Reviews for The Girl for Me
WiseCrack chapter 13 . 1/12/2007
This story provokes me into lots of thinking and thinking. Good thing or bad thing? Ima guess it's good.

I think i got it down now why I didn't like Danny so much in the first place: he was just so damn perfect. It's not that we couldn't see his perfections (for one thing, he's kinda a hothead), just that it wasn't visible to Kevin (until recently), and I guess his admittin it to Kevin kinda transcended him into a likable level for me. And what's more, is that you've got them in such a nice balance with each other - where one falters the other's there to back him up and vice versa. Yin and yang, y'might say and I saw that element in this chapter. Nice flow, nice flow.

So yeah, ahaha, about the mofos... I never really thought bout it that way. Not being their fault for being mofos. But I guess it's the same for bein gay: can't help bein gay, and some people can't help bein a**holes. Naah, just playin. I kinda get what you mean, but it's still kinda hazy to me. So what Danny means is that, he understands where the college bro's friend is comin from.. well backtrack to what I said with Danny bein insecure and him actin out those insecurities... is it the same thing for the mofos (i dunno what else to call them b/c Danny doesn't seem to think they ain't mofos no more)? Hmm.

And I gotta tell you, the meeting with Mr. Denner and Danny was anti-climactic. I mean, I was expectin drama since the phone call indicated somethin like that. Mr. Denner preachin on bout the sins of homosexuality. But Kevin was expectin that too, wasn't he? And he got somethin else.

But the ending - that was great. I'll be damned.
lalalalelelel chapter 13 . 1/10/2007
:-)
diebyownhands chapter 13 . 1/10/2007
Danny thought, Well... maybe a LITTLE pink...

I found that so cute, actually every ending to the scenes was cute.

They are clearly acting like an 'old' couple each knowing how to handle the other.

Very nice XD
calamity jane chapter 13 . 1/10/2007
So good, so good, so good! I just luv the way they work things out! Kudos to the writer! Poor Josh and his brother! LOL Hopefully this is a turning point for Kev's father.
mandrake-o chapter 13 . 1/10/2007
Un-opened model aeroplanes. How typical. I sympathise with being a packrat. I was only allowed one box when we moved a few years ago. Most of those things are still in that one box...

Okay, that was irrelevant. Mostly just letting you know I'm still reading because I still think this story's great.

) Mandraco.
Faded Stardust chapter 12 . 1/9/2007
This story is so cute! I like how it deals with Trans issues in a real way and the fact that it's pace is very natural feeling, not too fast like a lot of fics you'd see, good job!

I also like the slash/yaoi fangirlness of Dani's family!

Keep up the good work!

~Mi
WiseCrack chapter 12 . 1/7/2007
Man, now that is one confused teenager right there. I sympathize with the kid's confusion, but for some reason, I'm feelin that Danny ain't seem to be as honest as Kevin is. I dunno, but maybe, it's just his confusion that's makin him real insecure and in turn he's just always teetering in the middle of the fence. I just dunno. I just want him to fall, one way or another (or both if possible), already. It's never that easy tho. But it's good he's figurin out for himself. I kinda like him more now.

Now, the first paragraph, is just bomb. The good way. Shades of gray, D, shades of gray. It's so damn easy to tape labels onto everything but it'll just make it harder to respect and accept later on. It sucks he's feelin confused and is despairin over it, but it's better than those mofos from chapter four. They might be proud of what they are, but they've closed their minds to others' different sexualities and just focus on what they've already stamped on their heads. They're GAY MEN and that's that. Ironic, really.

I'm just lovin the first part of the story. I love the other parts, too, cuz they both got some good lovin down but this unravels D a little bit. Went a little crazy, but it's all good.

And hey, you got your teenage slang down pat real good. I mean, for Kevin and D, it just comes out naturally and it's believable, not obnoxious. It's the real deal yall, fo' sho!

Keep it comin
Inherent chapter 12 . 1/6/2007
I'm extatic. For two reasons. 1: Fictionpress alerts and e-mails are back. 2: This chapter and the last was amazing. I loved the whole process Danny went through to realize who he is, even if he doesn't fully know. And I liked how Kevin acted. It was great.
calamity jane chapter 12 . 1/6/2007
Oh wow, awesome chapter! Luvd it all from beginning to end. The fun, the fear, the fire (you had me nervous there for a minute) *whew*, the self-discovery, and finally admitting their feelings for each other (I was smiling)! I luv the way Kev just accepts Dan the way s/he is and the way Dan understands Kev. The whole chapter just flowed together so naturally. Great job of writing! Can't wait for more! There is more, yes?
diebyownhands chapter 12 . 1/6/2007
this is cute, sweet angsty and just wonderful.

I have nothing else to say.
Kian chapter 12 . 1/6/2007
hm.. im not sure what to think of this chappy too...

I thought Danny was through 'dressing up'. I mean he gave his dresses away, didn't he? and he wanted Kevin to treat him like a guy too. I don't know... I kinda like our boys to stay as boys..
calamity jane chapter 11 . 1/3/2007
Hm, not sure how I feel about this chapter. I was feeling kinda bad for Kev, even tho he deserves to be "raked over the coals", and then I thought Dan was being a little bitchy, but s/he def has the right to be.

I liked his conversation w/Stacey and hope it helps Dan to figure things out.

After all I'd have to say I did like this chapter. We knew the "recovery" process for our boys wasn't going to be easy, but at least they've started.
lalalalelelel chapter 11 . 1/1/2007
Thanks. I was wondering when you were gonna bring the trans thing up. I feel like you should have it clear in your mind what Dany/i is, because I keep going back and forth, trying to figure out what s/he is. Unless, of course, that's the point. B/c Dany/i's rejection in the last couple chapters doesn't seem like denial or anything, so I am confused about that. Anyway, this is a really intriguing story and I am really glad I decided to read it. I hope to see more soon!
WiseCrack chapter 11 . 1/1/2007
Oh ok now. There's Danny. Dani. Daniel. Yeah. At least, D's getting there.
calamity jane chapter 10 . 12/27/2006
Well good for Kevin! Coming out in school the way he did and inspiring others, very brave and very cool! I just wish he'd told Danny how he felt tho when he found out he'd gone to the doctor by himself. I like the way you're introducing new characters, Josh sounds like a very interesting 1.

I knew Uncle Keith had plans for Kevin, and I get such a laugh out of Danny's mom. Maybe the 2 should meet! ;)

The way you wrote the last scene was beautiful! A cold bleak wintery January night in an empty parking lot, becoming a musical filled, beautiful winter's night for Kevin was just ... perfect somehow (it really fits our boys). As you wrote tho, Kev has a lot to make up for.

As always, looking forward to your next update. Happy New Year all!
425 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »