Reviews for A gentle hand a painful kick
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
oh my gosh, wow, i'm glad you had a friend like him who helped you out, my thoughts are to dark to type regarding the other events.
The way you delvered your story was done very well though, building up from rising action to climax, resloution, falling action, all was in place, all fell in line perfectly.
nasimrochester chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
SUCH AN ASS! Do people really do stuff like that for no reason? I don't see any fun in it!
lymli chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
I would hit that stupid guy, I really hate people like him, but I think you are lucky since there are true friends too, in the end the only important thing is having true friends, you know, so ignore those stupid bullies.
5by5 chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
There's no way to explain why someone would do that to anybody. People are just horrible. I'm really sorry that happend to you.
flies.like.decay chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Hmm.. Awhile back, you said if I didn't like your poetry to read some of your other stuff. I'm lazy on and offline and just got around to it.

Anyhow. The paragraphs in this are really long. I probably should've got upset like everybody else, though a little later, but stuff happens and it really just bothers me that the paragraphs are so long. It makes it harder to read.

The schools systems are pretty crappy, huh? Teachers never monitor anything. I was sexually abused at school, but I eliminated that problem (I simply didn't go. But then again, I'm in good physical condition so it was probably a lot easier!).

Yeah. Anyhow. I feel like talking, but I don't know what to say. I don't believe in saying sorry to people it's not going to help. And when people get mad because of something that happened, it just irritates me even more. So that's out of the question. Maybe I'll just read some more of your stuff. A bit late, but GOD HAVE SOME APPRECIATION. Oh...
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Oh my God. Is this a true story? I was getting sick to my stomach as I was reading this. I can't believe someone would be so awful as to do that to you. I can't believe someone would be so awful as to do that to anyone. And yet, they still do. I can't imagine the pain you've gone through, and yet you're still so nice and you didn't let it affect your personality and turn you into a person full of hate. That takes a lot. A heck of a lot. I hope that one day the person that did that to you will realize what he's done and I hope he finally gives you the respect you deserve. You've done an excellent job recounting those memories and putting them on paper. I don't think I could do that.

Much love and God bless,

-Rebecca

Thanks for the review, by the way.
InkyPink chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Jeez, just what WAS his problem? People like that make me so angry, I'm still in shock from reading this. I'll never forget it. It's hard to believe someone could be so brainless and cruel. Perhaps, for some reason, he felt insecure about his own life and just wanted to prove to himself that he could 'powerful' and in control? What an absolute moron. I'm glad that Torstein arrived to sort him out; he sounds a true friend!
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
Hello my friend,

First, I would like to thank you for reviewing a large portion of my work. It means alot to me. Sorry I haven't been able to add new stuff recently with the Advanced Placement (AP) exams that are coming up. I was reading this today and I really liked the way that you introduced yourself and then included the contempt that you felt for this person who did this horrible thing to you. I am glad that you have people who can come to your aid and help you when you are down, sometimes literally. People like that are important! Despite some of the darker stuff that you write, I like the uplifting side of you. Wonderful job. I really like the writing that you use and would love to have more posted (or I will read all of your stuff and find some other uplifting stuff!). Thank you for writing!

Always,

Lady Alera Van Hexis

Queen Regent of Darkness and Lust
Katja de Wit chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Wow... I feel so weird after reading this. It just sort of reminded me of everything that's wrong in this world. I agree that it's very brave of you to put this story up here. :]

Katja
Sophia Victoria chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
That was a well-written one. I really want to beat that asshole of yours into a complete, bloody pulp!

It was good that you have loyal friends. . . recently, all of my friends have been acting total shits. . . i have recently found out that they are taking our friendship for granted and that they are just like everyone, shallow and somehow stupid. Yeah, that's why I'm writing all these horror and angst poem.

But I'm recovering though. . . courtesy of my newfound friends. They are just fun to be with and so warm and understanding.

x/ hell phoenix/ x
The blind palm reader chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
wow, its really bave to put something like this for people to read, but its so amazing how friends can be like,

I have a friend like this.

Are we lucky to have them?

Love your writing,

The blind palm reader

Penguin for your thoughts?

(O,O)

/(mm)\
a-random-writer chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
i hate morons like that who bully people who can't fight back against them...pit them against womeone stronger than themselves and they cower...its pathetic. i'm glad your best friend came and helped you out! the needles in your legs sound really painful...i hope it doesn't hurt too much...)
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Very good one shot! I really like your style of writing, can't say it too much!
sweets555 chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
wow...that was saddening. A) im sry...that would b horrible...

but on a slitely brighter side, it was really good. in a sad and depressing kinda way. though that is wat i like...
seventhchords chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
This really was a very moving piece, I felt. And it's just so wonderful a thought to know that in spite of all these horrible things, there's always someone there to pick you up. Great, honest sharing. Looking forward to more from you!