Reviews for In God We Trust
Nemonus chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Good points. I want punctuation, and I want "god" capitalized, but the rhythm is good (except for the punctuation problems) and the words are appropriate for the political statement that this is. Which could be a good or bad thing...
Ronnie chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Hi Joseph.

I like the poem. I am just sitting at home alone right now and I am sad to say that I can't stop crying. I have been listening to old messages you left me and reading old notes. I love you so much and I can't believe you're gone. The reason I am on fiction press is because I remembered you had your stories on here and I figured you probably never really go on anymore. Then I saw that you updated only a few days ago ( i think). I came here because I thought it would be a way to write to you and possibly you would never read it. I don't know if you will and i don't know if you will even come on this website agian. anyways, I am really having a hard time, I thought I was okay on monday but now i am back to where i started. I cant tell myself i dont love you and i cant make it not hurt. how do i make it not hurt? I want to know so many things and I know i will never know them, i cant fucking stop crying. I hatehatehate everything and all i want to do all i want to do is go back to 8 months ago when i was happy. i cant get happy. i cant. i think about how you are moving every day and it makes me feel sick everytime i think about it. I hate feeling sick but i always do. i hate this. I hate. I hate that i love you and you dont want me. I hate feeling like i am being pushedf farther away every day. I hate. god. I hate how i have so many questions to ask but i cant bring it up, i have to tell myself you dont want me because i need to feel better. It makes it hurt more. all i want is to be happy. i cant get there. I stopped coming to lunch in hopes that it would keep me from having to watch you be interseted in other girls. I cant get away from it, you like them more than me. A few months ago i could have been at your house doing thigs with you. I love you and i loved you and i cant fucking stop. What is wrong with me and why am io doing this to myself? why am i writing this? why am i alone? why? i dont get it.i cant listen to you talk about who you think is hot and i cant watch you hug these girls anymore. I cant get away. I want you and i cant have you. I want you so bad. I want you to call me just to say hi, just so i know you still care about me. I dont want to be called your ex.

I dont want to be called that. NO. what the hell am i doign right now? I wish you would just call me and say ronnie i love you, dont be so down. Maybe we will meet up someday. We should get together sometimes. I love you. I want you back. I wish you wanted me. I cant stop hurting. my god what am i doing.

somebody help me. i love you. god this hurts so bad. I cant even explain how this feels. if you end up reading this i am sorry for writing this. im sorry you read it. Im sure it doesnt matter. in a way i hope you dont read this. I know if you do you will probably avoid me in fear I might break down at school. This is what is keeping me from breaking down, writing all of this random shit that i am feeling. Im sorry. I love you. I love you so much it hurts, but in a good way (quoted, you said this to me) I love you so much joseph. If i had you back I would do so many things different. You got me too early in life, i am young and i wasnt experienced. I am so sorry. If i had you back i would not have done a lot of the things i did, you would probably like me better. I am so sorry. i love you.

is
Exiled-Knight chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Very very political? I don't know, I agree with you on a lot of this, but not all of it. But if we wish to talk politics, oh boy what fun, we can do that in an easier setting. Good poem though.
Delete this account right now chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Its a war to get the terrorists to stop terrorizing the Iraqis and everyone in general, not for money. Those that hate the "ragheads" as you disrespectfully called them really have not a clue why we fight. Unfortuneatly this is a world where you have to fight- not for money (politicians are truly very bad and occassionally greedy, but not nearly as evil as you think)- but to sustain that which is right. Why? Because the bad does not negotiate. And, most importantly, those in the Middle East are literally trained to hate the entirity of the Western culture since they wish to dominate. Likewise, show respect to the army, they keep you safe. I'm not sure what you mean by "kill the martyrs", if you wish to call those Americans who die to sustain your disrespect you can, but to call those in the Middle East martyrs when the go out and cause it themselves isn't exactly wise. And lastly: the majority of politicians have partaken in the army and fought in wars, but now the time has come for them to lead us. If they could fight, I'm sure they would- but they have to remain alive so that we can have someone to be head over us lest we succumb to anarchy. I didn't agree with anything in this poem, but it is well written I suppose.

-Sivan Ilius