave the site for good, as I think you're one of the better authors on here! I thought this work was brilliant, emotional, raw and arresting. As someone who has struggled with weight issues and has seen close friends experience similiar conflicts, I want to thank you for having the courage to put up something so personal. You've done a great job capturing the reality of eating disorders.
anon chapter 5 . 2/4/2007
Thank you.
anon chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
There's a lot of truth here
mmmmmmmm chapter 5 . 1/11/2007
heartbreaking and disturbing and so intense.

good luck in the real world. they're not as nice as us out there. :)
notthecreepyfatguy chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
Oh god, this makes me so sad.
ossining chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
Wow. Seriously. This is so just incredibly heartbreaking to read. I may come back to read more later, but right now...I have to take a break. I've never had an eating disorder, so I can't relate to any of this, but reading this, the way it's written...I feel like I am this girl. I can see everything so clearly. I don't even feel like I should be making constructive comments on this because it feels too personal to be doing so. I'm sad to hear that you're leaving fictionpress, because I really did enjoy reading your writing. You have great talent, and I hope you take advantage of that in whatever you choose to do. Be well. Keep writing! :)
axis.on.a.tilt chapter 5 . 12/2/2006
I know you probably will never look at this website again, but I need to ask you a question:

Who wrote "Beauty in the Breakdown?" Because I've read it before, and now I can't find it. Some help would be appreciated!

WAK
Nghi chapter 4 . 11/30/2006
What if you have half of those symptoms in the story?

This is incredible, because it is, honestly, the first story I've read that could represent such a huge aspect of me. I count calories all the time. I pick apart my food, and I estimate everything. The helplessness this girl feels every fucking time you eat-it's real. The guilt, the shame, the irrational anger, the jealousy, everything. The emotions are there. I don't exercise too an extent as much as she does, because every time I DO exercise, I always gain weight. People tell me it's muscle weight, but in the end, weight is still weight, and I dread getting on my scale. It's not just a joking kind of fear; it is a phobia, an addiction. I hate it every time I step on the thing, but I HAVE to. I have to document how well I'm doing.

At this point, I am too overwhelmed with with the content of the story rather than the nitpicks of the grammar.

-Nghi
waterdragon719 chapter 5 . 11/30/2006
First off, your writing is beautiful. Sad it's the last thing you are posting. A few typos here and there, but hey, nobody is perfect ;)

Secondly, when I read this I was shocked about how serious it was. I honestly don't know a lot about eating disorders, and this has really opened up the spectrum for me. Thanks a lot.

Glad you are recovering. Hope your life is full of parties, guys and good food...

waterdragon719
i'll ask the stars above chapter 5 . 11/29/2006
I'll be sad to see you go. This was amazing. I'm glad your in recovery now, I have no idea what it's like to be completely trapped, but I've been battling EDNOS for the last two years, and it...hurts, for lack of a better word.