Reviews for The Girl for Me
Ibbit chapter 17 . 1/21/2016
I love this so much. Some of the trans terms seem wrong to me, but definitions are very personal sometimes, so eh. I love how you can actually see the characters change and see their thoughts mold. I love the way you have the POV set, where it bounces around and leaves no rock unturned, and their internal dialogue. I love both of the main characters, although I wish there were more supporting characters, friends or whatnot. I couldn't tell you who my favorite was, only because I love them equally. You feel such sorrow for Dani when she hates her body, and such warmth for Kevin for being so caring and patient with her. And Dani for being so supportive and important. Politics may be a hard choice for Kevin, only because politicians can be so seedy and awful. The right people often can't survive. Your way of explaining things, like how people think about others or themselves, is amazing and I wish I could carry around note-cards of your quotes to throw at people. This is wonderful, and I'm glad it exists.
~ibbit
T.M chapter 17 . 12/8/2015
At first when I thought to reviem this story I wanted to use big fancy eloquent words to explain how much I loved this story; its characters ; its tone but now I realize I don't want to comment on that.

Not beacause your writing isn't good, believe me it's actually fantastic to say the least, but what I wanted to comment on is the message of this story.

This story made me think and I mean really think. About life; society and the stigmas and

stereotypes we create. This is a brilliant well written story and I can honestly sit had an impact on me and I will forever treas ure it for that.
hermionebear chapter 17 . 12/6/2015
Thank you for this story! I really liked it, it made me think about a lot of things as well.
Danielle Pokorny chapter 17 . 10/5/2015
Man, I'm surprised by how much I love this story. The reason being that I rarely like high school settings. Of course, this is one of those rarities. Since it's left open, is all right for me to think that Dani might be gender fluid? I know I'm probably wrong, but that's kind of what my interpretation of her is.
Insanity Fuels My Imagination chapter 17 . 7/16/2015
I really enjoyed reading this story, mostly because it is one of a few stories with a transgender main character and it's great that this one is well written and funny as well. I'm glad that, in the end, Kevin and Dani's lives are going to go well :)
Guest chapter 17 . 6/20/2015
I first read this story in 2008 and seven years later it's still as good as I remembered.
miss-reads-alot chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
I know you probably get this quite a bit, but do you by any chance allow people to download this story? It is a really great read, I've read it about 20 or so times by now. I absolutely enjoy everything about this story.

miss-reads-alot :)
Susan chapter 17 . 4/18/2015
i just finished reading this story " the girl for me" .i know you wrote it almost 8 years ago. Darn good story. You should publish it..good luck
Guest chapter 17 . 4/11/2015
Loved the ending.i was wondering how you were going to bring in Uncle Keith's plan, it was brilliant.
TheoLavigne chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
11th time reading !
Melissa chapter 17 . 4/5/2015
This was a great story, I love it.
Montel chapter 17 . 12/27/2014
This book was beautiful probably the best one I ever read. I loved all the characters Dani and Kevin were such good and Dynamic characters. I would love someone like Kevin in my life and Dani was so lovable. However the epilogue disappointed it was not the ending I was looking for I think it would have been bothDani and Kevin were both in saying they love eaxhoter or something otherwise really good book.
eucebo chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
I really liked it! Is there any way to download the full story? I much rather read in my e-reader instead of the pc... I can come back to make comments here, but I really want to read it there 3
Guest chapter 13 . 11/2/2014
I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS STORY
PencilsCameras chapter 17 . 10/20/2014
Haha, great book. Love the ending. (I really need to start favoriting things now...)
424 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »