Reviews for Frozen in Time
PindrakeCake chapter 8 . 8/25/2008
C: this story is like, mad interesting. too bad it doesn't look lik you'll be updating it anytime soon...oh well...it deserves more reviews though!
Liviania chapter 8 . 11/19/2007
Amazing story - the characters are properly mysterious but still accessible, and I love the narrator's disdain of the boy's intelligence.

I can't wait to read the next chapter . . . the story's so absorbing I was quite startled when there wasn't more to read.

Livi
Sinor chapter 8 . 8/6/2007
Yay! You updated again! I love this story too much to just drop it, and I hope that you update again soon! Good chapter, good story. Keep it up!
FlyingCarpets chapter 8 . 8/4/2007
I loved the moment when myrrh said 'gloat later' and pinched samne's cheek. It was so fitting into the mood that I'd say you hit a mood bull's eye with it : D

oh my, the mystery! can't wait to read more :33 Blah, I should go write too, but my cousins come in few hours so... eh. I'm pathetic XDD

love ya
FlyingCarpets chapter 7 . 6/1/2007
Ok, I know that I have already spammed you with mails etc (I hope you got them, especially the longest one :B) but I've finished reading this story and want to share my feelings before I forget details _

So, YAY. I really enjoyed reading this. But it's too SHORT, hello, write more? : D

I certainly liked it more than LSBL, maybe because I can catch the main line here better. The story is interesting. what's really curious is the fact that you really succeed in intertwining serious solemn tone of written legend/tale with lots of funny details (like this magic bubble and the main hero sticking notes to his father on it or pink roses) and sarcasm, coming from the characters (I especially loved the outdoor torture chamber as a garden comment in the last chapter : D) and from time to time, ironical remarks from the scribe himself who doesn't seem to have the highest oppinion about the adventures of our angel boy.

What I love:

oh, many things, the fact that it really sounds like a tale and on the other hand it doesn't, due to dialogues. it gives the story this funny style that I quite enjoy

secondly, the story is light. I mean, it's somehow easy to read and what's more important - easy to imagine. and you have points for this

thirdly, quite random thing but I really like the idea of the of Myrrh seing the angel's older self. Smirking XD This really vivid and imagination provoking (like most things in this story) and gives the unique smirking feel to it all of it XD

there are surely more things I like, but now I have questions.

There were moments that I have not understood clearly. so now I want to ask things or list things that could be written more distinctly. They will be asked in random order XD

1. From what you wrote i got the feeling that between the time when Myrrh sees angel for the first time and second time, there is maybe a 3 hours break, but then suddenly we get to know that the boy has actually waited for him whole week due to Myrrh being somewhere else babysitting. But I think it's bacause of narration from two points of view (although its still told by the scribe so nvm XD) and therefore the use of some sort of flashbacks we can say

2. How many doors did Myrrh destroy? because for me from the text it seems that 2, is it right or I got confused?

3. Nikola is a guy, right?

4. Is the angel boy somehow connected with current Satan? Because why would lucifer's scribe (although self-appointed) write a story about some random boy?

5. The boy's father's name is Metatron... and he is half dragon.

Do you still mean that he is the voice of god (and which god if there are many as it seems?) and what is his position and 'job' at all? and why is he so important and why so many scandals would occure while saying things anout him (like comparing him to his son)?

6. explain what's with nine hells and heaven, how they influence the story, and how things there work, because I already figured these are not the plain, ordinary places as we know them. especially half angel half dragons seem strange to me O_o

7. How long time has the boy spent in the tower so far? Is it 37 years? because if so, the dialogue seems a bit off. I think though they seems to live endlessly they count days like days, and hours like hours, so isn't it strange that Myrrh never asked the boy a word about auras or what his previous tutors taught him even though they have already spent YEARS in each other company. and does the boy grow? or does he need - like 10 years to grow or something?

8. What is mermeraa?

9. now the meat-soup dillema that bothers me. you said

“Take meat soup for an example. Basically, you need for it only water, potatoes, some carrots and swedes, beans if you have any and – in case you have got no shortage of ingredients – spices. Nothing hard to obtain, although some of the spices might prove to be a problem if you are in the middle of a forest during winter.”

well, if it is MEAT soup why do you list only vegetables here...?

10. Who is Myrrh? He knows cotton candy. He seems to be from another world. Where do those legends come from, did he do something important apart from surrounding his tower with obstacles? And why the hell he has a halberd?

well, I guess I had more questions but I don't remember them at the moment ._.

now, in some places there are problems with the style of sentences, and some grammatic ones. Mostly it's that a phrase should be put in other words to sound more naturally. But you're not native speaker and nor am I one, so, nevermind, or if you want me to point these places out, I can try

'When he woke up he was screaming a bloody murder.'

I can't figure out what you mean here :B that he woke up screaming? is 'to scream a bloody murder' some phrasal verb I don't know ._.?

“If the name or the deeds are recognized as his then no.”

“Recognized by who?” the boy inquired getting an amused look from his teacher as his reward.

I'd say that you should use 'whom' instead of 'who' but I may be wring after all :B

ok, so, I think I'm done with this review XD sorry for longiness :B but I really needed to know these things! I want more chapters of this story! I can't wait, It's enchanting :3!

ps. write me a short note if you're still alive and tell me if you got the mails.
Sinor chapter 7 . 5/14/2007
YAY! YOU UPDATED! WH00T! You make me very happy. I love this story, even if you take forever to update. XD I don't mind that much. Nothing much to say, except that this is an amazing chapter, as per usual, and update soon!
Noihseret chapter 6 . 3/10/2007
meat soup? hmm... a vegitarian nightmare I'm sure. lol.

“I don't usually conjure the food up – I cook it, manually.”

heehee. nice responce.

what an interesting story. I really love this
Sinor chapter 6 . 3/7/2007
YAYZ! You updated! Tee hee...meat soup...I'm gonna go look up a recipe for meat soup now...*skulks off to do that*

Good chappie! Update soon!
Sinor chapter 5 . 2/18/2007
YAYZ! You updated! Mehehehehehehehehehehe...foreshadowing...ze plot thickens! I really liked this chapter. It's funny and serious and silly all at the same time. Update soon please!
Noihseret chapter 5 . 2/14/2007
"Their second meeting resulted in the death of one sturdy library door. ...Kids these days." lol!

I love your writing style! it's beautiful and very effective I love the way you described the boy in the dark. his fear felt so real and I could honestly connect with him. I liked the pace of this chapter also, very mysterious. I can't wait for more!
Noihseret chapter 3 . 2/14/2007
this is such a great story! probably one of my favourites I wonder what's up with the tower...? good luck Redea!
Noihseret chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
oh wow, this is going to be amazing! I can tell. I think this is one of your best works so far I can not wait for chapter 1!
Sinor chapter 4 . 1/9/2007
YAY! You updated! You have just made my day! This chapter was extremely good as well, and you explained how...I forget what his name is...got out of the icicle pit! How sad is it that I can't even remember the main characters name? Sigh...I blame schoolwork. It's sucking my brain out. Hope you update soon!
roflcopter chapter 4 . 1/9/2007
this is excellent XD
Sinor chapter 3 . 12/26/2006
YAY! You updated! This chapter is very good, and now I'm extremely curious! How is Redea going to get out of the pit? And what about the tower? Is is not a tower? Hurry and update soon, please!