Reviews for Grace of the Sea
PhoenixAura chapter 2 . 3/8/2007
Hey, thanks for the kudos! :D Yeah, it makes more sense now you've noted the marakihau. Can't wait to see more.

By th way, TheAlmightyNinjaGnomes, if you're reading this, in regards to how to pronounce marakihau, it's pronounced as mah-rah-kee-ho.
Shoushin Jiyuu chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
AS usual, you have written another fantastic story! Even though nothing much happened in this chapter, I can tell this is going to be an interesting story. Sorry I haven's read your stories in awhile. I got caught up with school. What else was I going to say? Oh,yes! Go to . The website will tell you about a ten day writing class that takes place sometime this summer. There will be a lot of published authers there who will be giving lectures and will give up some writing tips. If you are interested just write a 2,0 to 6,0 story and send it in. If you get excepted you get to go to Pennslyvania(I believe i spelled that wrong) and learn from published authers!

ANyway keep going with your story. Now I'm off to read the next chapter!
Marie Ellen chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
I just read both chapters! I really like it so far, although your description of the myth makes it seem as if the sea serpents are sort of vicious. What do they do when they find husbands? Drag them back to sea?

Grace doesn't seem like that, she seems more afraid of her own kind, and she doesn't want to go back. But I'd like to see some more background on her; what was it like to live as a sea serpent, what sort of things occupied her time? Making her more alien to the humans would be an interesting contrast as well.

Great story! I look forward to Chapter 3!
KIKI'SShineyButtons chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Wow. I love this story, please keep writing! I always love to see fresh mythology. .
Rio's Desire chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
Glad to see you are going to continue on with this story. one little error I noticed: 'and were surly related' surely you mean surely and not surly? However, I really loved your words in the first paragragh about human legs, I had never really thought of that before. We really aren't that graceful compared to a bird flying or a fish swimming, even when dancing. I have to say that is a really cool myth, I have never heard of it before, I guess don't know of any New Zealand myths.
TiggerTheParalympian chapter 2 . 2/20/2007
Heh, glad to see I've inspired someone to continue a story of theirs.

Lol, just an observation though - not a criticism at all, or maybe it is depedning on the way you take it - but 'Tomas'. Every story like this i read seems to have a character called Tomas in it (spelt that precise way). Oh and it was great to hear the details of this marakihau -how'se that pronounced by the way?. Should come in useful as a bed-time story at one point ...

Anyways, I can take anything away from this story: it's well-paced and interesting. And I'll certainly be 'tuning in' for more. Thanks for the reveiw on 14,202 MFH - glad ya like it, and I thought the title was pretty good also, however I have seemed to hit a worrisome snag with it. My penpal from New Zealand is have a major crisis with her homework and how much work she's got to do etc so the production rate of chapter has slowed dramatically - we're also ironing out some points that we thought were unfeasable and changing the plot direction slighty.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for your review and to keep the writing!

Rio's Desire chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
I think you should defintely continue on with this story, don't wait for more reviews, I think you have something here, and what it is, I know not, but post your other chapters!
Voldy's Worst Nightmare chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
i don't know about everyone else but i think you should keep on writing it. it's brilliant! keep it up!

PhoenixAura chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
I think you should continue on with it, it sounds sort of familiar but I can't remember which legend you're basing it on...

Orevet Namlik chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
This seems interesting so far - I think you should finish it. Is it based just on the existence of the creature, or is there a whole story about an individual one?

GryffindorsQueen chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
which mythology is this...? *confused* i don't remember hearing a Maori myth like this one...