Reviews for Friends are like Shoes
LyricsArePoetry chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Brilliant! love the comparison
Dani P chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
I liked the overall idea of the poem, but how it was written...not so much. My favorite line is "When your barefoot you will regret it" though the your should be you're (for you are).

You have potential to make this a great poem, but you need to learn to choose your words carefully, cut down on the amount of words to make it flow, and leave some of the poem open to interpretation.
Suze-Booze chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
This is my take on it; i like poems with either rhymes or rhythm. I found it a little in disorder, if u know what i mean... but other than that, i loved the main idea!

Write on, person!
Cherushii chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Monicurl30

Oh and I'm very well aware, that's why I blocked you, and yes i know how to do that too.

Oh and I erased the LIST that took me over twenty minutes... and its for manga/anime users not YOU, even though just to be nice I did erase it, and I put a warning on my other on disclaiming and stating I knew the rules beforehand.

So don't read something just to warn someone that...

...BTW, HAVE A NICE DAY..._
beatrice is hot chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Cute.

Advice: don't push the simile. Friends are like shoes. Yes. If your reader read the title, then s/he will understand your point. You don't need to beg the question in the poem.

The best example of this is the last line: "When your left friendless and barefoot you will regret it."

Point 1: "your" should be "you're". Watch that stuff.

Point 2: Like I said, don't shove the meaning at us-it would have been subtler, classier, just to say "When you're left barefoot you will regret it." Let the simile speak for itself.

Chose words careful and use them sparingly in poetry, and your verse will be more subtle-stronger, too, and prettier.