Reviews for A Modern Daphne
Perennial Rhinitis chapter 8 . 5/30/2007
I have your story on Story Alert. Just so you know, I find Kane and Matt's story quite page-turning. (",)
Ryoko of the Ink chapter 7 . 2/22/2007
I can't believe your story only has eight reviews. From the first chapter your story has captured my intrest, which I must say is a hard thing to do.

I look foward to reading the next chapter
Le Meg chapter 6 . 1/31/2007
Bummer. Why is it that guys don't get it? I have had so many talks like that to guys I know about equality and they think that not only do we have all of the same rights and chances, that mankind as a whole has actually progressed as far as it will socially. Of course, the Greeks did kind of invent that, so I can't really be surprised if the clans still follow the patriarchy, to some degree. But still, bummer. It'll be interesting to see how she works this all out with Mark though - what ends up being written.
Le Meg chapter 5 . 1/29/2007
Fun! I've always really liked the idea of the greek gods still existing in a modern world, slumming around in secret. I can't wait to see what you've got planned for Ms. Kane and Mr. Matt, as well as what you've done with the other clans of gods, what their powers and goals are, and all that. Personally I've always been a Hermes or Apollo girl, but Ares is definitely up there as a favorite. I'm actually writing ideas out for my own mythology based story right now, but I'll save that for another time. So kudos and good luck!
Empress of La la la Land chapter 4 . 1/8/2007
Urrgh, twelve brothers... I have one and he drives me up the wall)) I like this, update soon please.
Forsvint chapter 4 . 1/4/2007
I will come right out and say it. This story surpasses your Heartbleeder series. As much as I anticipate the outcome of the turmoil swirling about in circles in Jack and Alex's corner... I am more interested in your demigods. You have a vast stretch of new canvas at your disposal and I am anxious to see what you paint. Demigods is a fresh idea. Most people forget that they existed too. Everyone focuses on the Gods... but never the bastard childern (mythical fact... go read a book on myths if you don't believe me). Your character Matt has won me over. I'm still waiting for Kane to thaw out completely. Right now, she sounds a little bit like Alex... but it is easy to do that with characters whenever you are creating strong female leads. I love Christian! You can tell he's a big softy for his sister... but being eldest... well... let the masquerade continue, if you will. I wonder though... will Matt's transition be an easy or rocky road. It can't be easy to have someone drop such a gigantic A-bomb on you without there being consequence and reprecussions, in an emotional sense. Write more! Please :)
Perennial Rhinitis chapter 4 . 12/13/2006
Your take on the children of Greek gods is nice. Kane really is somewhat scary at times. I am looking forward to the next chapters.

You have some words that are unncessarily capitalised, though. You also have unnecessary commas as well. But I think that these errs don't impair the flow of the story and your writing style that much. (",)
D. Humphreys chapter 3 . 12/7/2006
I'm really enjoying this story, I've always loved ancient Greece.

But I have a confession.

I am a *dun dun dun* COMMA NAZI.

and I think I twitch whenever I see an unnecessary comma in this story... because there's a lot.

just a little creative critisism.
lyricist87 chapter 2 . 12/5/2006
If I'm behind, I'm a multiple reviewer. so if I annoy you with all these reviews, let me k,know. I'll stop.

well anyways, she seems kinda scary. But coolnesses... she's at least interesting.

cool twist though. I thought she was just going to make him write stuff. never did I suspect that she'd have to write for him, and that she's be related.

O wells.

Excited about this story.

Book, sorry.

Seeya later.

Nicole
lyricist87 chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
Coolnesses!

Another story to grab my attention.

lol

you are so interesting. I mean, the things that you write are. so you can't be too far behind them, since you are the one who wrote them. lol

well, this looks great, like the other things you've written.

I'm excited about watching this unfold in to a super great story.

Seeya,