Reviews for A letter
theworldisred chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
This is really good. I really liked the line: " Let's pretend that dawn slips through the leaves too early and fades when you are whispering her name into your covers." It makes me feel so nostalgic. Also, the line, "For I am failing daily, and I feel like I can't coherently express what it is I'm dying to say." really hit close to home with me, as well. I think we all feel like that sometimes and I'm sure we all believe that it is a horrible feeling.

great piece. :)
Pryor chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
My God that's beautiful. If this is your writer's block I can't imagine how gorgeous everything else must be. Carpe Diem indeed. (seize the day, yes?)
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
This is wonderful and unique. I've seen many pieces on writer's block (I always find it interesting how when we're searching for things to say, we can always write about how we can't find anything to say), and I've never seen one in this format before. So yay for being different. I do love the first paragraph of this especially - the images you've created are vivid and I can really see everything that's going on. And I do think the rest of the piece is very relatable for so many writers. All of us go through patches where we can't write anything we feel is worthy of being written in the first place, and it's disheartening, but when we think that someday we will be able to write something beautiful and breathtaking, it makes things so much easier. I've definitely been here before, and I'd like to think that I'm at a very good place creatively right now, so I am happy with that. Just know that this is beautiful and you'll be back in no time with that gorgeous poetry you mention here. Keep writing! :)