Reviews for Careless words
Getuie chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
I like the point you make about 'sharing everything'. It kinda made me think in general about how we tend to wish to be 'known'. We want to make a difference and silently long to be known or it... and it brought a question to mind: If we can look at the amazing things Jesus did for us and shrug in indifference then how can we expect to be 'known' and 'seen' for whatever great things we do? ... just a thought.
Anastasia Who chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
This is awesome. Very powerful and a great encouraging message. Thanks for sharing.
Erlkoenigin chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
ein ergreifendes Gedicht! Alles ist so selbstverständlich als ob es ein altes Volkslied wäre!

LG

Franziska
Jareth the Monk chapter 4 . 4/18/2012
Finally I got online to give a review. This one flows like one of those music boxes with the little ballerina that spins when you open it. Reminds me of Wynona Rider from Beetlejuice in all her black-cowled goth glory (I really liked her in that movie). It took me a minute to see the rhythm but I got it now. How about adding a line, something like, "Thorns protect it from the picking/ But cannot fight the snow/ Love has no choice in how it dies/ Through blood or frozen cold." It doesn't match your beat, but the meaning is the same. Anyway, I'll be back for more soon.
eyes of sky chapter 4 . 4/18/2012
Good use of colour imagery, and I like the bluntness of "She was my everything / and now she is dead"
Erlkoenigin chapter 3 . 4/18/2012
Eindrucksvoll. Glücklicherweise ist mir diese Situation fremd, aber du schaffst es, dass der Leser mitleidet. Auch die Wiederholungen machen das Gedicht geradzu schmerzlich präsent.
Getuie chapter 3 . 4/18/2012
Sad... and reflecting so many different forms of abuse even if not so intended... And mournfully a very real reflection on what happens.
Ironic Presence chapter 3 . 4/18/2012
I feel this way a lot, but now it's because I'm the one doing it to me, not someone else. It's only because of exactly what you said.
Erlkoenigin chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
Ich bin fast versucht zu sagen: gut, dass es vorbei ist, aber es ist ja ein Gedicht und als solchen gut gelungen, vor allen auch die letzte Zeile.
bipedalcooney chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
Nicley written, I like this a lot. Vivid feeling in this. Great work and keep writing.
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Das Gedicht hat einen schönen Rhythmus und ist auch sonst eindringlich. Mit den Mails ist es dasselbe: schnell geschrieben, ab durch die Mitte und dann kommt die Reue.
Getuie chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
A very unique piece by you in terms of format. I can't recall having seen anything you've written like it before. It is so open... so revealing of emotion without really touching on actions. Perfect flow and rhyming. The whole poem really struck me but it was especially the second to last stanza that resonated with my spirit. I frequently find myself trying to grow a stone wall over my heart... to keep myself from sharing or exposing anything... a desperate attempt to keep from getting hurt while my soul cries for help... The switch in the last stanza kind of flicks one away from the whole flow... bringing everything to a stand still as the question is asked. And leaves one pondering for an answer. Well done.
Anastasia Who chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Great poem and so very sad. I can feel the pain through these words and I understand the torment that careless words cause. Very deep poem and very nicely written. The ending is perfect. It provides a hope for moving on and of learning to forgive and yet a foreshadowing of how hard the path to forgiveness is and the long trek to get there. I love your poems. Keep up the great work.
Luneko chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I love how the short lines and stanzas and the simple abab rhyme scheme give an almost frantic feel. I can almost sense the speaker gaining in momentum until she pauses to take a breath before the last stanza. Powerful in its simplicity and humanity.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
So embittered and genuine.