Reviews for The Nothing
Ronnie chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
When you described him, you said so many things about his being nothing, it almost made it seem like he was so many things. And then it is counter balanced when you say that he is filled with more passion and emotion than he had ever known (which would more than likely be hardly any). I like that, and you said nothing 26 times in this story, so by the end, nothing starts to seem like something. As if there is more to it than we know. I like this one alot.
Brown chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
So Joseph, while those trapped in nothing must change, does nothing ever change? "Everything" must constantly change, but nothing seems like it's constant.

Great tale. You're quite a writer, although this seems to be more of a prose poem than a story. Excellent use of metaphor.
Melissa chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
I had to re-read it to fully enjoy the mastery of the extended metaphor. My only criticism is the repetition of the word "nothing" in the fifth pragraph. I fully understand the meaning of it, and the need, as it is the title; I just find myself tripping on it by the end. The language is dripping with sensory imagery. The archetypal journey towards the light takes a new twist in this piece.
Exiled-Knight chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
That was really beautiful. I haven't reviewed in forever, so pardon how lame they will be. I loved the descriptions as always, the story was simple yet complex, and the final image was so beautiful. Great job, you are back and better then ever :D
Darklight Shadow chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
Okay.. I don't really know how to describe your story. It seemed to be a little dark and I would like to know more about this 'wraithy vampire thing'. I hope you are going to continue this story if that's possibe. Anyway, this is a great story, albeit a little short but that's okay because you are a good writer. Well done!