Reviews for There Are No Faces Here
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
I loved this poem for it's haunting grittiness, and how it is so ingratiated in teen melodrama and the realism of drugs and their side effects. However, I wouldn't be a good review if I didn't point out that some of the formatting hurts instead of helps your work. I don't understand the '\' and '/' that bracketed the second last paragraph. Were they just there 'just because'? They didn't really help get a message across, atleast not for me.

Well, there's my overtly bitchy imput sorted.

- Clap Trap, from Review Marathon (link in my profile)
Faith Adeline chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
I cannot tell you how much I love this poem. It's so. . . wow. Just the imagery and the wording of some of the sentences is frocking awesome. I love it. It's awesome.

Faith
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
I found this slightly disturbing, but I have to agree with the previous reviewer. There are several stunning lines scattered throughout this piece, but they're hidden among other "good, but not great" lines. But I must say, there's some underlining sensuality that I picked up from the darkness. Was that intentional or just my own interpretation?

Much love,

Bleached Roses
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
this whole piece is very good, although i have to say the changes in quality within it are pretty big. you have something like this-

"(this, you will explain to me later, with your voice calm, is the fucked up society… and we call this life? You will laugh as you tell me that this ex-heaven is a beautiful hell, and this world is as polluted as our minds)"

-which certainly isn't bad, but when compared to this-

"You will see yourself in the mirror, fogged up, with secret messages in your face and debate the consequence of forever."

-it ends up seeming subpar. Thing is, I think you're an amazing writer, and you could bring all of it up to that quality. If you had a story full of that less-good-but-still-good, I'd love it and I'd never even suggest improvement, but with the contrast it kinda sticks out.

okay, please don't take this too negatively. there are some stunningly beautiful lines in here, and with a plotline that could easily fall to cliche, you keep it fresh and wrenchingly beautiful. very good job.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
i don't remember if i commented this on your 'space. i should have, because the first time i read it, i stopped. remembered to breathe. went back. and did it all again. but miss thang, if i didn't tell you before, wellthen. you have such a taste for the grittybeautifulbrokenawful. and you rock it hard & sideways right here. i get excited when you post new things, yanno.
this is stardust chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
beautiful
lastchance02 chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
This piece really hits hard. It makes me hold my breath at times and laugh humorlessly to myself. It's very real. I won't hesitate to read another piece of yours.
Idiot Pilot chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
I like the story, though I think the formatting is a bit distracting. I like the line about inhaling opium like incense, and rolling joints from the bible, and "You were much prettier without a face."
i'll ask the stars above chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Suicide note are for the ones who want to be saved, you whispered into your palms at night, and one time, you denied existence- this just jumped out at me. i kept coming back to it, and the tone just set the scene for me. fogged windows and showers and drugs. sex and rock roll is dead, we're just bored.

yeah, i liked this.